George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by morganb » 25 Aug 2022 16:02

CONFRIMED | We can announce that striker George Puscas has completed a loan move to Italian second tier side Genoa, which will see him compete for Serie B points until the summer of 2023.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReadingFC/st ... 6910016512

https://mobile.twitter.com/GenoaCFC/sta ... 1795418115

George Puscas is a new Genoa player. The 1996-born striker comes from Reading FC. In Italy he wore the shirts of Inter, Bari, Benevento, Novara, Palermo and Pisa, making 127 appearances between Serie A and B, scoring 39 goals. He boasts 30 appearances and 8 goals in the national team.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Aug 2022 16:14

About time, now let's get the Sarr deal confirmed and hope that he is confirmed ahead of Saturday as well. Hopefully should free up some wriggle room for another player or two (maximum).

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Aug 2022 18:21

YorkshireRoyal99 About time, now let's get the Sarr deal confirmed and hope that he is confirmed ahead of Saturday as well. Hopefully should free up some wriggle room for another player or two (maximum).

Sounds like Ince wants 3 more. We possibly have more wiggle room than we think. I am not sure how it works but if we’re paying Sarr £6k pw as an example it’s possible that we could have afforded £4k pw before offloading Puscas. Therefore, we might be able to use more of Puscas’ wages for other players. Plus, Chelsea might let us have Baba and Hutchinson for nominal fees and cover their full salaries.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2022 18:43

blythspartan
YorkshireRoyal99 About time, now let's get the Sarr deal confirmed and hope that he is confirmed ahead of Saturday as well. Hopefully should free up some wriggle room for another player or two (maximum).

Sounds like Ince wants 3 more. We possibly have more wiggle room than we think. I am not sure how it works but if we’re paying Sarr £6k pw as an example it’s possible that we could have afforded £4k pw before offloading Puscas. Therefore, we might be able to use more of Puscas’ wages for other players. Plus, Chelsea might let us have Baba and Hutchinson for nominal fees and cover their full salaries.

If Baba & Hutchinson are only available as loans, then we'll only take 1. Having 6 loanees hamstrings your selection options. Can you imagine if we had the current injury list and had a player available that we couldn't use as he was loanee #6?

If it is loans, then Baba is priority then we likely sign one of the guys still on trial with us.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Aug 2022 18:53

Stranded
blythspartan

If Baba & Hutchinson are only available as loans, then we'll only take 1. Having 6 loanees hamstrings your selection options. Can you imagine if we had the current injury list and had a player available that we couldn't use as he was loanee #6?

If it is loans, then Baba is priority then we likely sign one of the guys still on trial with us.

Ahh yes you’re right. I was forgetting about the rules around loanees and the 2 guys we still have on trial. It’ll be an interesting last week of the transfer window. Ince wants another striker but that might be wishful thinking.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Aug 2022 18:56

Don`t you just love the twitter dickheads, it genuinely wants me to make me chuck up.

I`m glad he`s gone but without doubt for me he will stick away a few chances he gets, I believe they play 38 games over there I`m tipping him to get 15-20 goals.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 25 Aug 2022 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2022 18:58

blythspartan
Stranded
blythspartan

Ahh yes you’re right. I was forgetting about the rules around loanees and the 2 guys we still have on trial. It’ll be an interesting last week of the transfer window. Ince wants another striker but that might be wishful thinking.

Striker, if we get one, will be a free agent and likely one who is available come 1st September. Just have a strange feeling we may see Carroll return, as he brings a different option up top.

Else it'll be a fairly left field one. Vydra still appears to be available, he may well suit what Ince is trying to do.

Rax

by Rax » 25 Aug 2022 19:41

Stranded
blythspartan
Stranded

Striker, if we get one, will be a free agent and likely one who is available come 1st September. Just have a strange feeling we may see Carroll return, as he brings a different option up top.

Else it'll be a fairly left field one. Vydra still appears to be available, he may well suit what Ince is trying to do.

Vydra would be a decent shout - unfinished business, reputation restored etc, remember he was so woeful here that Brian had to defend him against Dellor in one of the few times they had cross words - then went on to score for fun elsewhere!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2022 19:46

Rax
Stranded
blythspartan

Vydra would be a decent shout - unfinished business, reputation restored etc, remember he was so woeful here that Brian had to defend him against Dellor in one of the few times they had cross words - then went on to score for fun elsewhere!

Love Carroll to return, Grabban or Vydra would useful in my books too but think Carroll probably fits the style better.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2022 23:08

I'm obviously on my own here, but I think Joao, Long and Meite, with Clarke, Ehibhatiomhan and Melvin-Lambert as back up is fine. 6 for 1

And Yiadom, Abrefa, Holmes, Hutchinson, Sarr, Dann, McIntyre, NGW, Clarke is fine across the back. 9 for 5

I'd say if anything we're still a bit light in midfield.

Hendrick, Fornah, Loum, Ejaria, Hutchinson, Tetek doesn't leave us mych with a couple of injuries as we play 3. 6 for 3 counting two from elsewhere

Ince, Hoilett, Meite, Ejaria and Azeez plus Camara is probably ok, maybe a bit light. 6 for 2 counting two from elsewhere
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 26 Aug 2022 09:08, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2022 06:41

Stranded
blythspartan

If we had a huge injury list and 6 loaness then there is absolutely no issues as we have 1 loan keeper and
multiple alternatives for him. A touch rough on Lumley but he could be sacrificed and one of the other contracted keepers used.
However I don’t think Rahman would be coming on loan anyway.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 26 Aug 2022 08:43

Snowflake Royal I'm obviously on my own here, but I think Joao, Long and Meite, with Clarke, Ehibhatiomhan and Melvin-Lambert as back up is fine. 6 for 1

And Yiadom, Abrefa, Holmes, Hutchinson, Sarr, Dann, McIntyre, NGW, Clarke is fine across the back. 9 for 5

Hendrick, Fornah, Loum, Hutchinson, Tetek doesn't leave us mych with a couple of injuries as we play 3. 5 for 3 counting one from elsewhere

Ince, Hoilett, Meite and Azeez plus Camara is probably ok, maybe a bit light. 5 for 2 counting one from elsewhere

Nope I agree. I think we have enough goals in those strikers. Plus we got Azeez Ince and Hoilet who i would hope will chip in with a few each.

Another CM is a must - Ejaria, Fornah, Loum, Hendrick, Hutchinson I dont feel is enough for the rigours of championship football. With a November WC the games are going to be thick and fast. They will burn out.
Tetek is an unknown quantity to judge, I cant rely on him to being any good from the very limited and broken up apps he has done for Reading.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2022 09:03

Coppells Lost Coat
Snowflake Royal I'm obviously on my own here, but I think Joao, Long and Meite, with Clarke, Ehibhatiomhan and Melvin-Lambert as back up is fine. 6 for 1

Hendrick, Fornah, Loum, Hutchinson, Tetek doesn't leave us mych with a couple of injuries as we play 3. 5 for 3 counting one from elsewhere

Ince, Hoilett, Meite and Azeez plus Camara is probably ok, maybe a bit light. 5 for 2 counting one from elsewhere

Nope I agree. I think we have enough goals in those strikers. Plus we got Azeez Ince and Hoilet who i would hope will chip in with a few each.

Another CM is a must - Ejaria, Fornah, Loum, Hendrick, Hutchinson I dont feel is enough for the rigours of championship football. With a November WC the games are going to be thick and fast. They will burn out.
Tetek is an unknown quantity to judge, I cant rely on him to being any good from the very limited and broken up apps he has done for Reading.

Whoopsie... forgot Ejaria. :? :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Aug 2022 09:05

Why have you not listed any Academy midfielders in the mix there but have in other spots? If Ehibhatiomhan and Melvin-Lambert are valid striking back up then Leavy, Osario and Craig for example are valid back up in the middle. McIntyre has also shown he can step up into holding midfield effectively if needed - so there are a number of options there, if not perfect ones.

Need to add Ejaria in there too somewhere.

Priority after Sarr finally getting registered, is a LB then I guess who we get after that depends on availability or the plan for some of those fringe Academy players - is the plan to say loan Jamahri Clarke (or A.N. Other) out to L1 for the season, if there is interest? If so, we may want to another senior option up top.

Personally, I think we're putting all our LB eggs in a Baba shaped basket and then we'll sign one or both of the triallists - we've kept them on for weeks now (assume we must be at least paying expenses?), so we clearly have interest in them. I just don't see Hutchinson signing , but may be wrong. Mbengue does look a decent prospect having played Ligue Un.

The only other option is us picking up a free agent striker on a low wage post the window shutting i.e. Carroll, Grabban, Vydra or even someone who hasn't played for us before.

If we do only have 3 left - I would go, Sarr, LB (Baba?), attacking option. If we do have room for a 4th, then another midfielder.

Mbengue is only 20, so there is that gray area of if he even counts as a permitted player due to age.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2022 09:12

Stranded

Why have you not listed any Academy midfielders in the mix there but have in other spots? If Ehibhatiomhan and Melvin-Lambert are valid striking back up then Leavy, Osario and Craig for example are valid back up in the middle. McIntyre has also shown he can step up into holding midfield effectively if needed - so there are a number of options there, if not perfect ones.

Need to add Ejaria in there too somewhere.

Priority after Sarr finally getting registered, is a LB then I guess who we get after that depends on availability or the plan for some of those fringe Academy players - is the plan to say loan Jamahri Clarke (or A.N. Other) out to L1 for the season, if there is interest? If so, we may want to another senior option up top.

Personally, I think we're putting all our LB eggs in a Baba shaped basket and then we'll sign one or both of the triallists - we've kept them on for weeks now (assume we must be at least paying expenses?), so we clearly have interest in them. I just don't see Hutchinson signing , but may be wrong.

Partly because I forgot what Leavy's name was, partly because his position seems to be a bit ambiguous and partly because he doesn't actually seem very close to the first team.

Osorio has looked very promising but nowhere near the first team. Craig has shown no indication of being near the first team.

I've never really seen McIntyre as a viable midfieod option other than in an emergency and he's already down covering two positions, three just starts getting silly.

But all that just reaffirms my view that we don't really need more signings.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Aug 2022 09:48

I think we need two more after Sarr which will give us around 22 senior pros with Academy back up
We won't just lose players to injury this,season. Suspensions are likely too

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Aug 2022 09:55

Sarr will happen and then I get the feeling it'll be a left back, Rahman might be a loan, then possibly one of the trialists. In terms of positions, I'd prefer it to be the lad from Metz, just as a permanent addition to the midfield if nothing else and stocks us up well in that area then. Obviously don't sign him if he's not good enough though,

Whether we do have the room on the wage bill to afford all 3, I don't know, but if Rahman is another loan then I can imagine his wages will be nominal as well.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Aug 2022 10:31

If Vydra available and affordable - that is a YES all day long.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2022 12:11

I can only imagine Vydra has nightmares about his time with us. Without the baggage he'd be an absolute no brainer, but i can't help but think that baggage ups the risk of something going wrong rather high. And I think our numbers are fine

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Aug 2022 20:09

Very much doubt he’d be in our budget. Still a player in some demand I’d have thought

If by some chance he was then we’d be stupid not to have a look at least

791 posts