Hob Nob Legend

Re: January Window

by Hound » 18 Jan 2022 12:47

I don’t mind Tetek at RB. It’s LB which is the real worry

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Jan 2022 19:20

Not what I was expecting but currently Ghana losing to Comoros and crashing out of the AFCON in the group stage. Does that mean Rahman and Yiadom would be back for Huddersfield on Saturday?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Jan 2022 08:14

tidus_mi2 Not what I was expecting but currently Ghana losing to Comoros and crashing out of the AFCON in the group stage. Does that mean Rahman and Yiadom would be back for Huddersfield on Saturday?

Yes, they could well be available. Would imagine they will travel back today/tomorrow at latest.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jan 2022 09:13

Hopefully they should both be back in for Saturday against Huddersfield. Not only that, but I also hope we hear some updates within the next couple of days regarding the future of Carroll and if he is likely to sign on, if we are likely to bring in some new faces this window and if we can renew the contracts of some of our important players who are out of contract in the summer like Rinomhota and Holmes. That may well be a talking point on Friday when STAR meet the board however.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2022 17:49

YorkshireRoyal99 Hopefully they should both be back in for Saturday against Huddersfield. Not only that, but I also hope we hear some updates within the next couple of days regarding the future of Carroll and if he is likely to sign on, if we are likely to bring in some new faces this window and if we can renew the contracts of some of our important players who are out of contract in the summer like Rinomhota and Holmes. That may well be a talking point on Friday when STAR meet the board however.

Will STAR's first question be:

What the Actual oxf*rd are you doing?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Jan 2022 12:13

Can we not bring anyone in on loan? we badly need a couple of reinforcements

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 20 Jan 2022 12:17

Royal_jimmy Can we not bring anyone in on loan? we badly need a couple of reinforcements

Teenage Arsenal goalkeeper Karl Hein is a loan target for #ReadingFC

https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_crook/s ... 4065071110

You can never have too many young keepers

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jan 2022 12:24

Why on earth would we waste our precious incoming loans/transfers on a back up goalkeeper?

It's like we are trying to get relegated.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 12:29

We have 3 decent back up options. Further proof nobody at the club has a fcuking clue.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jan 2022 12:33

It's honestly like they're trolling us.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jan 2022 12:35

Well unless we are expecting some sort of goalkeeper injury crisis, it makes no sense at all. I wouldn't put it past us though.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Jan 2022 12:37

But he is from Arsenal, must be good.
I have no issues about signing this guy. Except we dont need a keeper, have very little funds and struggling in every other position. We are fighting for survival. Other than that, its a yes from me.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 20 Jan 2022 12:50

YorkshireRoyal99 Well unless we are expecting some sort of goalkeeper injury crisis, it makes no sense at all. I wouldn't put it past us though.

I am wondering if Andressen has joined the list of the permanently injured as there has been no sign of him since we recalled him. If so I could understand it if we were bringing in an "experienced" keeper as cover but there is zero point bringing in a youngster when we have three young keep's of our own (Collins, Holden and Boyce-Clarke). That would basically be saying they are all crap.

If this rumour is true then it would be an idiotic move.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jan 2022 13:32

If we are bringing in a keeper then he needs to be experience, Hein is well thought off but he's barely played a club game despite being the Estonian #1.

Can't imagine Arsenal will send him out to sit on the bench here, they'll want him to start and whilst Southwood is clearly a little low on confidence, he isn't in must be dropped territory. There must be a free agent banging around who would offer competition at a low cost.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jan 2022 13:37

Stranded If we are bringing in a keeper then he needs to be experience, Hein is well thought off but he's barely played a club game despite being the Estonian #1.

Can't imagine Arsenal will send him out to sit on the bench here, they'll want him to start and whilst Southwood is clearly a little low on confidence, he isn't in must be dropped territory. There must be a free agent banging around who would offer competition at a low cost.

As much as I've never personally rated him when I've seen him, Jamal Blackman has recently become a free agent after leaving LAFC on 1st January and has plenty of experience on loan at various EFL clubs during his career. No brainer if we really wanted a more experienced back up goalkeeper.

Even then, do we actually need one?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jan 2022 14:05

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded If we are bringing in a keeper then he needs to be experience, Hein is well thought off but he's barely played a club game despite being the Estonian #1.

As much as I've never personally rated him when I've seen him, Jamal Blackman has recently become a free agent after leaving LAFC on 1st January and has plenty of experience on loan at various EFL clubs during his career. No brainer if we really wanted a more experienced back up goalkeeper.

Depends on the situation really, I've no problem with one of our young keepers getting mins if Southwood needs dropping/gets injured but, it will depend on the state of the defence i.e. I wouldn't want any of our young keepers behind the current makeshift defence.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 20 Jan 2022 14:18

Estonian you say? Means our new manager is either going to be Martin Reim or Marko Kristal :wink:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jan 2022 14:22

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99

Depends on the situation really, I've no problem with one of our young keepers getting mins if Southwood needs dropping/gets injured but, it will depend on the state of the defence i.e. I wouldn't want any of our young keepers behind the current makeshift defence.

There are very few Championship goalkeepers I'd want behind our current defence, however with Morrison recently coming back into the fold alongside Holmes and with Yiadom and Rahman back potentially this weekend, we've got a more established and senior defence there so we "should" see some sort of improvement. I just don't think a squad goalkeeper should be our highest priority in our situation right now. Any normal window I'd have probably said yes.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2022 18:04

This club is broken. Has someone tried turning it off and on again?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 20 Jan 2022 18:58

Andressen is highly rated by us and equal to or if not better than Southwood!! There is no way we need to be wasting a precious loan on a youngster from Arsenal we don't even need.
Our two young keepers are the future of the club and Southwood has more than justified his inclusion in the team, in fact if it wasn't for him we may well be in a deeper hole than we already are!!
Use the loan for a young, bright and hungry attacking player which could spark a bit of life into the team. A fine example of this is Boro just went and signed Balogun on loan from Arsenal.

401 posts