New GK

541 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New GK

by morganb » 19 Jun 2022 10:14

DEAL DONE

We are pleased to announce that 27-year-old goalkeeper Joe Lumley has put pen to paper on a season-long loan move from @Boro

Welcome to Reading, Joe!

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/j ... long-loan/

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 19 Jun 2022 10:36

Reading the Boro fans site they rate him around 3/10 for last season. He is mentioned as error prone and far more poor games than good ones. He should fit in well at RFC.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Jun 2022 10:42

I think the Boro fans are being harsh. She did a lot for the Gurkhas.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Jun 2022 10:53

Orion1871 I think the Boro fans are being harsh. She did a lot for the Gurkhas.

Different lumley m8

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Jun 2022 11:09

Meh signing but shows where we are as a club at the moment.

Any idea how much Boro were paying him? As we are probably covering his full wage.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Jun 2022 11:19

Royal_jimmy Meh signing but shows where we are as a club at the moment.

Any idea how much Boro were paying him? As we are probably covering his full wage.

What does it show ?

As I think has been pointed out, we’ve previously recruited keepers who were students with virtually no pro experience, keepers about to quit the game because they couldn’t get In anyone’s side, keepers who had travelled across the world and were begging for breaks while cadging nights on mates sofas, keepers generally seen as figures of fun and keepers with confidence shotby high profile errors and subsequent dropping.
Shaka, Marcus, Feds, Ali and Jim Leighton all worked out ok, a few won POTS.
Lumley may or may not emulate their journey from zero to hero, but I’ll give him a chance.
Keepers and strikers more than anything thrive on confidence, who knows what the situation was at Boro. He’s a southern lad and maybe just didn’t settle up there, maybe his missus hated it, maybe all sorts of things...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Jun 2022 11:35

Or maybe he isn't very good.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Jun 2022 11:36

SouthDownsRoyal

Different lumley m8

Are you sure?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Jun 2022 11:36

Orion1871
SouthDownsRoyal

Different lumley m8

Are you sure?

Pretty sure

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Jun 2022 11:38

Nameless

What does it show ?

As I think has been pointed out, we’ve previously recruited keepers who were students with virtually no pro experience, keepers about to quit the game because they couldn’t get In anyone’s side, keepers who had travelled across the world and were begging for breaks while cadging nights on mates sofas, keepers generally seen as figures of fun and keepers with confidence shotby high profile errors and subsequent dropping.
Lumley may or may not emulate their journey from zero to hero, but I’ll give him a chance.
Keepers and strikers more than anything thrive on confidence, who knows what the situation was at Boro. He’s a southern lad and maybe just didn’t settle up there, maybe his missus hated it, maybe all sorts of things...

Well said. We know this season is most probably going to be really tough and tbh we need to all stick by the players even if they oxf*rd up, and not get on their backs. Confidence is so important and we need our whole team to play with confidence more than ever now.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Jun 2022 11:47

blythspartan
Nameless

What does it show ?

Well said. We know this season is most probably going to be really tough and tbh we need to all stick by the players even if they oxf*rd up, and not get on their backs. Confidence is so important and we need our whole team to play with confidence more than ever now.

There is a % of our support who appear to want us to fail, want players to be poor and don’t seem to actually get the idea of supporting a club.
Of course it’s mighty clever on an Internet forum to pick holes in players you have never seen play or r fuse to acknowledge that player you have taken a dislike to might actually have some ability. On a discussion board it probably doesn’t matter, we’re just a bunch of idiots wasting time, but there is a real lack of proper support sometimes. Love or loath Derby their fans really backed them last season, we sometimes need to take a bit of a look in the mirror....

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Jun 2022 12:04

We need to back the players we have yes and I certainly will be during games. But the odds are against us this season with the quality of players we can bring in as well as shifting overpaid primadonnas like Moore. This is the most negative I've felt about the club over the last 20 years. So I'm going into every game with zero expectations.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Jun 2022 12:07

That’s the spirit

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jun 2022 12:19

As a signing, not very inspiring. As always, we'll see how he does in his first few games and whether the initial reaction is right or wrong.

Can't help but feel right now we could do better and I'd rather gamble on Southwood personally.

Welcome and good luck to him. He’s a good age and has a good amount of experience at this level. Look forward to seeing him play.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Jun 2022 12:23

Royal_jimmy We need to back the players we have yes and I certainly will be during games. But the odds are against us this season with the quality of players we can bring in as well as shifting overpaid primadonnas like Moore. This is the most negative I've felt about the club over the last 20 years. So I'm going into every game with zero expectations.

There are no restrictions on the quality of player we can sign. We could still sign Laurent, Rino, Meite, Yiadom, Morrison....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jun 2022 12:57

Nameless
Royal_jimmy We need to back the players we have yes and I certainly will be during games. But the odds are against us this season with the quality of players we can bring in as well as shifting overpaid primadonnas like Moore. This is the most negative I've felt about the club over the last 20 years. So I'm going into every game with zero expectations.

There are no restrictions on the quality of player we can sign. We could still sign Laurent, Rino, Meite, Yiadom, Morrison....

Given Laurent has apparently gone to Stoke and Meite and Yiadom are already our players quite a few of them may be rather tricky to sign..

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 19 Jun 2022 14:10

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Given Laurent has apparently gone to Stoke and Meite and Yiadom are already our players quite a few of them may be rather tricky to sign..

If we bought players that we already own could we then reinvest that money under FFP rules?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Jun 2022 14:34

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Not really, we just signed Yiadom and Holmes.....

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Jun 2022 15:05

Good luck to the new goal kipper

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jun 2022 18:55

morganb
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

If we bought players that we already own could we then reinvest that money under FFP rules?

:lol:

541 posts