Freebies

706 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Freebies

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Aug 2022 12:09

From Despair To Where? Ross Barclay's available on a free.
If you take this post seriously, you're a moron
Could maybe do a job in midfield.

Kenedy is also likely to be available lol. Imagine if we signed him, Drinkwater, Barkley and Rahman :roll: :lol: that would be nuts

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Aug 2022 12:17

Royal_jimmy
From Despair To Where? Ross Barclay's available on a free.
If you take this post seriously, you're a moron
Could maybe do a job in midfield.

Kenedy is also likely to be available lol. Imagine if we signed him, Drinkwater, Barkley and Rahman :roll: :lol: that would be nuts

Spoke to a guy I know and he says getting all 4 is ‘unlikely’ at this stage.
Seems the problem is the guys at the EFL are unlikely to stop rolling around laughing before the transfer window shuts…..

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Aug 2022 12:20

Have we not been linked with Kenedy before if memory serves?

We sure do like to pick up/be linked with Chelsea's dross that have been shipped out on loan for nearly their entire Chelsea career.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2022 12:22

YorkshireRoyal99 Have we not been linked with Kenedy before if memory serves?

We sure do like to pick up/be linked with Chelsea's dross that have been shipped out on loan for nearly their entire Chelsea career.

We were linked with Kenedy right at the end of the summer transfer window in 2019 when we had splurged put money on Joao and Puscas

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Aug 2022 13:41

I knew you guys wouldn't let me down. :lol:

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 30 Aug 2022 22:33

Waiting for paperwork on Baba, hope to be training tomorrow.

Luongo has been training with the club, he’s one of 2/3 midfielders they’ve been looking at. Also want a striker, apparently we ‘will be surprised’ if he pulls it off. Intriguing

https://twitter.com/james_e1871/status/ ... syu-Q&s=19

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2022 07:34

morganb Waiting for paperwork on Baba, hope to be training tomorrow.

Luongo has been training with the club, he’s one of 2/3 midfielders they’ve been looking at. Also want a striker, apparently we ‘will be surprised’ if he pulls it off. Intriguing

https://twitter.com/james_e1871/status/ ... syu-Q&s=19

The striker comment is interesting - could be taken one of two ways - we'll be surprised if the EFL allow it or it is a "name" striker, potentially one that hasn't been discussed in detail and one you would be surprised to see rock up at Reading but may be from an Ince contact etc...

Assuming free agent, options include (according to Transfermarkt at least):

Diego Costa - would be the biggest signing in Champ history - absolutely no chance
Frederik Gulbrandsen - Regular goal scorer in Austria, Turkey and Norway involved in a goal every other game through his career
Matej Vydra - my personal choice - still got regular PL minutes last year, only 30, fits our style.
Saido Berahino - was quality, could recapture some past glory in the right team
Mame Diouf - 34 now but was still banging them in in Turkey last season.
Daniel Sturridge - total left field shout given his issues in recent years but still a quality finisher in there - not sure his all round game would suit

Obviously our old friend Andy is still available too but don't think anyone would be surprised if he rocked up again.

On the midfielder front, great that we are looking at 2 or 3 but hope we pick one up soon - last night showed we really need another option in there to be able to rotate more. Interesting* to know if the other 2 are the names we already know or others.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2022 20:33

Can’t see any activity today. If there was something in the offing there’d be a name or something out by now. Can hope that they’ve managed to keep something all hushed up but methinks we’ll be back looking for a free agent or two over the coming days.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Sep 2022 20:39

Sutekh Can’t see any activity today. If there was something in the offing there’d be a name or something out by now. Can hope that they’ve managed to keep something all hushed up but methinks we’ll be back looking for a free agent or two over the coming days.

Yep a dull day but as you say there will be free agents we can sign which might be the better long term bet

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Sep 2022 09:38

There were a number of players who became free agents yesterday - Danny Rose, Ryan Bennett, Taarabt, Andone - so the pool to choose from has got just bigger.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Sep 2022 12:55

Someone leaking that Luongo might possibly, maybe on Birmingham's radar possibly.

Sounds like a bloody well sign me if you are going to message to the club really.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Sep 2022 13:03

I wonder when we might hear about a new midfielder and striker? I’ve seen absolutely no rumours linking us with a striker and I am hoping that one of the trialists will prove to be a better option than Luongo tbh.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Sep 2022 14:41

blythspartan I wonder when we might hear about a new midfielder and striker? I’ve seen absolutely no rumours linking us with a striker and I am hoping that one of the trialists will prove to be a better option than Luongo tbh.

We have a week off, then 3 games in a week ahead of the only break this side of the World Cup. I don't think any free agent signed now would be anywhere near fit enough to be involved next week, so I'm not expecting to hear anything until the end of this week at the earliest with a view to them being up to speed for the Huddersfield game on the 1st.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Sep 2022 15:27

Mbengue appearing in a Tom Holmes Instagram video today dancing with Meite, so is clearly still with the club. Must have been with us for what a month or more now - we must be planning on signing him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Sep 2022 16:49

Stranded Mbengue appearing in a Tom Holmes Instagram video today dancing with Meite, so is clearly still with the club. Must have been with us for what a month or more now - we must be planning on signing him.

We’re just looking after him for Bournemouth …..

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Sep 2022 17:02

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middl ... sday-exit/

Middlesbrough have announced the surprise addition of Australian international midfielder Massimo Luongo on a short-term contract.

Despite being offered a new deal at Hillsborough, Luongo turned down the chance to extend his stay at Wednesday, and subsequently went on trial at Reading in the hopes of earning a deal with the Royals in the Championship.

It was only last week that Paul Ince confirmed that he was still looking into potentially adding the 43-cap international to his ranks, but Wilder has now pipped him to Luongo’s signature.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Sep 2022 17:05

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTilehurst ... 7500971008

The latest is that #readingfc still have Yasin Ben El-Mhanni and Amadou Mbengue on trial, so they could be ones to watch in the coming weeks

+ Hopefully a striker too

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Sep 2022 17:17

Does suggest Mbengue will sign

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Sep 2022 17:29

I never really got the enthusiasm for Luongo.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Sep 2022 10:54

From Despair To Where? I never really got the enthusiasm for Luongo.

+1

706 posts