Freebies

706 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Freebies

by Stranded » 20 Jul 2022 18:47

RG30
windermereROYAL Dwight Gayle rumour doing the rounds now, I`m off down the oracle. who makes up this shit?

Signing for Stoke

Who came out of left field a bit - all rumours of him going on loan to one of 5 Champ clubs, none of which were Stoke, then he is suddenly off there on a permanent deal.

Stoke are really going for it this year, must have an inkling that they need to be out of the EFLs reach soon.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2022 19:46

Two frustrating they can make signings like this with their losses. Bit of a pisstake really

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jul 2022 08:59

Hound Two frustrating they can make signings like this with their losses. Bit of a pisstake really

It is, but the Stoke supporting side of my family seem pretty happy at the mo. Just have a feeling they know their loophole is going to get shut soon so just trying to get up before it's too late.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Jul 2022 09:27

Stranded
Hound Two frustrating they can make signings like this with their losses. Bit of a pisstake really

It is, but the Stoke supporting side of my family seem pretty happy at the mo. Just have a feeling they know their loophole is going to get shut soon so just trying to get up before it's too late.

We did the same and just spent it badly. They had better hope that they're getting it right, as Wednesday and ourselves show their future if not.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Jul 2022 09:34

I am fairly sure that Ince said he’d be making a decision about the 2 trialists after the Wimbledon game so we might hear some news soon.

Purely based on a few tweets from fans of other clubs and from the highlights I have now seen of our last 2 friendlies I’d definitely take a punt on NGW. Also, I feel YEMB has something about him, maybe something to prove. Anyway I’d like to see a LB at the club before the Blackpool game. I am not really confident about TMac being there and he should be our number one/two centre back.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jul 2022 09:45

blythspartan I am fairly sure that Ince said he’d be making a decision about the 2 trialists after the Wimbledon game so we might hear some news soon.

Purely based on a few tweets from fans of other clubs and from the highlights I have now seen of our last 2 friendlies I’d definitely take a punt on NGW. Also, I feel YEMB has something about him, maybe something to prove. Anyway I’d like to see a LB at the club before the Blackpool game. I am not really confident about TMac being there and he should be our number one/two centre back.

Agree. I do think BOO will end up signing unless we are in a position where we feel we don't need him, but him alongside another LB would suffice for the season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2022 09:58

blythspartan I am fairly sure that Ince said he’d be making a decision about the 2 trialists after the Wimbledon game so we might hear some news soon.

Even if Ince has made a decision we still need the EFL to give approval. Might be a few weeks yet before anything is confirmed.....

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jul 2022 10:17

I can't imagine it would take as long as a few weeks for the EFL to approve a deal surely?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Jul 2022 10:30

YorkshireRoyal99 I can't imagine it would take as long as a few weeks for the EFL to approve a deal surely?

Yeah, I can’t see it taking that long but I honestly don’t know. I can see that discussions with players and their agents might take a while. I’d have thought that as these 2 players have been with us for about a week we might have already started dialogue with the EFL. Saying that there’s possibly little point until you decide to offer them a contract.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jul 2022 10:40

blythspartan
YorkshireRoyal99 I can't imagine it would take as long as a few weeks for the EFL to approve a deal surely?

Yeah, I can’t see it taking that long but I honestly don’t know. I can see that discussions with players and their agents might take a while. I’d have thought that as these 2 players have been with us for about a week we might have already started dialogue with the EFL. Saying that there’s possibly little point until you decide to offer them a contract.

I could imagine they run alongside each other, i.e. we ask the EFL what we can offer x player at this time and then propose an offer to the player for approval. Seems the way that would speed the process up there, but yeah I think the majority of the time would be taken up in negotiations with player/agent.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jul 2022 10:42

Given we haven't really set up with full backs in the past 2 games, I'm fairly certain TMac won't play LB v Blackpool, unless we see a shift back to 4231 on Saturday. He'll be the left of 3 CBs.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Jul 2022 11:40

Stranded

Given we haven't really set up with full backs in the past 2 games, I'm fairly certain TMac won't play LB v Blackpool, unless we see a shift back to 4231 on Saturday. He'll be the left of 3 CBs.

I must admit that I am not great with formations but I thought that we had been playing with 2 full backs but happy to be corrected.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2022 12:11

YorkshireRoyal99
blythspartan

I could imagine they run alongside each other, i.e. we ask the EFL what we can offer x player at this time and then propose an offer to the player for approval. Seems the way that would speed the process up there, but yeah I think the majority of the time would be taken up in negotiations with player/agent.

The Hutchinson deal was held up waiting on the EFL.
Notmsure how easy it would be to run things in parallel, especially if you are talking to several players not all of whom you might actually sign. Knowing whether Deal A might be approved might influence whether deals B, C or D are needed, and if you actually go with deal B you might be able to do deal F as well.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2022 12:12

YorkshireRoyal99
blythspartan

The Hutchinson deal was held up waiting on the EFL as was the Long deal I believe.
Notmsure how easy it would be to run things in parallel, especially if you are talking to several players not all of whom you might actually sign. Knowing whether Deal A might be approved might influence whether deals B, C or D are needed, and if you actually go with deal B you might be able to do deal F as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jul 2022 12:17

El Mhanni would surely be on relative peanuts. Non leaguer, last played for Scunny. Surely talking 1k a week or something . Can’t see there being much to discuss there if we want him

The GW one may be more problematic, esp if Wimbledon can claim some compensation due to his age

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jul 2022 12:29

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
blythspartan

The Hutchinson deal was held up waiting on the EFL as was the Long deal I believe.

I think the question was "a few weeks", as I just can't see it being that long personally, but ultimately I guess it will be on a case by case basis.

I'm sure it will all get taken into consideration, or there may be times where we can't offer certain players deals because we are currently in discussions to offer player x a deal etc. I can imagine that's where the difficulties in negotiating deals really begin to apply.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2022 12:40

blythspartan

Seems a crazy suggestion. I can’t imagine Bowen and Ince being sloppy enough to invite someone for a two week trial or whatever without establishing a rough framework for approval if we want the deal to go ahead. Couple of days maybe

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2022 12:40

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99

I think the question was "a few weeks", as I just can't see it being that long personally, but ultimately I guess it will be on a case by case basis.

I'm sure it will all get taken into consideration, or there may be times where we can't offer certain players deals because we are currently in discussions to offer player x a deal etc. I can imagine that's where the difficulties in negotiating deals really begin to apply.

Hutchinson has been with us quite a while....
It really isn’t a question of just dropping the league a quick email and getting a thumbs up by return....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2022 12:41

blythspartan
Stranded

I must admit that I am not great with formations but I thought that we had been playing with 2 full backs but happy to be corrected.

Certainly looked that way vs Benfica and Wham

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2022 12:43

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan

Seems a crazy suggestion. I can’t imagine Bowen and Ince being sloppy enough to invite someone for a two week trial or whatever without establishing a rough framework for approval if we want the deal to go ahead. Couple of days maybe

I can see that using random guess work is the way to go on deciding how these things work !

706 posts