Freebies

706 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Freebies

by paultheroyal » 08 Aug 2022 10:01

blythspartan I was reading that Bruce wants Kenneth Zohore to find a new club as he’s in the last year of his contract. Possibility, they might terminate his contract by mutual consent or send him out on loan for the season. It’s not worked out for him at West Brom but I thought he looked decent at Cardiff. He’s only 28 and if we could get it to work financially he might be worth a punt.

Swap deal for Liam Moore

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2022 10:46

paultheroyal
blythspartan I was reading that Bruce wants Kenneth Zohore to find a new club as he’s in the last year of his contract. Possibility, they might terminate his contract by mutual consent or send him out on loan for the season. It’s not worked out for him at West Brom but I thought he looked decent at Cardiff. He’s only 28 and if we could get it to work financially he might be worth a punt.

Swap deal for Liam Moore

What injury does Zohore have ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2022 12:04

Nameless
paultheroyal

Swap deal for Liam Moore

What injury does Zohore have ?

Slight groin issue I believe at the moment. Unlikely to be serious enough to prevent him getting a move this window if anyone shows interest.

His time at WBA is somewhat akin to Marc McNulty’s time at Reading. He has been at WBA for 3 years now and has only made 19 league appearances (3 goals) for them in that time. He got only 22 minutes for them across a couple of games about a year ago and hasn’t featured in much other than u23 games since. His most recent run of games in the league was the 17 games (scored 2) he got on loan at Millwall between October 2020 and January 2021.

As far as I can make out he is currently contracted to the Baggies until June 2023.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2022 13:56

20 yo midfielder Amadou Salif Mbengue is on trial apparently.

Made 12 Ligue 1 apps for Metz last year. 5 starts so work permit should be no problem.

Defensive midfielder who can play CB too.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Aug 2022 14:39

Stranded 20 yo midfielder Amadou Salif Mbengue is on trial apparently.

Made 12 Ligue 1 apps for Metz last year. 5 starts so work permit should be no problem.

Not sure if we need another DM tbh. Unless the Naby Sarr deal has fallen through and he’d be used as a CB.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2022 15:22

blythspartan

Not sure if we need another DM tbh. Unless the Naby Sarr deal has fallen through and he’d be used as a CB.

Likely cheap cover for both with potential. 5 starts in Ligue 1 last year not to be sniffed at. Also, our current starting midfield are loanees with Loum, another loanee coming in. If we can add a 4th, who is under contract to us beyond this year, that isn't a bad thing.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Aug 2022 15:57

Stranded
blythspartan

Likely cheap cover for both with potential. 5 starts in Ligue 1 last year not to be sniffed at. Also, our current starting midfield are loanees with Loum, another loanee coming in. If we can add a 4th, who is under contract to us beyond this year, that isn't a bad thing.

Yeah agree I think a permanent addition to the midfield would be welcomed and would then leave us pretty well stocked in that area as well, it's not a bad thing to have competition in the squad, especially considering the restrictions we have, may as well use every avenue we've got, granted they are limited.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2022 17:31

May be sensible given Tetek's injury record... he's starting to look like we've broken him.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Aug 2022 11:31

Daily Mail claiming we have beaten Boro, Swansea and Huddersfield to signing Luongo. To be taken with a large pinch of salt, possibly completely ignored.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Aug 2022 11:37

TiagoIlori Daily Mail claiming we have beaten Boro, Swansea and Huddersfield to signing Luongo. To be taken with a large pinch of salt, possibly completely ignored.

That would be a weird one given he was on trial with us briefly, then disappeared and we've signed three / four midfielders since, depending on where you count Hutchinson.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Aug 2022 11:39

TiagoIlori Daily Mail claiming we have beaten Boro, Swansea and Huddersfield to signing Luongo. To be taken with a large pinch of salt, possibly completely ignored.

Mail tend to be pretty good when it comes to deals like this. Wouldn't be against it.

Given Mbengue has been on trial, guess we've decided against and Luongo has come back around.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Aug 2022 11:49

It should be an interesting few days with possibly 2 or 3 incomings. I suspect 1 or 2 youngsters might go out on loan as well. A good friend who supports Fulham reckons we might be taking a look at Joe Bryan but I’ve never heard of him tbh.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Aug 2022 11:56

Snowflake Royal

That would be a weird one given he was on trial with us briefly, then disappeared and we've signed three / four midfielders since, depending on where you count Hutchinson.

Not sure I agree, feel like if one of Loum or Fornah get injured we would miss their energy a lot. Having said that Luongo isn’t exactly known for keeping himself fit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Aug 2022 11:59

TiagoIlori
Snowflake Royal

Not sure I agree, feel like if one of Loum or Fornah get injured we would miss their energy a lot. Having said that Luongo isn’t exactly known for keeping himself fit.

I don’t mean we shouldn't sign him. Midfield is where I think we're lightest. I just mean odd that he'd be with us on trial, leave for a month or so, we sign a bunch of other midfielders, then we sign him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Aug 2022 12:01

blythspartan It should be an interesting few days with possibly 2 or 3 incomings. I suspect 1 or 2 youngsters might go out on loan as well. A good friend who supports Fulham reckons we might be taking a look at Joe Bryan but I’ve never heard of him tbh.

Also apparently the ex-Newcastle winger Yasin Ben El-Mhanni is still on trial with Reading.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Aug 2022 12:08

Snowflake Royal
TiagoIlori
Snowflake Royal That would be a weird one given he was on trial with us briefly, then disappeared and we've signed three / four midfielders since, depending on where you count Hutchinson.

I don’t mean we shouldn't sign him. Midfield is where I think we're lightest. I just mean odd that he'd be with us on trial, leave for a month or so, we sign a bunch of other midfielders, then we sign him.

Ah, gotcha. I’m guessing as he was a free agent we didn’t want to rush into signing him while we were targeting Fornah and Loum who they thought was better.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2022 12:41

Luongo would make sense. Thought we may look at Bryan. Solid Cham lb

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Aug 2022 12:48

TiagoIlori
Snowflake Royal
TiagoIlori Not sure I agree, feel like if one of Loum or Fornah get injured we would miss their energy a lot. Having said that Luongo isn’t exactly known for keeping himself fit.

Ah, gotcha. I’m guessing as he was a free agent we didn’t want to rush into signing him while we were targeting Fornah and Loum who they thought was better.

Or we might have been keen but he wanted to explore his options before committing to anything.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Aug 2022 16:00

Hound Luongo would make sense. Thought we may look at Bryan. Solid Cham lb

Is Joe Bryan available on a free? Wages could be a stumbling block with that one.

Luongo would be a good signing, would give us good experience and seems like he'd fit into our midfield well and would compete for a place in the team, just another solid option to have on the bench. Hopefully he's a relatively cheap deal as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2022 16:28

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound Luongo would make sense. Thought we may look at Bryan. Solid Cham lb

Is Joe Bryan available on a free? Wages could be a stumbling block with that one.

Luongo would be a good signing, would give us good experience and seems like he'd fit into our midfield well and would compete for a place in the team, just another solid option to have on the bench. Hopefully he's a relatively cheap deal as well.

Definitely available. Imagine loan though

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/ ... ulham-exit

706 posts