Jeff Hendrick

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Jeff Hendrick

by Sutekh » 08 Jul 2022 07:11

From Despair To Where? If we are "looking to pay more than permitted" it is quite clearly a big fat no for me.

To be fair, I was never sold on the idea in the first place

If Reading offer more than permitted then presumably the FL won’t sanction the deal so what’s the point offering more than permitted in the first place.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jul 2022 07:24

Sutekh
From Despair To Where? If we are "looking to pay more than permitted" it is quite clearly a big fat no for me.

To be fair, I was never sold on the idea in the first place

If Reading offer more than permitted then presumably the FL won’t sanction the deal so what’s the point offering more than permitted in the first place.

Because they will have cleared it with the EFL before offering it ?
It’s possible the various limits were agreed some time ago and as we have a much changed squad there is room for us to go back and ask for variations if they still fit within the overall business plan.
Whether putting anotherfew grand a week into the pocket of one player makes sense is a whole different question but I can see it’s something that could be possible.
I think I’d spend the money on a midfielder (unless we have deals lined up for Puscas and Joao in which case we need a striker and willhave significant funds to offset against a higher wage)

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Jul 2022 07:54

paultheroyal
blythspartan
paultheroyal Picking up a decent wage helps, but our training facilities etc - which are world class is a massive draw for some of these players.

+1 - Paul, change of subject are there any new developments regarding Long?

I typed a message and then deleted it because situation changed.

Stop the press: all is not lost. They are talking. Reading are looking to pay more than they are currently limited too. Interestingly my source said “Reading are looking to pay more than permitted £8k. I thought this was quite telling and making it genuine because this source would know nothing about our wage limits particularly the £8k.

If no develops by Monday, i will know more Tuesday night.

Even I am surprised, all is not lost.

I really hope that we wouldn’t offer him more than around £8k per week. I can see that signing him might give some of the fans a lift etc. but I’d rather we spent the money elsewhere.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2022 08:19

Dreadful development. Let's break our wage structure for a guy who's main attribute was pace and is now in his 30s, and hasn't played or scored much for years. All so he can ruin his former reputation here

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Jul 2022 08:33

Can anyone start a Long poll? It would be good to gage the consensus of opinion on HNA.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Jul 2022 08:48

Definitely no more than £10k a week for Long for me, assuming that's even what we can offer players anyway (although I imagine it was in that area).

He would be a good player to have, but won't exactly be our talisman for the season anyway but should be able to provide us with something useful as a CF anyway, but not worth anymore than £10k a week for me personally.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jul 2022 08:54

We don't have a firm limit as such on wages this year though, only the average and some fluff about agreed limits with the EFL for individuals, so if the average is 8k, we can pay someone 10k but would need to be balanced with say one individual getting 6k.

If Long is going to be key to the way we want to play next year, then I don't have a problem as such paying a bit more, as it would need to be ratified as in line with our restrictions, but if he is just going to be an option then it makes little sense esp. if it stops us bringing in someone else who could be very important.

At the end of the day, if he signs, he fits with the EFL approved budget so fair enough, if he doesn't I'm not going to lose any sleep as if Shane Long had never played for us, there wouldn't be any sort of clamour to sign him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jul 2022 08:57

Snowflake Royal Dreadful development. Let's break our wage structure for a guy who's main attribute was pace and is now in his 30s, and hasn't played or scored much for years. All so he can ruin his former reputation here

Players adapt and develop, he’s got lots of top level experience, he’ll be a different player to what he was at 20 and Ince and Bowen have no reason to sign him on sentimental grounds.
I woukdn’t Make him a marquee signing or build a team round him but can see a role for him. We wouldn’t be ‘breaking our wage structure’ if we can afford what we might offer so no need to over exaggerate on that one.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 08 Jul 2022 08:59

I have heard it's all done, we are just waiting to announce him along with out 'Ireland Green' away kit. Only slight snag is that he might sign for someone else and the away kit could be a different colour, other than that it's 100%

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jul 2022 09:44

blythspartan Can anyone start a Long poll? It would be good to gage the consensus of opinion on HNA.

So how many options do you want on it? I'm not sure what you would consider Long

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2022 09:50

Wycombe Royal
blythspartan Can anyone start a Long poll? It would be good to gage the consensus of opinion on HNA.

So how many options do you want on it? I'm not sure what you would consider Long

Done it on TB.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Jul 2022 10:04

Interesting lengthy interview with Drinkwater here
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 6649761794

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Jul 2022 10:22

Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal

Done it on TB.

Thank you

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jul 2022 10:34

Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal

Done it on TB.

:roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2022 10:44

Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal So how many options do you want on it? I'm not sure what you would consider Long

Done it on TB.

Yeah Wycombe I got it, it was a shit joke, but you happened to be the most recent post on the subject.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 08 Jul 2022 10:59

Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal Done it on TB.

Yeah Wycombe I got it, it was a shit joke, but you happened to be the most recent post on the subject.

I was going to make a joke about the signing of Tyrese Fornah being a "fornahlity" but I reconsidered. I think I am maturing as a man.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jul 2022 11:46

Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal Done it on TB.

It may have been a shit joke, but I'd rather be a poster making a shit joke, than being an insufferable bore (although to be fair I'm quite capable of both).

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jul 2022 12:26

From my toon supporting mate:

He didn't get much of a chance here. Defo do a job for you in the champ though. He's just a steady eddie. Keeps it simple, doesn't give it away much and grafts hard.

Sounds perfect.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jul 2022 12:36

Potentially SPOTTED in training.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jul 2022 12:39

Actually probs not him as he's covered in tatts like a thug.