Joao to West Brom nonsense.

194 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Joao to West Brom nonsense.

by windermereROYAL » 02 Sep 2022 11:05

Still can`t forgive him for that insane miss at Barnsley the other year that went some way towards us missing out on the play-offs. you will go some way to see a worse one.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Sep 2022 11:55

windermereROYAL Still can`t forgive him for that insane miss at Barnsley the other year that went some way towards us missing out on the play-offs. you will go some way to see a worse one.

No you won’t. The answer is Steve Stone.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Sep 2022 13:38

Sutekh
Uke João's a modern day Colin Gordon

:lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Sep 2022 13:46

Nameless
windermereROYAL Still can`t forgive him for that insane miss at Barnsley the other year that went some way towards us missing out on the play-offs. you will go some way to see a worse one.

Awful though it was, Stone's was nowhere near as bad. His was a bobbling ball on a dodgy pitch as the ball was coming across him.

https://youtu.be/MWs07SELCWQ

No such excuses for Joao.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Sep 2022 14:13

Royal Rother
Nameless

Awful though it was, Stone's was nowhere near as bad. His was a bobbling ball on a dodgy pitch as the ball was coming across him.

Yeah he simply has to score that really. What difference it would have made, who knows, but he has to be scoring that. There aren't many I can think of that are worse than since the PL era began from 92.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Sep 2022 14:38

YorkshireRoyal99
Royal Rother
Nameless

Yeah he simply has to score that really. What difference it would have made, who knows, but he has to be scoring that. There aren't many I can think of that are worse than since the PL era began from 92.

If you really want to go down that route then you can balance that miss out by any number of goals that came out of nowhere to gain us a point or 3, that nobody else in the side would have scored. First one that comes to mind from that season, Wycombe (H) -struggling to break them down, he takes down a hopeful long ball, holds off one defender whilst he turns, holds off a second to create space for the shot, scores,

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Sep 2022 14:48

Royal Rother
Nameless

Stone's was awful! Rosenthal-eqsue.

Kevin Campbell was a decent player, wasn't he

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 02 Sep 2022 14:50

Just read the last 4 pages of this thread and I am no clearer to knowing if Joao signed for West Brom, Fenerbache or Woodley Town 3rds!!!

Is he still with us?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Sep 2022 15:05

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99
Royal Rother

If you really want to go down that route then you can balance that miss out by any number of goals that came out of nowhere to gain us a point or 3, that nobody else in the side would have scored. First one that comes to mind from that season, Wycombe (H) -struggling to break them down, he takes down a hopeful long ball, holds off one defender whilst he turns, holds off a second to create space for the shot, scores,

Oh yeah of course, it will balance out over the course of the season obviously but it's just one of those highlight moments from that season where you look back in hindsight and think "what if". I've always believed it's all a bit trivial anyway, for the reason you just listed as well, but it's one of those regrettable moments overall that you'd think anybody would have to score. The sheer woefulness of that miss probably doesn't outweigh the best bit of his season, if that makes sense.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Sep 2022 15:09

Mr Angry Just read the last 4 pages of this thread and I am no clearer to knowing if Joao signed for West Brom, Fenerbache or Woodley Town 3rds!!!

Is he still with us?

Yes, at the moment. However Turkey's window is open for another week, so there is still time. Also, Woodley Town being non-league I believe that he could sign for them at any time of the season, so it may not be all over just yet!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Sep 2022 15:17

The Royal Forester
Mr Angry Just read the last 4 pages of this thread and I am no clearer to knowing if Joao signed for West Brom, Fenerbache or Woodley Town 3rds!!!

Is he still with us?

Yes, at the moment. However Turkey's window is open for another week, so there is still time. Also, Woodley Town being non-league I believe that he could sign for them at any time of the season, so it may not be all over just yet!

He can’t sign for Woodley Town.
They became Woodley United about 10 years ago IIRC

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Sep 2022 15:27

The Royal Forester

Is he still with us?

Fenerbache have signed Batschuyi from Chelsea today, so I would be very surprised if they come back in for Joao.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Sep 2022 15:43

Stranded
The Royal Forester

Is he still with us?

Fenerbache have signed Batschuyi from Chelsea today, so I would be very surprised if they come back in for Joao.

Perhaps Fenerbache only signed Batschuyi for when Joao is injured....................

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Sep 2022 14:02

Setting aside the goals, that was much better. His best performance in my book.

And boy does he look knackered as a result!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Sep 2022 14:21

Royal Rother Setting aside the goals, that was much better. His best performance in my book.

And boy does he look knackered as a result!

Seriously, if anyone ever questions the amount of work that Joao does, we need to replay the TInce interview after the game.

“He can ignore me as long as he puts away goals”
“I don’t mind compensating, I do his running he scores the finishing “

The PInce interview is nearly as good

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Sep 2022 16:02

Read between the lines.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Sep 2022 17:02

Royal Rother Read between the lines.

I didn’t have subtitles on

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2022 17:35

Royal Rother Read between the lines.

Captain subtext says "oxf*rd off and stop criticising him"

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Sep 2022 17:46

I'd rather read between the posts, coz that's where Joao tends to put the ball.

retro royal

by retro royal » 05 Sep 2022 13:25

He looked so much happier having Long up with him, think we need two up front going forward, one thing I do like with Ince he mixes up the formation, not sure it's intentional or just no other choice. Sometimes it works like Stoke, and other times it doesn't Sheff Utd

194 posts