Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hector

by genome » 26 Sep 2022 20:47

Ok cheers mate

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Sep 2022 22:18

I have never really rated him tbh. I am not sure we need another centre back either. I know we need to get him off the wage bill but a fit fully focused Liam Moore is a better player.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Sep 2022 22:26

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Sep 2022 09:02

No problem with him training with us, especially at the moment with a few players away but I'd be surprised if we fill up our last slot with another CB.

We have Holmes, McIntyre, Sarr, Hutchinson, Yiadom, Mbengue and potentially even Moore so can play there. If we are looking at one more squad member then I would rather us use it on a more attacking midfielder to help add a little more creativity to things.

But Hector is a decent Champ CB, with PL and Bundesliga experience, who came through the ranks so who knows. Very surprised he is still available given he is only 30 - may have unrealistic wage demands.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Sep 2022 09:14

I'm surprised he's still available, but I've got no issue with him training with us really. Can't see this turning into any sort of deal unless we got rid of Moore in January and he was the replacement, but that's still (very) unlikely for me personally at the moment.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2022 09:19

If we could get him in fine. Certainly fits the type of player we’ve gone for

Expect the wage demands are high

Always liked him in midfield - not dissimilar role to Loum

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Sep 2022 09:53

Hound If we could get him in fine. Certainly fits the type of player we’ve gone for

Been out for a while - beggars cant be choosers - takes what he's given.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2022 11:44

paultheroyal
Hound If we could get him in fine. Certainly fits the type of player we’ve gone for

Been out for a while - beggars cant be choosers - takes what he's given.

He may be doing just that - choosing - at the moment

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2022 12:48

blythspartan I have never really rated him tbh. I am not sure we need another centre back either. I know we need to get him off the wage bill but a fit fully focused Liam Moore is a better player.

Moore is toss and has no way back.

Hector is good.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Sep 2022 17:09

My ITK contact says this is going to happen.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Sep 2022 17:53

Elm Park Kid My ITK contact says this is going to happen.

Mick Gooding says you can never have too many central defenders or strikers so I say sign him up.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Sep 2022 18:57

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan I have never really rated him tbh. I am not sure we need another centre back either. I know we need to get him off the wage bill but a fit fully focused Liam Moore is a better player.

Moore is toss and has no way back.

Hector is good.

I take it that you won’t be voting for Moore to make the STAR Hall of Fame in 10 years time :D

I do want him gone purely to get rid of his wages. If we sign Hector it will at least give us plenty of cover at centre back.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Sep 2022 20:01

With a bit of luck Dann will do the decent thing and just retire.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2022 21:13

I think there’s a very good chance it will happen if they can make the wages work. Moore pissing off or Dann retiring would certainly help on that regard

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Sep 2022 10:22

Hound I think there’s a very good chance it will happen if they can make the wages work. Moore pissing off or Dann retiring would certainly help on that regard

I think that's where a move would make sense - if we are able to persuade Dann and Moore to leave for a portion of their salary. Moore we know is unlikely to ever play for us again for obvious reasons - Dann just seems to breakdown again as soon as we hear he is back in training.

Be interesting* to know how long Hector has been with us - if he definitely is.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Sep 2022 10:49

The only way I can see this happening is if Dann is going to give up the battle to get fit. And I would only want it to be on the same terms as the Carroll deal - short contract to January. His ‘wage demands’ aren’t an issue, he’ll get a take it or leave it offer.
In an ideal world Moore is fit after the World Cup and the club mend bridges and he gives us top class cover for the remaining part of his contract. Any other solution is either unrealistic or simply based on ignorance.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Sep 2022 11:08

Nameless The only way I can see this happening is if Dann is going to give up the battle to get fit. And I would only want it to be on the same terms as the Carroll deal - short contract to January. His ‘wage demands’ aren’t an issue, he’ll get a take it or leave it offer.
In an ideal world Moore is fit after the World Cup and the club mend bridges and he gives us top class cover for the remaining part of his contract. Any other solution is either unrealistic or simply based on ignorance.

Why is it unrealistic to potentially look for a club willing to pay 50% of his wages for the remaining time of his contract with us from January onwards? It's only what happened last season and he'd be an asset for someone in this division, someone similar to a Stoke. Not only that, but even 25% of his wages (£7,500 roughly) might be acceptable so that we could bring in at least 1 other option potentially.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Sep 2022 13:48

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless The only way I can see this happening is if Dann is going to give up the battle to get fit. And I would only want it to be on the same terms as the Carroll deal - short contract to January. His ‘wage demands’ aren’t an issue, he’ll get a take it or leave it offer.

Why is it unrealistic to potentially look for a club willing to pay 50% of his wages for the remaining time of his contract with us from January onwards? It's only what happened last season and he'd be an asset for someone in this division, someone similar to a Stoke. Not only that, but even 25% of his wages (£7,500 roughly) might be acceptable so that we could bring in at least 1 other option potentially.

It may not be unrealistic to look, but finding someone to take a player who has barely played for a year, had several significant injuries and been harshly labelled a troublemaker seems optimistic. You’d be fishing in a very small pond of clubs fighting Chanp relegation or maybe Div 1 promotion with an injury crisis. Even then I don’t think they would pay £7.5 k

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Sep 2022 13:53

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99

It may not be unrealistic to look, but finding someone to take a player who has barely played for a year, had several significant injuries and been harshly labelled a troublemaker seems optimistic. You’d be fishing in a very small pond of clubs fighting Chanp relegation or maybe Div 1 promotion with an injury crisis. Even then I don’t think they would pay £7.5 k

I don't think it's unrealistic personally, particularly not at £7.5-15k a week, depending on other clubs finances. Fair enough, barely played this calendar year due to injuries but a fit Moore is a worthy asset to most sides in this division I'd say and ultimately any signing comes with an element of risk. Think he's just had 2 pretty bad injuries in recent times really, it's just about managing that and getting him fit.

Whether it happens or not is a different matter and I wouldn't expect a queue at our door, but I wouldn't call it unrealistic at the moment, unless he suffers another crippling injury on his return (November)-January time.