January transfer window 2023

313 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: January transfer window 2023

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2023 22:51

Hound Some mention on Twitter of Dann retiring. Prob BS as a random

Hard to believe given he just got 'fit'.

Would think almost a certainty come July.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2023 22:54

YorkshireRoyal99
YorkshireRoyal99
Brogue From jlow

‘ The loans of Tyrese Fornah from Forest and Mamadou Loum from FC Porto could be terminated early should any more players come in on loan because as things stand, the club have six players on temporary contracts. Only five loanees are allowed to be named in a matchday squad.’

I couldn't see either of those things happening to be honest and James Earnshaw has reported that nothing is expected to happen now in terms of outgoings tonight, which means we will be as we are for the remainder of the season.

Plenty in the tank to get the job done this season.

I say that and 5 minutes later Jokull Andresson has completed a loan move to League Two side Stevenage until the end of the season. Not that I expect it to make a lot of difference in the bigger picture.

Still good news, he seems to be racking up a bit of experience in the lower FL, hopefully he will impress and come into our side eventually.

Would have thought he could do better than L2 at this point. That would be a bit of a sign for me his days here are numbered.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2023 22:56

Vision
Brogue From jlow

‘ The loans of Tyrese Fornah from Forest and Mamadou Loum from FC Porto could be terminated early should any more players come in on loan because as things stand, the club have six players on temporary contracts. Only five loanees are allowed to be named in a matchday squad.’

I do like the Reading logic of "We need to make room for midfielders" by getting rid of midfielders.

Fornah's not really favoured anyway and Loum swings between great and liability, so swapping the pair for upgrades would make some sense, even though it screams made up to fet clicks.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Feb 2023 08:36

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
YorkshireRoyal99
I couldn't see either of those things happening to be honest and James Earnshaw has reported that nothing is expected to happen now in terms of outgoings tonight, which means we will be as we are for the remainder of the season.

I say that and 5 minutes later Jokull Andresson has completed a loan move to League Two side Stevenage until the end of the season. Not that I expect it to make a lot of difference in the bigger picture.

Still good news, he seems to be racking up a bit of experience in the lower FL, hopefully he will impress and come into our side eventually.

Would have thought he could do better than L2 at this point. That would be a bit of a sign for me his days here are numbered.

It seems to be he has signed as cover as well for Stevenage's first-choice goalkeeper, who is currently injured. Whether he retains his place when their regular goalkeeper is fit once again, who knows.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 01 Feb 2023 08:43

Disappointed not to see us cash in on Joao, but he can’t have been in massive demand. Would like to see us pair him with Long and play into feet.

Biggest win of the window has to be not getting in that overrated tosser Lyle Taylor

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Feb 2023 10:34

Notts Royal Disappointed not to see us cash in on Joao, but he can’t have been in massive demand. Would like to see us pair him with Long and play into feet.

Biggest win of the window has to be not getting in that overrated tosser Lyle Taylor

I personally wouldn't have minded Taylor. He wasn't going to fire in a goal a game or anything for us but I don't mind players who have a nack of winding people up and getting people going that way. Especially not for the sake of what would potentially be half a season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Feb 2023 10:58

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
YorkshireRoyal99

Surely getting him games is much more a sign we want to keep him active. If he had no future we could have just let him bumble along in training running his contract down.
For a keeper the division you play in is much less relevant than outfield players, in fact you are going to get a lot more action playing behind a less able defence.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Feb 2023 11:56

I'll remain cautiously optimistic about Casadei but I'm always sceptical about Chelsea fans telling us how amazing he is since I've seen our fans telling FGR the same about Clarke and all the evidence we have for that is one standout game against Birmingham.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2023 12:47

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Surely getting him games is much more a sign we want to keep him active. If he had no future we could have just let him bumble along in training running his contract down.
For a keeper the division you play in is much less relevant than outfield players, in fact you are going to get a lot more action playing behind a less able defence.

Not really, the club can still want to support him in moving on and finding somewhere else.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Feb 2023 13:40

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Not so sure about the last bit because the quality is relative. Stevenage are one of the better sides in League Two, they've got the second best defence in the league, without looking at how many shots they concede every game, they probably don't concede that many efforts on goal, let alone on target. The quality of the shots, the quality of the saves etc all comes into it.

I think the difficulty can be that it's tough to judge the ability of a goalkeeper, compared to outfield players.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2023 15:20

Hadn’t checked this site for a while but showing what it thinks are 2023 wages now

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-be ... p/reading/

Doubt ince is that low but may be fairly accurate otherwise

Lolz at Baba

If as seems likely Ejaria, Joao, Meite and Moore all leave in the summer are wage bill really is rock bottom

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Feb 2023 15:34

Hound Hadn’t checked this site for a while but showing what it thinks are 2023 wages now

Lolz at Baba

If as seems likely Ejaria, Joao, Meite and Moore all leave in the summer are wage bill really is rock bottom

It would seem accurate in that it stays within our £16.5m wage restriction and therefore we should have a lot of freedom wage wise at the end of the season.

I am curious what are profit/loss is expected to be with a £16.5m wage budget, hopefully we've learned lessons from this whole experience and spend much more wisely once the shackles are off.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Feb 2023 15:39

Hound Hadn’t checked this site for a while but showing what it thinks are 2023 wages now

Lolz at Baba

Do you mean Tom Ince who on that list is earning £2,600 p/w?

If you click on his name you get taken to:

Tom Ince earns £27,000 per week, £1,404,000 per year playing for Stoke as a AM RLC. Tom Ince's net worth is £7,831,200. Tom Ince is 27 years old and was born in England. His current contract expires June 30, 2022.

Which may be a little out of date but if correct then he's not exactly penniless and should be able to get by on his Reading weekly wage!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2023 15:43

morganb

Lolz at Baba

Tom Ince earns £27,000 per week, £1,404,000 per year playing for Stoke as a AM RLC. Tom Ince's net worth is £7,831,200. Tom Ince is 27 years old and was born in England. His current contract expires June 30, 2022.

Which may be a little out of date but if correct then he's not exactly penniless and should be able to get by on his Reading weekly wage!

Yep know he earned plenty through his career but that still seems low to me. Would have expected about 8-10

But may be not. Ridiculous bargain if he is on that

It’d actually leave Tom Mc as our highest paid player at the end of the season at just 3.6k a week.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Feb 2023 16:29

Hound
morganb

Lolz at Baba

Yep know he earned plenty through his career but that still seems low to me. Would have expected about 8-10

It’d actually leave Tom Mc as our highest paid player at the end of the season at just 3.6k a week.

I do actually think those figures look accurate. I know I was told that FM23 wages will have been "made up" but I had a feeling that they'd be in and around what we'd expect to see.

I wasn't expecting players to be earning quote-on-quote "respectable" Championship wages of around £8k (which is still fairly low). I'm not sure whether it was P.Ince or someone involved at Sheffield Wednesday but I've read before that the restrictions imposed on clubs are geared up to take them down.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Feb 2023 17:01

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
morganb

I do actually think those figures look accurate. I know I was told that FM23 wages will have been "made up" but I had a feeling that they'd be in and around what we'd expect to see.

I wasn't expecting players to be earning quote-on-quote "respectable" Championship wages of around £8k (which is still fairly low). I'm not sure whether it was P.Ince or someone involved at Sheffield Wednesday but I've read before that the restrictions imposed on clubs are geared up to take them down.

The figures might be general estimates but describing them as accurate would be a real stretch. There are some which just look wildly out, and some which are definitely wrong….. there is also the point that they might in some cases be what they think the player is receiving, but they aren’t close to what we are paying them

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2023 17:34

tidus_mi2

Lolz at Baba

It would seem accurate in that it stays within our £16.5m wage restriction and therefore we should have a lot of freedom wage wise at the end of the season.

I am curious what are profit/loss is expected to be with a £16.5m wage budget, hopefully we've learned lessons from this whole experience and spend much more wisely once the shackles are off.

Probably still lose a few mil. I thi k our income is reasonably estimated about £14m

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2023 17:38

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
morganb

I'd find salaries that low astounding tbh. And find it difficult to see how they added up to £16m

I don't think the wage limits are in anyway intended to send clubs down. I think they're intended to force clubs to live within their means, and the direct consequence of no bugger doing that unless its enforced means you're at a massive disadvantage and likely to go down. Because the whole system is rotten to the core and otherwise utterly unchecked

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2023 18:19

I think it was a Swiss ramble thread that suggested 16m would be the lowest in the div by a distance and if you look round the other clubs on there - according to that site it wouldn’t be, or anywhere close

Guess it may be base salary without bonus? Being and bonuses play a fairly big part of the salary I expect. But they must be getting this info from somewhere fairly solid as it can’t all be wild guessing

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2023 18:21

What is scary is how utterly ridiculous the prem wages are by contrast. Man U £250m per year. Forest must surely be screwed if they went down with their outlay etc

313 posts