Rumour - Jordan Hugill

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Jordan Hugill

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Jan 2023 17:35

I probably wouldn't say he's a major improvement on any of our forward options, but we only have one contracted as of next season so potentially a permanent move now on a lower wage due to our restrictions would probably be sensible business, rather than spending more on others in the summer.

Be it now or in the summer, he'd still be a good signing for the squad at the very least.

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 15 Jan 2023 19:10

Stranded
Crowbar6753
blythspartan
Possibly Sam Surridge on loan from Forest. Apparently, he had a shocker in the cup against Blackpool but he is only 24.

Once our transfer embargo is over i would like to go back to the so called "Reading Way" we're just not very good when it comes to buying expensive players.
I understand the 106 team was a bit of a perfect storm of players but it worked, there weren't many super stars but it worked perfectly. Let's go back to scouting young players from lower leagues & Ireland etc....pick an identity of how we want to play moving forward and slowly build a team around that so called identity whatever that may be.

I think we have to be realistic about what next season has in store - we will have more flexability in who we can sign and the wages we can offer but we will only move slowly away from the current set up. Next year will be a combination of experienced heads picked up on the cheap - Hugill may fit into that and some punts on younger talent who will have a re-sale value.

I don't see us paying for anyone unless we generate a fee first i.e. if we are able to get some money in for Ejaria or we finally sell Puscas/Joao leaves in this window - then we may well look to reinvest that but otherwise it is going to be another season of, hopefully, clever loans and freebies.

Not sure if I'm prepared to watch our negative style of play for another season, probably loads more feel the same, hence the dwindling attendances.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2023 21:37

WTF?

Last season we won 1 game by more than 1 goal. This season its already 4. We attack with pace and play a much higher tempo. We're more aggressive. We've got more of the ball. We're doing considerably better. And average attendance is up by almost 1,000 on last season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jan 2023 05:53

Snowflake Royal WTF?

Last season we won 1 game by more than 1 goal. This season its already 4. We attack with pace and play a much higher tempo. We're more aggressive. We've got more of the ball. We're doing considerably better. And average attendance is up by almost 1,000 on last season.

Yeah but we threw away a 2 goal lead on Saturday, so you know, it's awful.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 16 Jan 2023 16:22

Stranded
Snowflake Royal WTF?

Yeah but we threw away a 2 goal lead on Saturday, so you know, it's awful.

Agreed - the season is only as good as the last result :lol:

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 16 Jan 2023 18:08

Snowflake Royal WTF?

You must be joking, how can you say we attack with pace when the whole team lacks pace, also can't recall us playing with a high tempo since Ince took over. As for having more of the ball I think you will find we are bottom of the possession stats

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2023 18:25

MR.CYNICAL
Snowflake Royal WTF?

You must be joking, how can you say we attack with pace when the whole team lacks pace, also can't recall us playing with a high tempo since Ince took over. As for having more of the ball I think you will find we are bottom of the possession stats

Possession, you're right, I mixed up which year was which.

I can only assume you haven't seen us play in 18 months if you think Tom Ince, Nesta Guiness-Walker, Yiadom, Hoilett, Meite and Long lack pace.

Care to comment on attendances going down?

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 16 Jan 2023 18:38

You assume wrong.
I'll give you Tom Ince, Yiadom can't get forward as much now he's playing as one of 3 centre backs, NGW hardly gets a look in lately and Long doesn't play as much as we thought he would, not even Meite is a regular starter.

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 16 Jan 2023 18:40

Oh, forgot about Hoilett, you obviously didn't see him perform on Saturday, got hooked for a centre back.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2023 23:16

MR.CYNICAL Oh, forgot about Hoilett, you obviously didn't see him perform on Saturday, got hooked for a centre back.

A tactical sub that backfired? Not the best point.

I take it you're just going to pretend that attendance going up isn't really happening then?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Jan 2023 13:06

I've always thought Hugill is not bad.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 24 Jan 2023 12:40

Millsy I've always thought Hugill is not bad.

Off to Rotherham.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Jan 2023 19:06

Norfolk Royal
Millsy I've always thought Hugill is not bad.

Off to Rotherham.

Good. I think all our forward options are better than him