Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Cesare Casadei

by Millsy » 30 Jan 2023 10:06

This cesare lot about our ambition.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jan 2023 10:44

YorkshireRoyal99 Seems promising enough and if he's a decent footballer then by all accounts could easily come into this side and will provide extra competition in the midfield as well.

I get the feeling he will take Fornah's place though (I don't mean that Fornah will leave, I just mean in the matchday squad) and that it means that Ejaria is close to a permanent exit or that we've agreed for Tetek to go out on loan.

Think we could really do with a midfielder who can carry the ball forward. Ince can but some of the games, he’s up top. There’s not enough drive or movement in the team and as a result, our ball retention is poor

Hendrick and Loum get a fair amount of criticism, perhaps understandably at times too but it must be difficult with the lack of movement ahead of them. They’re not ball carrying midfielders and there’s often nothing ahead of them. Not sure what they’d supposed to do

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2023 11:52

URZZZZ
YorkshireRoyal99 Seems promising enough and if he's a decent footballer then by all accounts could easily come into this side and will provide extra competition in the midfield as well.

I get the feeling he will take Fornah's place though (I don't mean that Fornah will leave, I just mean in the matchday squad) and that it means that Ejaria is close to a permanent exit or that we've agreed for Tetek to go out on loan.

Think we could really do with a midfielder who can carry the ball forward. Ince can but some of the games, he’s up top. There’s not enough drive or movement in the team and as a result, our ball retention is poor

Hendrick and Loum get a fair amount of criticism, perhaps understandably at times too but it must be difficult with the lack of movement ahead of them. They’re not ball carrying midfielders and there’s often nothing ahead of them. Not sure what they’d supposed to do

Well I'd have always hoped that Ejaria could have been exactly that type of midfielder but for whatever reasons it hasn't materialised for him but we definitely do need a midfielder who can progress the ball through the thirds, either by carrying the ball or passing it through the lines.

Agree though, with players like Carroll up top, it becomes difficult to find those passes as we don't have a great deal of movement going forward, a lot of it will rely on Ince's movement inside or the wing backs getting much further up the field. It would be interesting to see the average positions for our wing backs this season.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 30 Jan 2023 12:40

J Low says:

The stumbling block for any new players joining Reading this window has been the embargo, which limits Ince to having 25 players in his senior squad. That is currently at full capacity, although it is understood the club are looking to free up a place for Casadei due to Dejan Tetek being out injured.

The young Serbian has struggled with injuries all season and a recent setback means he is unlikely to feature in the remainder of the campaign.
The club are, therefore, hoping to get the go-ahead from the English Football League (EFL) to remove him from the squad list and add Casadei on a loan deal for the rest of 2022/23.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... a-26106125

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2023 12:44

Is Tetek's contract up at the end of the season? Looks increasingly likely that he's on his way out of the club permanently.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2023 12:49

Christ what a nightmare for him. Been literally one injury after another

If we can makes total sense to cut him from the 25

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Jan 2023 12:50

Dejan Tetek was meant to be quite a promising player but it shows how injuries can unfortunately just ruin a career.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2023 12:51

Actually the whole article is worth reading. Sounds like they were trying to swap Laurent for Ejaria

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2023 12:53

tidus_mi2 Dejan Tetek was meant to be quite a promising player but it shows how injuries can unfortunately just ruin a career.

Maybe but he’s only 20. Club may decide he’s worth keeping on but he certainly isn’t in a great bargaining position

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2023 13:11

Hound
tidus_mi2 Dejan Tetek was meant to be quite a promising player but it shows how injuries can unfortunately just ruin a career.

Maybe but he’s only 20. Club may decide he’s worth keeping on but he certainly isn’t in a great bargaining position

He needs to get himself to a new training regime and medical team asap.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2023 13:27

Millsy This cesare lot about our ambition.

Being Italian Cesare will be pronounced Chez - ar - ay

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2023 13:53

Got round to checking the YouTube vids

No surprise but he’s big and tall. Standard Bowen signing, similar build to Laurent

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2023 14:07

Hound Got round to checking the YouTube vids

No surprise but he’s big and tall. Standard Bowen signing, similar build to Laurent

Things I liked.
Big, strong, good anticipation, not afraid to get in a tussle or challenge, played simple with few frills. Eye for a head on goal.

Less positive potential things.
He's big and strong for his age so could be used to physically bullying his age group, while he'll be the one on the end of being physically bullied in the Chump. The pace and physicality of the Chump will be much higher so he'll get less time and space.

I don't see a player ready for our first team from the clips I watched. But there's some promise there for sure. Doesn’t really look like he'll get to Chelsea standard for me, but then we wouldn’t get a look in if he was close.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2023 14:10

Hound Got round to checking the YouTube vids

Good, need someone who can’t be bullied but needs to be creative, if he can spot the right pass at the right time then it could be a brilliant move (but then that’ll also require decent movement from players around him).

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Jan 2023 14:15

Sutekh
Millsy This cesare lot about our ambition.

Being Italian Cesare will be pronounced Chez - ar - ay

Thanks for that.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2023 14:20

It seems like he can cope with the physicality of the Championship based on his build and it seems like a typical signing for us at the minute being big and strong. Looks quite good technically.

I don't think you'd go and spend £12.5m on a player if you didn't think he'd have potential for the first team, not even Chelsea are that mad despite their spending. Represented Italy at all youth levels as well, so must have some promise and seems like the calibre of player who might do well for us. I'd also be far more confident based on our recruitment team now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2023 14:24

YorkshireRoyal99 It seems like he can cope with the physicality of the Championship based on his build and it seems like a typical signing for us at the minute being big and strong. Looks quite good technically.

I don't think you'd go and spend £12.5m on a player if you didn't think he'd have potential for the first team, not even Chelsea are that mad despite their spending. Represented Italy at all youth levels as well, so must have some promise and seems like the calibre of player who might do well for us. I'd also be far more confident based on our recruitment team now.

Pretty sure that a large part of Chelsea's recruitment policy is denial of players to their opposition rather than actually focused on who they can benefit from.

See Sidwell, Parker, Hector, Baker, loads of others.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2023 14:46

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 It seems like he can cope with the physicality of the Championship based on his build and it seems like a typical signing for us at the minute being big and strong. Looks quite good technically.

Pretty sure that a large part of Chelsea's recruitment policy is denial of players to their opposition rather than actually focused on who they can benefit from.

Which Baker? The one that came through their academy?

I don't think that's true though. Beating your rivals to a signing is a positive, but I don't think any club at that level of the game will be signing players just to stop their opponents, they must believe they can offer something to their squad. Hector they may have believed had promise to become a good PL player, obviously never materialised etc.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2023 15:37

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

Which Baker? The one that came through their academy?

I don't think that's true though. Beating your rivals to a signing is a positive, but I don't think any club at that level of the game will be signing players just to stop their opponents, they must believe they can offer something to their squad. Hector they may have believed had promise to become a good PL player, obviously never materialised etc.

speaking of Chelsea youth, think a decent prospect for a loan next season might be Jude Soonsup-Bell