New manager rumours and speculation

768 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New manager rumours and speculation

by Snowflake Royal » 23 May 2023 15:54

Monk is a manager who failed at basket cases Wednesday and Birmingham. Why would we hire a known failure with basket cases to fix our basket case?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 May 2023 15:55

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Orion1871
Yes, it's called a journalist looking for content because there's nothing going on at the end of season.

If Kerr wasn't a former player remembered fondly, he'd be the sort of appointment that would have people spontaneously combusting in outrage, especially if Kia Joorabchian's name was associated.

I find it utterly baffling anyone would suggest him.

+1, same with Gunnarsson

For absoiute sure.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 23 May 2023 16:01

Sutekh Apparently the delay in appointing the next manager is due to the fact that club are awaiting Leeds' relegation to be confirmed.... :wink:

Is that because Karl Robinson might be available?

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 23 May 2023 16:16

Sutekh Apparently the delay in appointing the next manager is due to the fact that club are awaiting Leeds' relegation to be confirmed.... :wink:

As long as we're not waiting for Lampard... :shock:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 May 2023 16:21

Snowflake Royal Monk is a manager who failed at basket cases Wednesday and Birmingham. Why would we hire a known failure with basket cases to fix our basket case?

Harsh to say he failed at Birmingham personally speaking, Wednesday less so but had tough circumstances to deal with at both clubs. What would put me off Monk is that he hasn't been particularly outstanding anywhere and doesn't have much in the way of longevity in jobs. I don't think he's poor, just an average choice.

But if we are going off what people have done and not what they could do for us, then I guess nobody would want Wilder seen as his last couple of jobs have been a failure...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 May 2023 16:26

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Monk is a manager who failed at basket cases Wednesday and Birmingham. Why would we hire a known failure with basket cases to fix our basket case?

Harsh to say he failed at Birmingham personally speaking, Wednesday less so but had tough circumstances to deal with at both clubs. What would put me off Monk is that he hasn't been particularly outstanding anywhere and doesn't have much in the way of longevity in jobs. I don't think he's poor, just an average choice.

But if we are going off what people have done and not what they could do for us, then I guess nobody would want Wilder seen as his last couple of jobs have been a failure...

Wilder's penultimate 'failure' was actually success by our standard and who is going to count 11 games with Watford for anything.

Monk lost more than he won over substantial periods with both his last two clubs.

Wilder has far bigger highs, far lower lows.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 May 2023 16:33

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Wilder's penultimate 'failure' was actually success by our standard and who is going to count 11 games with Watford for anything.

Monk lost more than he won over substantial periods with both his last two clubs.

Then by rights, you'd say the same about ourselves? Considering he managed to keep Birmingham in the league from a similar-ish position with similar-ish consequences (both deducted points) and at both Birmingham and Wednesday he had a higher win rate than what Ince/Hunt had this season?

And when you say penultimate failure, he left a team with play off capabilities in 22nd place during the early stages of the season, so that's not really success is it?

But again, I always look to see what someone can do for us, rather than what they've done previously.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 May 2023 16:34

YorkshireRoyal99

ICYMI - another reason to stay away from Monk.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... -Monk.html

Garry Monk and his agent have been sent legal letters by Middlesbrough
The pair are accused of deceiving the club to the tune of millions of pounds
Boro are investigating a host of transfers completed while Monk was manager
They fear Monk's dealings were not protecting the business interests of the club

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 May 2023 16:36

Pepe the Horseman
YorkshireRoyal99

ICYMI - another reason to stay away from Monk.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... -Monk.html

Garry Monk and his agent have been sent legal letters by Middlesbrough
The pair are accused of deceiving the club to the tune of millions of pounds
Boro are investigating a host of transfers completed while Monk was manager
They fear Monk's dealings were not protecting the business interests of the club

Well yeah and that as well. Problems seem to follow him around at clubs, something we could probably do without.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 May 2023 16:42

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Then by rights, you'd say the same about ourselves? Considering he managed to keep Birmingham in the league from a similar-ish position with similar-ish consequences (both deducted points) and at both Birmingham and Wednesday he had a higher win rate than what Ince/Hunt had this season?

And when you say penultimate failure, he left a team with play off capabilities in 22nd place during the early stages of the season, so that's not really success is it?

But again, I always look to see what someone can do for us, rather than what they've done previously.

YR, are spectacularly full of extrement.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 May 2023 09:18

I do hope the club takes Ian's views into account, as clearly it would be folly to go with someone he doesn't rate.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 May 2023 09:46

Royal Rother I do hope the club takes Ian's views into account, as clearly it would be folly to go with someone he doesn't rate.

Pretty good success rate with Paunovic, Gomes and Ince.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2023 11:58

BetVictor today have

Wilder 1/6 on

Williams
Davies
O'Shea all on 8/1

Cowley
Cotterill
Richardson all 12/1

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 May 2023 12:39

Does seem to be renewed interest in Wilder. Something seems to have prompted it

Would have thought they’d had enough time to interview candidates now so hopefully something soon

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 May 2023 12:40

Snowflake Royal
Royal Rother I do hope the club takes Ian's views into account, as clearly it would be folly to go with someone he doesn't rate.

Hardly going against the grain on any of that bunch though were you?

The Gomes one particularly still makes me shudder. Genuine wtf were we thinking?

ReadingGlasses

by ReadingGlasses » 24 May 2023 13:01

Hound The Gomes one particularly still makes me shudder. Genuine wtf were we thinking?

I get how he might have charmed his way through an interview, but what I don't get is why he would have been interviewed in the first place. There's nothing in his record which suggested he'd be a good fit or a success.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 May 2023 13:02

Hound
Snowflake Royal

The Gomes one particularly still makes me shudder. Genuine wtf were we thinking?

Was a hold out on Paunovic for longer than most, but otherwise no.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2023 14:20

Hound
Snowflake Royal

More to the point who the hell is it at the club that thought it was a good idea. Can't see Mr Dai knowing much about Portuguese or American football so was it Kia or is there some numpty in the back of the club somewhere with a drawing pin and/or a random name generator?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 May 2023 14:54

Sutekh
Hound
Snowflake Royal Pretty good success rate with Paunovic, Gomes and Ince.

More to the point who the hell is it at the club that thought it was a good idea. Can't see Mr Dai knowing much about Portuguese or American football so was it Kia or is there some numpty in the back of the club somewhere with a drawing pin and/or a random name generator?

Didn't they claim he was recommended by Pat Dolan?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 May 2023 15:34

ReadingGlasses
Hound The Gomes one particularly still makes me shudder. Genuine wtf were we thinking?

I get how he might have charmed his way through an interview, but what I don't get is why he would have been interviewed in the first place. There's nothing in his record which suggested he'd be a good fit or a success.

Someone must have sold the board an absolute dream. Surely that was a Kia recommendation? Gold painted shit is still shit.

768 posts