The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

538 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

by windermereROYAL » 03 Jun 2023 11:22

Don`t we need to wait until his contract is up at Watford?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jun 2023 11:38

windermereROYAL Don`t we need to wait until his contract is up at Watford?

What contract? They've already employed a new manager.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Jun 2023 15:10

Snowflake Royal
Jackson Corner It’s only 3 weeks to pre season training so they better hurry up!

Why? That's 3 weeks before any serious contact time with players. Contracts don't run out for weeks yet in terms of transfers, and we have Bowen, Carey and co to manage transfers anyway.

Could take another couple of weeks and cause no real problems.

Think he means get a new manager sorted before players report back. Any later than that then the manager has less time to get to know the players before the first game.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 03 Jun 2023 16:14

We’ll likely hear something official early next week. If the blue ticks are saying it’s all agreed, then it’s all agreed. Wilder has been at the training ground four times now, so they’ve obviously done a lot of talking, and now agreeing the back room staff. The lack of patience from football fans in general is always amusing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jun 2023 16:54

PATRIQT We’ll likely hear something official early next week. If the blue ticks are saying it’s all agreed, then it’s all agreed. Wilder has been at the training ground four times now, so they’ve obviously done a lot of talking, and now agreeing the back room staff. The lack of patience from football fans in general is always amusing.

Glad we've got someone who is sitting in on the discussions, we can all rest easy.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 03 Jun 2023 17:39

Sutekh
PATRIQT We’ll likely hear something official early next week. If the blue ticks are saying it’s all agreed, then it’s all agreed. Wilder has been at the training ground four times now, so they’ve obviously done a lot of talking, and now agreeing the back room staff. The lack of patience from football fans in general is always amusing.

Glad we've got someone who is sitting in on the discussions, we can all rest easy.

Yes you can, or you can’t.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Jun 2023 18:46

Seen nothing from anyone serious on twitter saying anything is agreed.

The only person I've seen who's said that is the original poster from around 2 weeks ago who was just a fan claiming to be ITK.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jun 2023 18:59

This will definitely happen and the announcement will be Tuesday at 11 am.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 03 Jun 2023 19:06

The Daily Record say he’ll sign imminently.

Posted yesterday evening:

DanielM_Reports (blue tick)
Breaking: #ReadingFC are now set to appoint Chris Wilder as their new manager. Understand there is a verbal agreement in place between the two parties - with paperwork left, as the last obstacle.

Expected to be finalised soon, but no timestamp has been set on announcement.

He might be chancing it based on other tweets from unofficial sources, but never the less, he’s blue ticked.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Jun 2023 19:22

Mid Sussex Royal

Seen nothing from anyone serious on twitter saying anything is agreed.

The only person I've seen who's said that is the original poster from around 2 weeks ago who was just a fan claiming to be ITK.

Yeah, but they have a blue tick. Not like you can just pay for those or anything.

Won't believe it until it's on the clubs twitter page and website.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jun 2023 12:38

Hate all this waiting while sort of knowing as it'll only get depressing if it all goes lady parts upright. Can be difficult with managers though as sometimes it's not just the manager himself but also who he wants to bring in as an assistant or as coaches and all the negotiations and paperwork that involves.

By the way does Chris tend to always work with the same set of staff or just accept whoever is at a club already - who was with him at Sheffield?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 04 Jun 2023 13:15

Sutekh By the way does Chris tend to always work with the same set of staff or just accept whoever is at a club already - who was with him at Sheffield?

https://www.watfordfc.com/news/news-kni ... ders-staff

Watford FC is pleased to announce that Alan Knill, Matt Prestridge and Mike Allen have joined the club as part of new Head Coach Chris Wilder’s backroom team.

We wish Chris, Alan Knill, Matt Prestridge and Mike Allen all the very best for their next opportunity in football.

They were with him at Boro too:

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/f ... ro-3453970

Alongside Wilder's trusted assistant Alan Knill, former Blades first-team coach and head of sports science Matt Prestridge - an influential figure in the club's rise under Wilder - has linked up with the 54-year-old again.

Video analyst Mike Allen, also part of the backroom staff under Wilder at Bramall Lane - also joins forces with the Sheffielder again

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 04 Jun 2023 13:44

I didnt know Alan Knill was born in Slough… I remember him as a player for mainly lower league northern teams (apart from a spell at Swansea) and had just assumed he is a northerner.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jun 2023 15:05

Mr Optimist I didnt know Alan Knill was born in Slough… I remember him as a player for mainly lower league northern teams (apart from a spell at Swansea) and had just assumed he is a northerner.

Alan Knill, I remember watching him play for Swansea back in the late 80s thinking his name would be a good fit for Reading at the time. He was a defender I think. Wasn't he working in the Wales set up recently, seem to recall seeing his name when looking some stuff about Chris Gunter up.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 04 Jun 2023 17:11

Sutekh
Mr Optimist I didnt know Alan Knill was born in Slough… I remember him as a player for mainly lower league northern teams (apart from a spell at Swansea) and had just assumed he is a northerner.

Alan Knill, I remember watching him play for Swansea back in the late 80s thinking his name would be a good fit for Reading at the time. He was a defender I think. Wasn't he working in the Wales set up recently, seem to recall seeing his name when looking some stuff about Chris Gunter up.

Yeah he was a centre back I think so presumably is more of a defence minded coach which wouldn’t be a bad thing for us! He has definitely been on the Wales bench recently too as you say, not sure when this started, presumably in the recent Rob Page era.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jun 2023 17:56

Knill was actually the one who came up with the overlapping centre backs thing I think

Do remember watching him play

YoungRon

by YoungRon » 05 Jun 2023 06:40

Yes, football fans are a very impatient people. We need goals, preferably in the 1st minute of the match! And if we don't have them, we get frustrated :D

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Jun 2023 09:42

Moved to unfounded rumor's and gossip as nobody has offered any concrete evidence that he will take the job and he isn't part of The Team.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jun 2023 10:59

I think that’s the first bit of moderation I’ve seen on the website in actual years

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 05 Jun 2023 11:34

Give them another 6 months and they might start banning the racists. . . .

538 posts