19%
All just rumours, no signins will be made
44%

Total votes: 108
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

When

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Jan 2007 12:48

OK so we're 10 days into the window and so far no new arrivals, just loads of the usual agent spiel.

If we're going to sign anyone, when do you think it'll happen. I reckon at least another week to something happens, failing that nothing will!

G'La

by G'La » 10 Jan 2007 12:50

Impatient f*ck-wit!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jan 2007 13:01

We will sign somebody when the right player is available, a bid has been accepted, personal terms agreed and medical passed. Not a second before.

G'La

by G'La » 10 Jan 2007 15:17

Stranded We will sign somebody when the right player is available, a bid has been accepted, personal terms agreed and medical passed. Not a second before.

Cheers Sir Steve! :wink:

UTDSTEVE

by UTDSTEVE » 12 Jan 2007 11:25

Guys before anyone jumps down my throat this is not a dig at your club or chairman and im not looking for an argument........................

When season ticket prices were released didn't JM say the increase would be used to strengthen the squad etc etc. If so, and no signings are made do any of you feel peed off about it? Yes Reading are having a brilliant season so far but do you not wonder what may have been if some of the extra money was invested in new players as promised at the start of the season?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Jan 2007 11:26

UTDSTEVE Guys before anyone jumps down my throat this is not a dig at your club or chairman and im not looking for an argument........................

When season ticket prices were released didn't JM say the increase would be used to strengthen the squad etc etc. If so, and no signings are made do any of you feel peed off about it? Yes Reading are having a brilliant season so far but do you not wonder what may have been if some of the extra money was invested in new players as promised at the start of the season?

He didn't say the increased prices were to strengthen the squad, he said they had increased due to the increased wage bill.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Jan 2007 11:27

UTDSTEVE Guys before anyone jumps down my throat this is not a dig at your club or chairman and im not looking for an argument........................

Yes but you answered your own question. We are doing really well so I suppose the thought is 'why upset the apple cart?' We are a little bit short in a few areas, and if we can't get them in the window then it'll be the summer. It has to be done though because next season WILL be tougher.

oh and 'Guys before anyone jumps down my throat ' We don't do that here, that's Brighton your thinking of ;)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jan 2007 11:28

In answer to your question: I'd be more peeved if we spent £10m in the summer, unsettled the squad and we'd had a relegation scrap on our hands.

Of course I'd like to see us spend some money but only if it's on the right players and not just for the sake of it.

UTDSTEVE

by UTDSTEVE » 12 Jan 2007 11:28

Big Ern

He didn't say the increased prices were to strengthen the squad, he said they had increased due to the increased wage bill.

Ok well i guess thats fair enough then.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Jan 2007 12:27

Big Ern

The actual (weasel) words were:

"We have all waited a lifetime for the moment to finally see
Premiership football in Reading. We believe that we have been
responsible in setting prices at a fair level for Premiership
football, which will allow the Club to compete in the top flight.

Having finally reached the Premiership, we are now
determined to stay there. We are ambitious to continue to
grow and develop as a Club, and naturally this will require
significant investment.

During the summer months we will spend money on the
squad to give us the best possible chance of succeeding
in the Premiership. There will also be serious investment to
improve other areas of the Club, such as the training ground
and the Academy."

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Jan 2007 11:37

Platypuss
Big Ern

The actual (weasel) words were:

"We have all waited a lifetime for the moment to finally see
Premiership football in Reading. We believe that we have been
responsible in setting prices at a fair level for Premiership
football, which will allow the Club to compete in the top flight.

Having finally reached the Premiership, we are now
determined to stay there. We are ambitious to continue to
grow and develop as a Club, and naturally this will require
significant investment.

During the summer months we will spend money on the
squad to give us the best possible chance of succeeding
in the Premiership. There will also be serious investment to
improve other areas of the Club, such as the training ground
and the Academy."

just says spending money on th esquad, which obviously -with hindsight-meant the current squad

oh well, i should have read between the lines and not been taken in by the spin

can i change my vote to no signings at all

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 15 Jan 2007 12:30

No signings seems like it is going to be the winner..

Even tho we have lost one of the best strikers in the Premiership Coppell has come out saying that he is not looking for a new striker.

Whilst I agree that Kits is coming back it will be 2 weeks before he does so. Whilst Long and Lita are good I cant see them making a decent partnership.

As for Seol dont make me laugh he just seems to be there for the ride. He needs a Rocket up him .

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 15 Jan 2007 13:48

bigmike No signings seems like it is going to be the winner..

Even tho we have lost one of the best strikers in the Premiership Coppell has come out saying that he is not looking for a new striker.

Whilst I agree that Kits is coming back it will be 2 weeks before he does so. Whilst Long and Lita are good I cant see them making a decent partnership.

As for Seol dont make me laugh he just seems to be there for the ride. He needs a Rocket up him .

Didn't you just say this in another thread?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 15 Jan 2007 14:56

bigmike No signings seems like it is going to be the winner..

Jesus, it's only halfway through January and you're already giving up. :roll:

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 15 Jan 2007 15:08

I think he meant the winner of the poll will be no signings, not that that was his opinion...

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

Re: When

by Wizard » 15 Jul 2010 16:33

3 1/2 years on :|

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: When

by Ferris » 15 Jul 2010 16:34

Wizard 3 1/2 years on :|

Well, it's about time then.

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1