RUMOUR - Lita & Shorey on the way out

702 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Lita & Shorey on the way out

by Franchise FC » 04 Jul 2007 11:35

SpaceCruiser
Scarface A friend of mine was chatting with one of our goal keepers at the weekend and apparently the players think both Lita and Shorey will leave the club this summer.

Just a rumour, but it did come from a player.

No, it came from your mate.

And anyway, do players necessarily know everything that's happening at the club?

Spot on - half the time the players don't even know what's going on with their own contracts, let alone signings.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 04 Jul 2007 11:39

Fair enough, I won't bother in the future. We should pay more attention to cvnts like Spacecruiser who are always spot on with their predictions.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 04 Jul 2007 11:43

"My mate reckons Shorey and Lita will be sold."

Good rumour.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Jul 2007 11:44

I don't see the problem here, the rumour was posted and included it's "source". If you think it is a load of bollocks then fine...............

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 04 Jul 2007 11:47

Scarface Fair enough, I won't bother in the future. We should pay more attention to cvnts like Spacecruiser who are always spot on with their predictions.

Did I make a prediction? :roll:

I gave a reason why I believe your "rumour" is bullshit, I didn't think there was anything wrong saying that. Others have said just as much.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 04 Jul 2007 11:49

Just look through as many pages as poss and find how many rumours actually come through as fact.

None.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jul 2007 11:51

No Hoops Just look through as many pages as poss and find how many rumours actually come through as fact.

None.

Tis slightly more than that.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 04 Jul 2007 11:54

No Hoops Just look through as many pages as poss and find how many rumours actually come through as fact.

None.

:|

When they become facts they aren't rumours any more and get moved to The Team...

Dur.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Jul 2007 12:03

Stranded

None.

That's a bit like saying that the average number of legs per human being is less than two !!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jul 2007 12:13

Franchise FC
Stranded

None.

That's a bit like saying that the average number of legs per human being is less than two !!

but that is true

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Jul 2007 12:23

brendywendy
Franchise FC
Stranded

None.

but that is true

Exactly :roll:

My point is that the average number of legs is a number less than two, but incredibly close to two. This would suggest that the number of rumours that come true is more than zero, but incredibly close to zero !!

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 04 Jul 2007 12:27

Scarface Fair enough, I won't bother in the future. We should pay more attention to cvnts like Spacecruiser who are always spot on with their predictions.

Scarface,
Don't give up on posting just because a few nonentities come steaming in with abuse.
Remember just before Halford left and some of the regular posters described the news as absurd.
When do these people ever come up with anything of note?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jul 2007 12:53

BR2

Scarface,
Don't give up on posting just because a few nonentities come steaming in with abuse.
Remember just before Halford left and some of the regular posters described the news as absurd.

holding my hands up:i think i may have said the word absurd.....

it sounded absurd though,
not a very reading kind of deal

it just happened is all.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 04 Jul 2007 13:29

BR2

Scarface,

Hang on! What "abuse" did I dish out to Scarface? He gets a bit upset when people tell him that they don't believe him and says he will stop posting. Well, boo hoo!

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 04 Jul 2007 13:43

Scarface A friend of mine was chatting with one of our goal keepers at the weekend and apparently the players think both Lita and Shorey will leave the club this summer.

Absolute bollox! Totally goes against the grain of what the club is trying to achieve. The club would hardly announce to make plans for a 38000 stadium to be built (which they assume they hope they will fill) by getting rid of their best young contracted players. Absolute garbage rumour

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Jul 2007 13:48

Tilehurst Mike

Absolute bollox! Totally goes against the grain of what the club is trying to achieve. The club would hardly announce to make plans for a 38000 stadium to be built (which they assume they hope they will fill) by getting rid of their best young contracted players. Absolute garbage rumour

Are you quoting what you said when the Halford rumour surfaced?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Jul 2007 13:48

Tilehurst Mike

Where did the "rumour" say that the club wanted to get rid of the players? It merely said that it was the opinion of some of the players that Shorey and Lita will leave this summer. There is a big difference.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Jul 2007 13:49

SpaceCruiser Hang on! What "abuse" did I dish out to Scarface? He gets a bit upset when people tell him that they don't believe him and says he will stop posting. Well, boo hoo!

Come on Spacey, you and a lot of other posters always rabbit on about 'sources' and a rumour being rubbish blah blah blah. You can have an opinion on the rumour by all means, but don't belittle the post, just take it at face value, make your own judgement on whether you think it's right or not and move on. There's no need to discourage these posts, especially in instances like this where Scarface has said exactly where the rumour has come from.

This is the kind of thing that Victor Meldew was on about. A little insider information that might be true, it might not be. Even if it turns out to be rubbish, it's probably an honest opinion from someone thats within the club. They might've misjudged the situation but then again they might actually all be right.

Keep these titbits coming people.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 04 Jul 2007 13:56

Well the forum is called Unfounded Rumours or Gossip so if it was any more factual than that it shouldn't be here!

I've no problem with the story and can't believe it will happen, but we all learned with the Halford saga that anything is possible.

On the subject of Lita, quite a few people have got short memories. I recall a number of posts shouting for him to be kicked out of the club around Christmas time. Well 6 months later the club could get, say, £5m for him, so that's not a bad turn-around.

Even so, I don't want to sell any of our key players, and Lita is now one of them.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 04 Jul 2007 15:20

BR2

Scarface,

I won't. You've only got to read all the other threads to see that SpaceCruiser's comments should mostly be ignored.

This post has been reported and moderated by Forbury Lion, Use of the phrase Spastic Cruiser isn't big and it isn't clever.

702 posts