RUMOUR - Lita & Shorey on the way out

702 posts
Melbguy

by Melbguy » 16 Aug 2007 13:32

They are saying Reading have agreed a price. I'm sure if it's true that JM wouldn't let us get away with it and it's above board.

I believe the guy who knows him but to be honest I'd be surprised if it happened as too many variables.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 16 Aug 2007 13:46

Very hard to see why we'd 'agree a price' and then add the caveat on...

If it happens I'll admit you were right, but it sounds as unlikley as you picking up a couple of world class Argentinians for nothing and not stopping to think that it stunk like a 4 week old haddock !

We're under no pressure to sell Shorey - we've got plenty of money in the bank, he's got 2 years of his contract, he's expressed no desire to leave and we have no ready made replacement.

The next 6 days will tell, but I can;t see a move happening.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 16 Aug 2007 14:17

Royalee
M Brook Most uncharacteristically, Shorey had a mare last night :(

I thought that actually - at fault for both goals and he struggled against them all night. I can't remember him winning a tackle. I suppose it was always going to be tough for him after chasing down their players on Saturday though.

Harsh!

At fault for the second possibly as tried to tackle Kalu with his wrong foot twice and let him lay the ball off but why was Drogba in so much space?

As for the first he was the final cover, did very well to even get close but fat frank poked it past him, by the same token USA was as fault as although he came out fat frank poked it under him :roll: The problem was no one tracked fat frank and our centre halves missed two headers letting them flick the ball on twice - Bikey was caught very flat footed for the first of these

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 16 Aug 2007 15:19

Archies Volley
Royalee

I thought that actually - at fault for both goals and he struggled against them all night. I can't remember him winning a tackle. I suppose it was always going to be tough for him after chasing down their players on Saturday though.

Harsh!

At fault for the second possibly as tried to tackle Kalu with his wrong foot twice and let him lay the ball off but why was Drogba in so much space?

As for the first he was the final cover, did very well to even get close but fat frank poked it past him, by the same token USA was as fault as although he came out fat frank poked it under him :roll: The problem was no one tracked fat frank and our centre halves missed two headers letting them flick the ball on twice - Bikey was caught very flat footed for the first of these

First goal - Cisse didn't track Lampard hence Murty having a pop at him after it went in. Thought Shorey could've blocked Lampard's run however.

Second goal - Shorey needed to be much stronger in the challenge.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 16 Aug 2007 16:45

mini _dariusz
Archies Volley
Royalee

Harsh!

First goal - Cisse didn't track Lampard hence Murty having a pop at him after it went in. Thought Shorey could've blocked Lampard's run however.

Second goal - Shorey needed to be much stronger in the challenge.

he could have blocked fat franks run but would have given away as pen and been sent off as the ball had already been knocked past him! very little could Cisse and Bikey at fault (if we have to start blaming people!)

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 17 Aug 2007 01:05

Behindu Very hard to see why we'd 'agree a price' and then add the caveat on...

If it happens I'll admit you were right, but it sounds as unlikley as you picking up a couple of world class Argentinians for nothing and not stopping to think that it stunk like a 4 week old haddock !

We're under no pressure to sell Shorey - we've got plenty of money in the bank, he's got 2 years of his contract, he's expressed no desire to leave and we have no ready made replacement.

The next 6 days will tell, but I can;t see a move happening.

The Independent is claiming we've made a bid

West Ham remain interested in Derby's Giles Barnes but are not prepared to meet the Rams' valuation, while bids have been lodged for Barcelona's Eidur Gudjohnsen, with an agreed fee of £6.8m, and Reading full-back Nicky Shorey. Curbishley is hoping to sign a striker and left-back before the transfer window closes.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Aug 2007 01:07

Behindu If it happens I'll admit you were right
Noble! :lol:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 17 Aug 2007 04:27

retro royal I thought Shorey didn't look up for it, and this could be the last time we see him in a Reading shirt

simpleton

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Aug 2007 07:51

Melbguy

Which they have done a number of times over the summer, none of which have been correct !
It doesn't mention when the alleged bid was made and in contrast to the other one it doesn;t say it has been accepted, which is waht you had previoulsy stated....

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 17 Aug 2007 09:04

Behindu
Melbguy

Which they have done a number of times over the summer, none of which have been correct !
It doesn't mention when the alleged bid was made and in contrast to the other one it doesn;t say it has been accepted, which is waht you had previoulsy stated....

Not saying that there was anything in it, just posting it.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Aug 2007 10:52

Melbguy
Behindu
Melbguy

From the total lack of detail it smacks very much of the 'we printed this story ages ago and nothing's happened so we'll just mention it again to fill the last paragraph'

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 17 Aug 2007 12:58

Behindu
Melbguy
Behindu
Melbguy

From the total lack of detail it smacks very much of the 'we printed this story ages ago and nothing's happened so we'll just mention it again to fill the last paragraph'

It was mentioned in the middle of the piece, which also put Sidwell forward for the England midfield.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Aug 2007 14:13

Row Z Royal It was mentioned in the middle of the piece, which also put Sidwell forward for the England midfield.

You must have a different edition to me then.
The Engalnd article mentions Sidwell and the factthat Shorey graduated from the B sqaud to the first team and is on page 59. The Article discussing all the players West Ham are trying to sign is on page 61 and Shorey is mentioned 3 lines from the end.

warrpp

by warrpp » 17 Aug 2007 18:50

don't know if its been mentioned elsewhere

listening to 210 this afternoon and they said that one of our players could be on the way out in the next week

i didnt believe it (knowing 210's reutation with rumours like this ) but later on this afternoon they had an interview with coppell where he said something along the lines of " there could be a player leaving but we've not spoken to the player concerned yet"

sounds to me like they've had an offer they'd accept and are just about to put it to the player that they've accepted it and he's fre to talk to the club concerned (much like the halford situation)

as far as i can see, its ot to be shorey, and even before melbguy posted on here, i would have said it was west ham........ie... need a left back, have go money to spend, more "glamourous" club than us etc.

so if we have accepted a bid, how nuch does everyone think its likely to be for ?

i'd b disappointed with anything less than the £5 million baines went to everton for, because shoreys a full international (even though it is just 1 cap so far),and he's roughly the same age as baines.

if shorey does go, coppell's either got a lot of confidence in golbourne, or he already had someone in mind, if an acceptable offer did come in for shorey ?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Aug 2007 18:57

I think Shorey's quite a bit older than Baines. 26 to 22, maybe?

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 17 Aug 2007 19:00

My money is on Seol.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Aug 2007 19:04

Surely Coppell's comment rules out Shorey !

Given his contract talks and West Ham's protracted attempts to unsettle him saying the player isn;t yet aware would be ludicrous (not to mention our lack of cover at left back no lack of a need to sell Shorey !).

Much more likley to be a peripheral player such as Sodje, Halls or even Seol.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Aug 2007 19:08

The rumour going round is that West Ham have tabled a bid for Shorey.

I really hope that we would not accept any bid (however large) for Shorey - that would be a sign of going backwards as far as I am concerned. He is contracted for two more years so no need to sell him for at least 12 months (if he will not sign a new contract).

I also think it is unlikely to be Seol unless Sit Steve has another right winger already on his way in.

Most likely it will be Sodje who leaves next week.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Aug 2007 19:09

Let's see who is left out of the side to play Everton on Saturday then.

If Shorey dramatically is not in contention then its him.

If Seol is not in the squad then it could be him. But Seol has been so poor lately that he wouldn't be in the squad on merit.

If both Seol and Shorey are selected against Everton then its probably Sodje thats on his way!
Last edited by Top Flight on 17 Aug 2007 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 17 Aug 2007 19:09

andrew1957 The rumour going round is that West Ham have tabled a bid for Shorey.

That rumour has been circulating for weeks !

702 posts