SPECULATION - Is Matthew Taylor available?

415 posts
Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 16 Jan 2008 12:35

Pompey should be signing Diarra shortly (IRATBB). Could this potentially open the door for Taylor to move on??

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 16 Jan 2008 12:55

Cavaman I heard today from a 'source close to the club' that Matthew Taylor has indeed already had a medical for the Royals last Tuesday. The salary offer is thought to be in the region of £30,000 pw.

Doesn't guarantee his imminent arrival, I know, but for me, signals intention and I look forward to confirmation towards the end of the month!

I hope you're right sir!

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 16 Jan 2008 12:57

Friday's Child Pompey should be signing Diarra shortly (IRATBB). Could this potentially open the door for Taylor to move on??

And the chance for Nicky Shurey to take his rightful place in centre midfield :shock:

Fezza

by Fezza » 16 Jan 2008 12:59

Tilehurst End
Friday's Child Pompey should be signing Diarra shortly (IRATBB). Could this potentially open the door for Taylor to move on??

And the chance for Nicky Shurey to take his rightful place in centre midfield :shock:

That 2 year medical at West Ham must nearly be over!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 16 Jan 2008 15:01

Fezza
Tilehurst End

That 2 year medical at West Ham must nearly be over!

They've been told not to trust medicals of players from Reading by Roy Keane and are undergoing another 6 month blood test.

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 16 Jan 2008 16:50

Any update from you Slinky?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 Jan 2008 18:26

I doubt it would effect Taylor.

However it knocks Sean Davies even further down the rankings for a central midfield place. A place that's waiting for a player like him in our side.

We don't need Taylor and certainly shouldn't be considering him as a centre mid. But then this is the manager who signed Rosenior to play right wing so you never know!!

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 16 Jan 2008 19:21

Amongst the sheep Any update from you Slinky?

Nothing yet - my mate is ill at the moment and ignoring all my messages. I've asked him to check out the deal with a possible medical having already taken place.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 16 Jan 2008 19:28

Slinky

Nothing yet - my mate is ill at the moment and ignoring all my messages. I've asked him to check out the deal with a possible medical having already taken place.

Ignoring all your messages?

Slinky's mate "Crap, another text from Slinky about that stupid rumour I started about Matty Taylor signing for them. It was only a joke, I just wish he'd get over it all ready. I'll just ignore him then."

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 16 Jan 2008 19:59

However it knocks Sean Davies even further down the rankings for a central midfield place. A place that's waiting for a player like him in our side.

We don't need Taylor and certainly shouldn't be considering him as a centre mid. But then this is the manager who signed Rosenior to play right wing so you never know!!

I like Sean Davis and "I would love it" if we signed him, but he's not really the box to box player you keep refering to him as.

He's always seemed a bit more defensively minded to me, in comparison to a Sidwell that is, but I think he's be an excellent signing, along with Taylor.

I hate Portsmouth but I'm bizarrly keen on the idea of getting Ashdown, Taylor, Davis and O'Neil to come to Reading. :shock: :?

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 Jan 2008 20:04

Southbank Old Boy

I like Sean Davis and "I would love it" if we signed him, but he's not really the box to box player you keep refering to him as.

He's always seemed a bit more defensively minded to me, in comparison to a Sidwell that is, but I think he's be an excellent signing, along with Taylor.

I hate Portsmouth but I'm bizarrly keen on the idea of getting Ashdown, Taylor, Davis and O'Neil to come to Reading. :shock: :?

Well they'd been great signings. Really would love Ashdown back, it was unfortunate how he left, he should be our 1st choice keepers now. Not that Marcus hasn't done well since he left.

I thought Davies liked to get forward, but I am thinking back to his days at Fulham to be honest so it's a bit hazy.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 16 Jan 2008 20:13

Rawlie19
Slinky

Slinky's mate "Crap, another text from Slinky about that stupid rumour I started about Matty Taylor signing for them. It was only a joke, I just wish he'd get over it all ready. I'll just ignore him then."

you'll see

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 16 Jan 2008 21:04

Slinky
Rawlie19
Slinky

you'll see

I'm yanking your slinky. I'm rooting for you pal.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Jan 2008 08:15

Slinky
Rawlie19
Slinky

you'll see

Maybe Mattie Taylor got pissed off with your mate for putting rumours about that he'd be joining a small team like us?

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 17 Jan 2008 08:22

Oh dear oh dear oh dear - it now seems that MT has not had a medical with us, but is still holding out for Coppell to make the move.

HOWEVER because he has been told he's not wanted by Redknapp he's considering the only alternative club who have made a concrete offer for him and that is Bolton. Once again he has said he doesn't particularly want to move up north but if that's his only option then he feels he'll take it rather than rot in the reserves!

Shame, shame, shame!

FinchOwl

by FinchOwl » 17 Jan 2008 08:39

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe We don't need Taylor and certainly shouldn't be considering him as a centre mid. But then this is the manager who signed Rosenior to play right wing so you never know!!

Given Convey's lack of form, Shorey's lack of form and pace, and no reliable natural left back as cover as it seems Golbourne has fallen down the pecking order, i would say we are in desperate need of Matt Taylor. Add to that he's an experienced and proven Premiership player, then its quite obvious he would be a top quality signing for us. Would also give us more goal power from midfield and set pieces.

We should be doing all we can to sign this guy, alas, i fear we will let this slip by like we did with G O'Neill, who would have been another excellent purchase given our problems in midfield this season

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 17 Jan 2008 08:48

i think i'm setting myself up for a fall by keep posting updates and keeping you all up to speed on the situation! :wink:

1871royals

by 1871royals » 17 Jan 2008 08:49

I cant see taylor coming here. LB - Shorey looks like hes staying and he wont be dropped, imo understandbly so. People are moaning about his pace its not like hes got slower hes just slightly out of form. LW - Hunt and Convey. If we signed Taylor we probably couldnt give him first team football. Taylor is a quality player but we dont need someone in his position. I would rather we spent money on a cm. Also I think Taylor is not good enough defensively so he would be a LW which is one of our strongest positions.

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 17 Jan 2008 08:51

Slinky Oh dear oh dear oh dear - it now seems that MT has not had a medical with us, but is still holding out for Coppell to make the move.

HOWEVER because he has been told he's not wanted by Redknapp he's considering the only alternative club who have made a concrete offer for him and that is Bolton. Once again he has said he doesn't particularly want to move up north but if that's his only option then he feels he'll take it rather than rot in the reserves!

Shame, shame, shame!

Oh dear it appears it was not what we had all been lead to believe after all, a decent player we had heard of signing for us.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Jan 2008 10:37

Yeah we have higher priorities than another left sided player BUT this is an opportunity to bring in a player good enough to improve our side. On top of that it sounds like he would actually like to come to Reading.

I'm hoping this can still happen, but it can only happen if it doen't prevent us from addressing the more important holes we have to fill.

415 posts