RUMOURS - Mifsud - Watson

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOURS - Mifsud - Watson

by tomrfcurz » 06 Jan 2008 18:57

Norfolk Royal Sunday People has us paying £5-million for Mifsud from Coventry while shipping out Lita for £3-million.

News of the World has us paying £1-million for Ben Watson from Crystal Palace.

Both sound plausible, gettable, and good dealing.

i very doubt we would sign watson for £1mil after warnock stated after the game against watford that 'if watson was to leave i would need an offer in excess of £1.5mil'

SORRY GUYS

As for mifsud he could be a great signing but £5mil is a BIT much :(

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 06 Jan 2008 19:04

if we were able to flog lita for 3mil and get mifsud in for a similair figure, could be worth it... Though I would find it hard to see us spending more than 4million on a striker (a strength area) and cutting too far into our mighty £10m warchest (which will probably be intact at the end of Jan!!).

Watson is another midfield gamble, but if we can get him at the right price, could be worth the risk?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Jan 2008 20:51

royaldownunder if we were able to flog lita for 3mil and get mifsud in for a similair figure, could be worth it... Though I would find it hard to see us spending more than 4million on a striker (a strength area) and cutting too far into our mighty £10m warchest (which will probably be intact at the end of Jan!!).

Watson is another midfield gamble, but if we can get him at the right price, could be worth the risk?

I can say categorically that there is no £10million warchest - MrMad would pay out more than £10million if he thought it was in the club's interests.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 06 Jan 2008 21:44

Royalwaster
royaldownunder if we were able to flog lita for 3mil and get mifsud in for a similair figure, could be worth it... Though I would find it hard to see us spending more than 4million on a striker (a strength area) and cutting too far into our mighty £10m warchest (which will probably be intact at the end of Jan!!).

I can say categorically that there is no £10million warchest - MrMad would pay out more than £10million if he thought it was in the club's interests.

And £10m is f**k all bearing in mind we need about 4 players with it.

Penny pinching will cost us!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 06 Jan 2008 21:50

Coppelled Streets
Royalwaster

...and spending £2.5m on players has really worked out for us so far, of course.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 06 Jan 2008 21:59

Row Z Royal
Coppelled Streets
Royalwaster

...and spending £2.5m on players has really worked out for us so far, of course.

It's a fair point, but we hear all the time about our ambition and the money to match it and it's all a load of crap.

We're a small club thinking small.

How much longer can we get away with it at this level? Not long!

I'm just fed up with hearing it all the time, it's rubbish.

The budgets wont get increased here until we get bigger crowds and the expansion is on hold, so if we stay up this season we already need a summer of miracle signings to take us forward.

What is it we need or think we need?

Goal Keeper
Right Back?
Left Back
Centre Back
Central Midfielder
Right Winger (2?)
Striker - If we lose Lita, Doyle or Kits by the summer.

All on our budget!!

These are great times for Reading Football Club and it's supporters, but these times will just be happy memories if we don't push on, and with the peanuts we have and the lowly wage budget, I don't think we can hold out much longer.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Jan 2008 22:09

And spending £35m on players has really worked out for Sunderland of course?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 06 Jan 2008 22:26

Royal Rother And spending £35m on players has really worked out for Sunderland of course?

They are owned by Irishmen! :wink:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 Jan 2008 23:15

Royal Rother And spending £35m on players has really worked out for Sunderland of course?

It will have if they stay up.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 07 Jan 2008 06:29

Coppelled Streets
Row Z Royal
Coppelled Streets
Royalwaster

It's a fair point, but we hear all the time about our ambition and the money to match it and it's all a load of crap.

We're a small club thinking small.

How much longer can we get away with it at this level? Not long!

I'm just fed up with hearing it all the time, it's rubbish.

The budgets wont get increased here until we get bigger crowds and the expansion is on hold, so if we stay up this season we already need a summer of miracle signings to take us forward.

What is it we need or think we need?

Goal Keeper
Right Back?
Left Back
Centre Back
Central Midfielder
Right Winger (2?)
Striker - If we lose Lita, Doyle or Kits by the summer.

All on our budget!!

These are great times for Reading Football Club and it's supporters, but these times will just be happy memories if we don't push on, and with the peanuts we have and the lowly wage budget, I don't think we can hold out much longer.

All about finding the right mix, since sidders left there's clearly been a gaping hole in midfield, we could spend 30m on one player, or get another on a free who plays better with the team, half is luck, half spotting the right player. So far our luck has been shite, hopefully we'll do better this time round.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Jan 2008 08:15

id say we used all our luck with doyle...signings like that just dont happen

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Jan 2008 08:53

We'll never know how bad they could've been without spending all that money though will we?

Imagine how many tonkings that'd have got without the decent performances Gordon has shown in goal, or how few goals they'd have scored without Jones being as big a handful as he's been....

That's almost half their spending, and I think they've been a bit unfortunate not to have had Keiron Richardson and Carlos Edwards fit for basically the whole season so far.

Actually, looking back at Keane's signings I don't think their so bad, Halford excluded of course!

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 08 Jan 2008 20:41

and tribalfootball.com also tells of us buying misfud but for £3million but hammond said NO STRIKERS