Udo Nwoko, SSN state he will be signing

293 posts
West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 16 Jan 2008 13:13

In the You Tube clip a lot of his decent stuff comes from the right wing. Perhaps he is our knight in shining armour??????? Ok perhaps not...!!!

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 16 Jan 2008 13:13

Norfolk Royal
Rawlie19

Check out the goal at the 1 minute mark :shock: I'll have some of that thank you!

Oh my God, we've got the new Pele! Tbf he does look sensational.

Is it Nwoko scoring all those goals?

Yes it is, although to put some perspective on it that is the Maltese league, and most those defenders would struggle to get a game in North Berks Division 4. He certainly looks quick though which is a good sign given the cronic lack of pace/urgency the team has been suffering from lately.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Jan 2008 13:20

Hahnemann's Hairdresser
Norfolk Royal
Rawlie19

Check out the goal at the 1 minute mark :shock: I'll have some of that thank you!

Yes it is, although to put some perspective on it that is the Maltese league, and most those defenders would struggle to get a game in North Berks Division 4. He certainly looks quick though which is a good sign given the cronic lack of pace/urgency the team has been suffering from lately.

He looks exactly what we need from those clips. I can't understand why everyone is moaning.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 16 Jan 2008 13:21

28/12/2007

Reading boss Steve Coppell is set to make his first deal of the January transfer window by signing Nigerian striker Udo Nwoko.

Nwoko, 23, has agreed to join the Royals after undergoing a medical and Coppell (left) is close to agreeing a £1.25million fee with Portuguese club Leixoes.

[quote="Rawlie19"][quote="Elm PArk"]Reading are on the verge of completing the signing of Udo Nwoko after the midfielder underwent a medical at the Madejski Stadium.

The Royals are said to be close to agreeing a deal - believed to be in the region of £550,000 plus added incentives - for the Malta international who currently plays for Portuguese club Leixoes.

And half price in the January Sales!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Jan 2008 13:25

There seems to be a view on here that unless a player costs 5 million plus he is no good. On the face of it the purchase of Doyle at £78K was not impressive and he is now worth a small fortune.

Lets give this guy a chance before writing him off. He may be another huge success.

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 16 Jan 2008 13:28

Norfolk Royal
Hahnemann's Hairdresser
Norfolk Royal
Rawlie19

He looks exactly what we need from those clips. I can't understand why everyone is moaning.

Indeed, he'll add some much needed cover on the right if nothing else. The most promising parts of the you tube clips have to be when he is playing against Greece. Travelling with the ball 20 yards, putting the ball into the channel then darts into the space created by the strikers movement, which is exactly the same method to how James Haper scored his goals against 'Pool and Villa. This to me is encouraging as it would probably help with the whole adapting to our style problem.

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 16 Jan 2008 13:31

WIHLOFM???

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jan 2008 13:32

West Stand Flash http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_3052505,00.html

Big signing

They were wrong when they ran the story in December - what makes anyone think they will be right this time?

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 16 Jan 2008 13:33

I suppose the question to the management team is 'When do I put him in my fantasy football team'? Because Ive got Convey at the moment and I dont want to take him out if this new fella wont be getting a game.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jan 2008 13:36

It's hard to get excited by this news, but I'll wait and see what he's like before making any judgements on him as a player.

Two points that cause a eyebrow or two to be raised though. Firstly, £1.25 million is a lot to pay for someone playing at that standard of football, and secondly, what happened to the idea that we'd not be signing players from abroad because of the added dificulties they have coming to English football.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jan 2008 13:37

RoyalBlue
West Stand Flash http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_3052505,00.html

Big signing

They were wrong when they ran the story in December - what makes anyone think they will be right this time?

They're stating he's been having a medical this time - still no guarantee I admit but more than last time.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 16 Jan 2008 13:39

Good signing should make the reserves even stronger !!!!!!!!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 16 Jan 2008 13:41

Hoop Blah It's hard to get excited by this news, but I'll wait and see what he's like before making any judgements on him as a player.

Two points that cause a eyebrow or two to be raised though. Firstly, £1.25 million is a lot to pay for someone playing at that standard of football, and secondly, what happened to the idea that we'd not be signing players from abroad because of the added dificulties they have coming to English football.

I think it may well come down to just making the best out of a bad bunch available to us. Everyone in the Premiership outside the top four seems to be struggling to find players that will come to them at the moment

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 16 Jan 2008 13:44

I'd rather we spent less

compare
Doyle 78K
Hunt Free
Kitson £300K
Long Free

with
Fae - 2.5 million (to be fair not given much of a chance so far)
Seol - £1.5 Million
Halford - £2.25 Million

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Jan 2008 13:47

Huntley & Palmer
Hoop Blah It's hard to get excited by this news, but I'll wait and see what he's like before making any judgements on him as a player.

I think it may well come down to just making the best out of a bad bunch available to us. Everyone in the Premiership outside the top four seems to be struggling to find players that will come to them at the moment

That could be it, although aren't we always told that the club won't sign players if they aren't the right ones?

Personally I think we now have to start to get players in even if they aren't the perfect fit. If these players are the best we can do then fair enough...I'm not totally convinced they are though.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Jan 2008 13:47

Looks amazing in the video - ball stuck to his feet and he's really strong.

Will ask my Portuguese mate what he thinks of him...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 16 Jan 2008 13:50

Hoop Blah
Huntley & Palmer

That could be it, although aren't we always told that the club won't sign players if they aren't the right ones?

Personally I think we now have to start to get players in even if they aren't the perfect fit. If these players are the best we can do then fair enough...I'm not totally convinced they are though.

I agree, I'd rather someone play in their natural position than one of our current squad having to adapt to a position that perhaps isn't going to mean they can play to their best ability

M0J0

by M0J0 » 16 Jan 2008 13:55

Cavaman And we always do things the write way

:lol:

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 16 Jan 2008 13:59

interesting signing if it goes through! What is interesting is that there is a clear indication that Coppell is looking to alter the style of play a little by bringing in 2 midfielders with a bit of flair and an attacking nature- something i was convinced Coppell would not do during his tenure here. Its another underground signing but the signs are good in that we are looking to beef up the midfield with a bit more creativity which has been quite frankly non existent this season.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Jan 2008 14:02

quick, strong,very ,skilful, powerful, looks good to me

im really pleased with the calibre of signings so far, even if others arent.

typical reading style signings, but with a slightly higher profile than before
and attacking too, is copps looking to transform the team set up in the summer?

and at these prices they look to be bargains
just the way we like em.

293 posts