Hahnemann has to go this year...

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Hahnemann has to go this year...

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Feb 2008 17:06

jimbangg What a supercilious little sod Dirk is...he really does know everything. I'm surprised Coppell hasn't asked his opinion on why we concede so many goals...And how dare I (a lifelong R.F.C. fan) suggest Hahenmann doesn't fit the bill anymore.

I would like to know what "qualifications" Dick, sorry Dork has, which makes his "opinion" more important than mine

Yeshh..... Take a break.
8)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Feb 2008 18:05

jimbangg It saddens me to see how inarticulate most on this thread are; instead of a constructive dialogue ppl sign off with "cnut" or "konb" well, how very clever and grown up of you. If Hahnemann is the 1st choice keeper this time next year i will take back what i said. Funnily enough i am a fan of this club too, i would to see us remain in the premier league for as long as is possible. We need a new goalkeeper.

unless he's grown his arms and then you'd be right

jimbangg

by jimbangg » 05 Feb 2008 19:49

"unless he's grown his arms and then you'd be right"

huh?

RG6

by RG6 » 05 Feb 2008 20:29

jimbangg He simply isn't tall enough or good enough to play for RFC any more. Any thoughts?

jimbangg c. he is too short and has short arms, slow reaction times, too heavy and lets in too many.?

What the hell has his height & his arm length got to do with how good he is? I would think it would be a problem if he was 4'6'', but he isn't!

I think he is one of the best shot stoppers in the league and i'm certain the stats will back that up, surley a goalkeepers merits should be based on something a little more akin to the job he is doing, not his dimensions!

jimbangg

by jimbangg » 05 Feb 2008 21:01

If he was bigger he would save more goals.job done.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 06 Feb 2008 08:23

jimbangg If he was bigger he would save more goals.job done.

Fatter??

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 06 Feb 2008 08:59

jimbangg If he was bigger he would save more goals.job done.

So Steve Death was a poor keeper according to your simple logic?

That is not my recollection of his time at Reading.

I am pretty sure that no scout is sent out to find ' a big bloke with long arms and big hands, not very heavy (but still bulky enough to frighten off opposing strikers)' - but 'don't worry about his goalkeeping skills'.

To the De'ath

by To the De'ath » 06 Feb 2008 13:26

Indeed - Steve Death was 5'7" and one of the best keepers I've seen at Reading.

Probably had long arms though, right Jim?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Feb 2008 13:52

To the De'ath Indeed - Steve Death was 5'7" and one of the best keepers I've seen at Reading.

Probably had long arms though, right Jim?

and outsized hands too

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 06 Feb 2008 16:36

i agree hahnzer should go

but for gods sake man don't say "he should save more goals"-that's how women talk about football, the logical amongt us know a goal cannot be saved

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 06 Feb 2008 16:49

Gus the teenage cow i agree hahnzer should go

but for gods sake man don't say "he should save more goals"-that's how women talk about football, the logical amongt us know a goal cannot be saved

Tell that to Roy Carroll. :D

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 06 Feb 2008 17:11

jimbangg It saddens me to see how inarticulate most on this thread are; instead of a constructive dialogue ppl sign off with "cnut" or "konb" well, how very clever and grown up of you. If Hahnemann is the 1st choice keeper this time next year i will take back what i said. Funnily enough i am a fan of this club too, i would to see us remain in the premier league for as long as is possible. We need a new goalkeeper.

jimbangg He simply isn't tall enough...

LMFAO :D

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 06 Feb 2008 17:40

The current form has little to do with Hahnemann. Indeed against Chelsea and a few other games he kept the score down.

I beleive that Hahnemann has a pretty good season overall so far. He has not been worse than the previous 2/3 years. is distribution is poor but then you have to remember that in the championship we cold play the ball out of defence and Kits and Lita/Dolye would win the flick ons. Its certainly harder in the Premier League and that has been shown.

It does make me laugh how he doubters jump on the keeper for 'letting' all the goals in!! Take Saturday for example Hahnemann could nothing with either of the goals, let the midfield and the defence take the rap.

Age catches up with you but I think that he may start next season as number 1 but we will sign a replacement in the summer and then it will just be a matter of time before they swap over.

jimbangg

by jimbangg » 06 Feb 2008 22:44

i've given in...you are all right, Hahnmann is great, i take it all back...what a battering - phew...never again...

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 07 Feb 2008 09:53

jimbangg i've given in...you are all right, Hahnmann is great, i take it all back...what a battering - phew...never again...

fight the good fight, a lot of people agree with you that hahnemann isn't up to it but not coz he has short arms or is too small as you say but because apart from his shotstopping he is not a great goalkeeper. Like a lot of american keepers his kicking and command of the area is very very poor and this costs us goals

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 07 Feb 2008 10:05

I believe Hahnemann has to go but sooner than this year, after all nobody can have a bladder that big.

Mad Aussie Royal

by Mad Aussie Royal » 12 Feb 2008 09:23

jimbangg He simply isn't tall enough or good enough to play for RFC any more. Any thoughts?

hahnemann has to go he isnt tall hes stubby and to old. i know 37 isnt old for a goal kepper but he just isnt good enough for the pace of the english game. he should go back to the us to play in the MLS and retire.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Feb 2008 09:41

Mad Aussie Royal

hahnemann has to go he isnt tall hes stubby and to old. i know 37 isnt old for a goal kepper but he just isnt good enough for the pace of the english game. he should go back to the us to play in the MLS and retire.

I assume that the name means you are in Oz?

That doesn't excuse you from speaking in vaguely intelligible English on this board - please.

Mad Aussie Royal

by Mad Aussie Royal » 13 Feb 2008 09:07

West Stand Man
Mad Aussie Royal

That doesn't excuse you from speaking in vaguely intelligible English on this board - please.

yes i am from australia and know very much about Reading

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2008 21:11

Mad Aussie Royal
West Stand Man
Mad Aussie Royal

yes i am from australia and know very much about Reading

It's a shame you don't know much about reading and writing. boom cha!