RUMOUR - kris boyd

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

RUMOUR - kris boyd

by brendywendy » 22 Apr 2008 14:29

tribal football says:Rangers striker Kris Boyd is set to move to the Premiership in the summer.
The People says the £2.5m-rated Scotland striker has helped fire Rangers to a likely SPL title and is now looking to challenge himself in the English league with Reading and West Brom battling for his signature.

Reading are leading the way but Boyd, 24, won't make a decision until the summer to see if the Baggies can win promotion into the top flight.

feck me, we are ahead of people for someones signature

edit- at least until the baggies are up

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: kris boyd

by Norfolk Royal » 22 Apr 2008 15:41

Hardly a good sign if he is hanging on for West Brom. If he chooses them over us we're in trouble.

In any case this was in the NOW on Sunday.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 22 Apr 2008 15:45

He looks half decent from what little i've seen of him, and we certainly need to be looking at some further options upfront.

I did wonder if we might join the queue of players looking at Steven Fletcher (I think that's his name) who has recently broken into the Scotland squad and supposedly attracted the interest of Real Madrid (not that it's likely he'll go there).

Doyler

by Doyler » 22 Apr 2008 17:57

Southbank Old Boy He looks half decent from what little i've seen of him, and we certainly need to be looking at some further options upfront.

I did wonder if we might join the queue of players looking at Steven Fletcher (I think that's his name) who has recently broken into the Scotland squad and supposedly attracted the interest of Real Madrid (not that it's likely he'll go there).

The way we're going in the transfer market I wouldn't be surprised if this happened...

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 22 Apr 2008 19:21

See a lot of Boyd, spends a lot of time on the bench at Rangers as they tend to play with one up front both home and away, and as good a goal scorer that he is, he is not a worker and will not chase "lost causes" he would be described as an out and out striker that would feed from nicks through etc.......... in the right formation could be very useful and his days at Rangers do seem to be numbered, as it is reported that he doesn't see eye to eye with Walter Smith and McOist, for £2.5m would be a good buy !!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Apr 2008 09:45

I would hazard it could be a case of seeing where we are as well.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 23 Apr 2008 09:58

howser See a lot of Boyd, spends a lot of time on the bench at Rangers as they tend to play with one up front both home and away, and as good a goal scorer that he is, he is not a worker and will not chase "lost causes" he would be described as an out and out striker that would feed from nicks through etc.......... in the right formation could be very useful and his days at Rangers do seem to be numbered, as it is reported that he doesn't see eye to eye with Walter Smith and McOist, for £2.5m would be a good buy !!

Sounds like a possibly replacement for Lita as our fox in the box kind of forward.

We need variation and competition upfront and that means signing a couple of forwards.

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 23 Apr 2008 11:42

He often gets talked about as an old-fashioned centre-forward, ie, he's a brilliant goal-hanger, but not a great footballer.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Apr 2008 10:09

ElmParker He often gets talked about as an old-fashioned centre-forward, ie, he's a brilliant goal-hanger, but not a great footballer.

id settle for a striker who just stays in the box to be fair
the number of crosses ive seen sailing over an empty box recently beggars belief

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 24 Apr 2008 11:28

brendywendy
ElmParker He often gets talked about as an old-fashioned centre-forward, ie, he's a brilliant goal-hanger, but not a great footballer.

the number of crosses ive seen sailing over an empty box recently beggars belief

you've seen crosses?? i remember the days when we used to have those.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 24 Apr 2008 14:00

Look more closely then. The wingers either a) cross but there are no strikers in the box or b) get into a crossing position, look up, see there are no strikers in the box and turn back.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Apr 2008 14:36

brendywendy

We've got one of those but he gets slated on here for not 'putting much effort in' being 'lazy' or a 'bad influence'

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Apr 2008 14:36

well if he wont run around like steven huint what does he expect :wink:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - kris boyd

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Jun 2008 13:10

Cardiff have bid worth up to £4m rejected for Kris Boyd so says Cardiff fans. On the BBC as well although fee mentioned is lower.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7465464.stm

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 20 Jun 2008 15:12

Would be a good signing imo

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Jun 2008 15:29

rg6royal Would be a good signing imo

Yes, but there is no way we will spend £4million plus on a player. £400K is wishful thinking at the moment

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 20 Jun 2008 16:29

Kris Boyd is the type of striker that sadly seems to be disappearing from the game, no work rate but will always be in the right place at the right time and is nailed onto be your clubs top scorer come the end of the season because of it.

Slightly off topic, I was having a discussion the other day about the offside law and what would happen if we got rid of it completely. Would teams simply leave someone in the oppositions box, a goalhanger? I'm not too sure they would because it would be like playing with ten men. Anyway won't happen....

....just like Kris Boyd to Reading.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 20 Jun 2008 18:24

Didn't hockey abolish offside ? No idea whether that led to goal hanging.

Short term I think it would lead to teams leaving a man up around the penalty area but things would evolve and I don't think it would get like netball where a nominated shooter stays up field and the whole aim is to get it to them to take a pot.

It would need some radical thinking from coaches both in attack and defence and I think it woul dbe well worth trying it in a lower league and see what happens.

Streets

by Streets » 20 Jun 2008 18:28

I don't think they bid anything like £4m, you wouldn't at this level, certainly not a club in their current climate.

In fact I'd be surprised had they bid £2m, even if they have money from their cup run. And anything over £1m rules us out IMO so this thread is another dead duck!

Great ennit.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Jun 2008 19:55

Roger the Rabbit Didn't hockey abolish offside ? No idea whether that led to goal hanging.

Yes, offside was abolished, but it didn't lead to much goal hanging, just some times a forward would try to hide on the 25 yard line and one of the defenders would be forced to mark the forward.