SPECULATION - Forwards

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: SPECULATION - Forwards

by SCIAG » 13 Jul 2008 09:37

Ian Royal Well Lita must be worth close to £5m then and Kitson and Doyle at least the same as Zamora

Didn't Nugent and Chopra go for around £6m? If so, West Ham should have demanded more. Neither of them are close to Zamora.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 13 Jul 2008 10:21

SCIAG
Ian Royal Well Lita must be worth close to £5m then and Kitson and Doyle at least the same as Zamora

Didn't Nugent and Chopra go for around £6m? If so, West Ham should have demanded more. Neither of them are close to Zamora.

You arent being serious = Zamora is average to say the least - performed well in the lower leagues, hasnt done anything in the premiership of any note, so I thin Zamora, Chopra and Nugent are all on a par- and Kitson and Doyle are worth more based in the impact they have had

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Jul 2008 21:06

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
SCIAG

You arent being serious = Zamora is average to say the least - performed well in the lower leagues, hasnt done anything in the premiership of any note, so I thin Zamora, Chopra and Nugent are all on a par- and Kitson and Doyle are worth more based in the impact they have had

Kitson>>>>Doyle>>Zamora>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chopra>>Nugent. Doyle has had an impact wheras Zamora hasn't? Didn't Zamora score 10 goals the season Tevez arrived? Didn't he score a similar amount the season before that?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jul 2008 08:58

Sounds like Bent is about to join Cardiff.
Last edited by Hoop Blah on 14 Jul 2008 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Jul 2008 08:59

Hoop Blah Sounds like Bent if about to join Cardiff.

Pardew says the Bent is still a Charlton player at the moment and that other clubs are interested. It is not a done deal just yet.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jul 2008 09:05

Wycombe Royal

Pardew says the Bent is still a Charlton player at the moment and that other clubs are interested. It is not a done deal just yet.

I'm sure Pardew is technically correct, and as manager of his club is trying to stoke up a little more interest, but it's not often players are reported to be having a medical and the deal doesn't go through.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Jul 2008 09:56

Hoop Blah
Wycombe Royal

I'm sure Pardew is technically correct, and as manager of his club is trying to stoke up a little more interest, but it's not often players are reported to be having a medical and the deal doesn't go through.

Nicky Shorey? :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jul 2008 12:15

Wycombe Royal
Hoop Blah
Wycombe Royal Pardew says the Bent is still a Charlton player at the moment and that other clubs are interested. It is not a done deal just yet.

Nicky Shorey? :wink:

x8

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Jul 2008 19:17

Hoop Blah
Wycombe Royal

You were saying? Looks like he is joining Birmingham. So Pardew was totally correct and not just "technically".

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Jul 2008 19:30

brendywendy
Southbank Old Boy
Ian Royal Whilst I won't argue that we could use a striker with a bit of height and ariel presence other than Kitson. I rather feel that "big battering ram" strikers are a thing of the past. And rightly so.

We could do with another Sheringham style striker to replace/cover for Kitson. We certainly don't need another shortish pacey striker who's good in the box. Currently having 3

Drogba, Abebayor, Carew, Yakubu/Anichibe, McBride, Jones, Bent/Heskey, Davies, Benjani

Hardly out of fashion.

but not so long ago every team had at least one

A lot of them yes, not all. I think thats still the case, whether it's changed or not I can't prove. Personally I think it's pretty similar.

The players I mentioned all have more to their game yes, as the game has moved on a bit, but they're still used as battering rams at times.

royalrumble
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

This seasons Squad Numbers (Provisional)

by royalrumble » 17 Jul 2008 17:41

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1345840,00.html

Intresting they have kept Number 11 free, possible new striker?

OzBiscuit2004
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: This seasons Squad Numbers (Provisional)

by OzBiscuit2004 » 17 Jul 2008 18:12

LOL @ Number 20

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Jul 2008 11:49

Now that Kitson has gone to Stoke and Zamora has gone to Fulham, it seems a decent possibibility that David Healy could be playing for us next season.

He's been linked with a return to Leeds this summer but could surely do a job in the Championship.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Jul 2008 11:51

Royal Rother Now that Kitson has gone to Stoke and Zamora has gone to Fulham, it seems a decent possibibility that David Healy could be playing for us next season.

He's been linked with a return to Leeds this summer but could surely do a job in the Championship.

Not a bad shout. Perhaps more likely once we've lost one of Lita or Doyle though.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 18 Jul 2008 20:18

Royal Rother Now that Kitson has gone to Stoke and Zamora has gone to Fulham, it seems a decent possibibility that David Healy could be playing for us next season.

He plays so well for Northern Ireland but doesn't seem to be the same player in the football league. Not sure he would do the biz

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Jul 2008 23:52

PEARCEY

He plays so well for Northern Ireland but doesn't seem to be the same player in the football league. Not sure he would do the biz

I've only ever seen him play well against us. Doesn't bode well.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Jul 2008 14:53

With Kitson moving to Stoke it could be that Richard Cresswell is surplus to requirements.

A very hardworking, tall forward, who's scored a decent amount of goals at this level and can create as well as score.

I've always quite rated him and wouldn't mind him being a short term fix, especially if we lose Doyle too.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 21 Jul 2008 18:03

Ideal
Southbank Old Boy
Ian Royal I rather feel that "big battering ram" strikers are a thing of the past.

Drogba, Abebayor, Carew, Yakubu/Anichibe, McBride, Jones, Bent/Heskey, Davies, Benjani

Hardly out of fashion.

Out of that lot you mention there, only Drogba, Carew, McBride, Jones and Heskey qualify.
Although your point is valid, they are around and teams are building their tactics around them.

You're trying to tell me that Kevin Davies, Marcus Bent and Anichibe aren't big physical centre forwards who spend a lot of their time as battering rams as whoever put it?

They might all have other strings to their bows but, even with Adebayor, a lot of their game is based around their physical presence and their ability in the air as an outlet for their respective teams.

Colchester Royal

by Colchester Royal » 23 Jul 2008 01:28

Yh, we need a battering ram and yes, re: someone who wrote Richiard cresswell. It's a good punt. SC could make him better than he already is. Buy the guy ffs.

friday fan

by friday fan » 24 Jul 2008 10:27

I wouldn't mind a cheeky loan deal for Freddy Shears at Wet Sham and Waghorn from Sunderland both looked like live wires in their sub apperances last season and would provide good back up if we are going to use the loan system,