Rumour leroy lita

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour leroy lita

by Royal Lady » 13 Jul 2008 11:50

I know for a fact that Lita doesn't want to go anywhere. I doubt he'll go anyway if Doyle is on his way, but I'm keeping everything crossed that we keep all our strikers.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jul 2008 11:58

Royal Lady I know for a fact that Lita doesn't want to go anywhere. I doubt he'll go anyway if Doyle is on his way, but I'm keeping everything crossed that we keep all our strikers.

amen sister!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Jul 2008 21:03

Royal Lady I know for a fact that Lita doesn't want to go anywhere. I doubt he'll go anyway if Doyle is on his way, but I'm keeping everything crossed that we keep all our strikers.

Source?

I think he's more likely to want a move than Doyle, more likely to be sold, and slightly more attractive for potential buyers because he's English.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 13 Jul 2008 21:17

SCIAG

Source?

I get the impression RL isn't the sort to 'invent' stuff !

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 13 Jul 2008 21:40

Lita worked his socks off yesterday and scored like the other 3 strikers. I'd like to see him and Kits together, but Kits has to stop dropping so far back. Maybe it was to utilise Long's pace, but he was always offside anyway.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 13 Jul 2008 23:20

Yeah right. Thats why he's refused to sign a new contract! According to Keith Millen (BCFC Asst Manager) he is def going.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jul 2008 08:56

North Somerset Royal

Yeah right. Thats why he's refused to sign a new contract! According to Keith Millen (BCFC Asst Manager) he is def going.

Have we offered him a new one yet?

Lita certainly wanted to leave last season and I can't see why that situation would've changed too much at the moment. He may well be telling everyone he doesn't want to go though as this is a big few months in his career as he needs to show he's willing to knuckle down and fight for his place in a way that he didn't seem too content to do last year.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Jul 2008 09:12

chandog
Trev Lita will be very important to us next season, especially as it looks like Doyle will be leaving.

When Lita is on his game is a handful to any defender he faces.

Defo. He troubled some of the prem teams in our first season so he should be awesome in the championship.

He looked very poor for Charlton most of the time.

Still, fingers crossed, I'm sure a fair amount of his problems live on in his head and once he accepts that he's not actually as good as he once thought he was he could be a very decent striker again. Particularly in the Championship.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 14 Jul 2008 09:12

The club was certainly in discussions with Lita over a new deal, whether it got to the stage of a formal document being placed in front of him and him dismissing it with a curt wave of the hand before storming out of the room with his entourage in tow I'm not sure.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Jul 2008 09:16

So, hypothetically speaking of course, if that might have happened, how long ago would it have been?

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 14 Jul 2008 09:21

Royal Rother So, hypothetically speaking of course, if that might have happened, how long ago would it have been?

Same time as the Shorey deal was on the table and not signed IIRC. I'm sure anyone interested enough can track through old stories to find the exact date.

It would be odd and contrary to the way the club tends to do these things if a player out of contract in 12 months time had not had a new deal discussed...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jul 2008 09:31

Roger the Rabbit
Royal Rother So, hypothetically speaking of course, if that might have happened, how long ago would it have been?

Same time as the Shorey deal was on the table and not signed IIRC. I'm sure anyone interested enough can track through old stories to find the exact date.

It would be odd and contrary to the way the club tends to do these things if a player out of contract in 12 months time had not had a new deal discussed...

I just did a quick google and there were indeed stories of Lita failing to agree terms this time last season.

Be interesting to see if they manage to address that this time round, or in fact if they actually try to.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Jul 2008 09:42

First week of August last year - I think there was also an update from the club around the time of the January window.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Jul 2008 10:23

My only source is Lita himself. HTH.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jul 2008 10:30

Royal Lady My only source is Lita himself. HTH.

Players very rarely say anything they don't think the fan in the street wants to hear.

I'd take anything they say with a healthy pinch of salt and a decent dose of cynicism.

He may also have meant it at the time you spoke. But things can change quite quickly, especially if he thinks he's not going to be in the side again come the start of the season or someone with a higher profile or more money comes knocking on his door.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Jul 2008 10:37

He wasn't talking to a "fan in the street". HTH. And he said it about 10 days ago.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 14 Jul 2008 11:09

Royal Lady He wasn't talking to a "fan in the street". HTH. And he said it about 10 days ago.

Sounds like his bedside manner has vastly improved then.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jul 2008 11:09

Royal Lady He wasn't talking to a "fan in the street". HTH. And he said it about 10 days ago.

Where/who did you hear it from then?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Jul 2008 11:23

I know someone who knows him and he told them he liked it at RFC, he didn't want to leave and that he loved the fans. I'm not going to divulge everything, but I'd rather you didn't cross examine me, just because you don't believe me!

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 14 Jul 2008 11:25

As i was saying to Becks only last night, it's so easy for people on the internet to claim they 'know' people that you can no longer tell truth from fiction....