QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

216 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

by Wycombe Royal » 29 Jun 2010 16:30

According to Sky anyway. They say the bid was £1.5m. :shock:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6237507,00.html?
Reading have turned down an offer from Queens Park Rangers for winger Jobi McAnuff, skysports.com understands.

The 28-year-old is being tracked by a number of clubs, but Rangers are leading the chase and they tested Reading's resolve with an offer worth around £1.5million.

McAnuff had a very good season with the Royals last year, and Reading are seemingly keen to keep him.

The former Watford, Crystal Palace and Cardiff has two years left on his current deal at the Madejski Stadium.

It now remains to be seen if QPR will come back with a bigger bid, or if any of McAnuff's other suitors will join the bidding.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

by Terminal Boardom » 29 Jun 2010 16:37

Interesting. Whether this is a reliable story or not will remain to be seen. If the fake hoops came back with an offer of 2.5 mill I would take it.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 29 Jun 2010 17:22

Best winger we've had in quite a while, no offer (at the moment) is big enough. There's no point letting him go, regardless of fee, if we want to have any chance of promotion this season.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 29 Jun 2010 17:37

Kitson12 Best winger we've had in quite a while, no offer (at the moment) is big enough. There's no point letting him go, regardless of fee, if we want to have any chance of promotion this season.
We don't want to from what I've seen, so I expect we'll sell for the right money.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jun 2010 17:46

Thanks to QPR's bid (if it was ever made) we'll now undoubtedly be keeping our eye out for a decent winger as a replacement. We'll make them pay silly money to get him and he isn't irreplaceable.
I'd be surprised to see him go... although tbh I'd have thought £1.5m must be pretty close to his sale value.

I have no real concerns about whether this happens or not. McAnuff was excellent for large parts of the season and lacklustre for most of the rest. I completely trust Hammond and McDermott to only sell at the right fee, if they are comfortable with a replacement being found.

And Kitson12 I'd suggest Little was better, Convey equal in his one decent season, and Hunt + Kebe roughly on a par so hardly the best winger we've had in a while.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 29 Jun 2010 18:47

Ah making rejected transfer bids public in an attempt to unsettle the player.

Who's QPR's manager again?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Jun 2010 19:02

Don't sell your best players, particularly when you have no replacement.

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 29 Jun 2010 19:17

Terminal Boardom Interesting. Whether this is a reliable story or not will remain to be seen. If the fake hoops came back with an offer of 2.5 mill I would take it.

we cannot let a player like mcanuff to leave. he and sigurdsson are key key players that can change games. selling him will be a massive own goal.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 29 Jun 2010 19:31

Royalee Don't sell your best players, particularly when you have no replacement.

For once Royalee I agree with you.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Jun 2010 19:38

This all depends on whether Brian has any faith in Henry. Kebe played his best football on the right last season, if Henry pushes him hard enough I'm sure Brian will play him on the left to give Henry the chance, plus we have HRK. It would be a loss but an affordable one imo give Henry a season and I'll reckon he'll get 10 assists how many did Jobi get?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jun 2010 20:07

Kebe and McAnuff both seemed to prefer playing on the right, with McAnuff putting in some fairly poor performances once he was moved to the other flanks. That's one reason I would consider accepting multiple millions.

It's not like we can't find another good winger for £500k - £1m if QPR want to chuck money at us. And we have HRK and Henry to fall back on, and some more young attackers coming through the ranks.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Jun 2010 20:08

Royalee Don't sell your best players, particularly when you have no replacement.

we best hold onto cummings then

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Jun 2010 20:20

Ian Royal Kebe and McAnuff both seemed to prefer playing on the right, with McAnuff putting in some fairly poor performances once he was moved to the other flanks. That's one reason I would consider accepting multiple millions.

It's not like we can't find another good winger for £500k - £1m if QPR want to chuck money at us. And we have HRK and Henry to fall back on, and some more young attackers coming through the ranks.

Do you mean the left Ian? Only I can vividly remember Kebe tearing Sheffield Wednesday apart from the left flank and McAnuff having several excellent games on the left. You really have no idea.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jun 2010 20:59

Royalee
Ian Royal Kebe and McAnuff both seemed to prefer playing on the right, with McAnuff putting in some fairly poor performances once he was moved to the other flanks. That's one reason I would consider accepting multiple millions.

Do you mean the left Ian? Only I can vividly remember Kebe tearing Sheffield Wednesday apart from the left flank and McAnuff having several excellent games on the left. You really have no idea.

No I don't mean the left. One example each. Well done. I didn't say they played exclusively badly on the left. Did Kebe not finish the season generally playing on the right and McAnuff on the left? Did McAnuff not play as well in the second half of the season?

Because that's the impression I got from the games I went to and everything else I read and listened to.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Jun 2010 21:16

McAnuff on the left against Watford at home when he ran the show, Kebe on the left in the cup v West Brom at home when he scored from kick off, Kebe again on the left when he 'came of age' away at Palace, McAnuff on the left away at Leicester, Kebe on the left when we stuffed Coventry, McAnuff on the left when he scored and was excellent as we stuffed Peterborough 6-0, McAnuff scoring again on the last day of the season against Preston from the left.

Give up Ian.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 29 Jun 2010 21:56

I'm suprised anyone is saying that HRK could cover were we to sell. He is most definitely not a winger, in fact he is barely a footballer. The cameos he had last season showed him to be slow-witted and lacking a decent touch.

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 29 Jun 2010 22:36

Y21 I'm suprised anyone is saying that HRK could cover were we to sell. He is most definitely not a winger, in fact he is barely a footballer. The cameos he had last season showed him to be slow-witted and lacking a decent touch.

swindon will tell you different. the one consistant problem is his final ball. he has bags of potential.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Jun 2010 23:39

Royalee McAnuff on the left against Watford at home when he ran the show, Kebe on the left in the cup v West Brom at home when he scored from kick off, Kebe again on the left when he 'came of age' away at Palace, McAnuff on the left away at Leicester, Kebe on the left when we stuffed Coventry, McAnuff on the left when he scored and was excellent as we stuffed Peterborough 6-0, McAnuff scoring again on the last day of the season against Preston from the left.

Give up Ian.

:D

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 Jun 2010 01:29

We haven't got anything good enough at this club to fill the void if he goes although i'd like to see how much Antonio has come on from his spell at Southampton.

Knowing that Reading have no money to spend and supposedly need to sell to recover losses, i wouldn't be surprised if QPR came back with another bid.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 30 Jun 2010 07:09

It makes no footballing sense whatsoever to allow Jobi to leave and I don't think Mr McDermott would want to let him go but in my view it will depend on two things. Obviously one is whether or not the Club need to raise some cash but the second will be whether the player himself fancies the move. If he does, he and his agent will put sufficient pressure on the Club that they will be virtually forced to accept an increased bid.

Fingers crossed that Jobi is happy to stay.

216 posts