Euro 2016

sefmiller

Euro 2016

by sefmiller » 25 May 2016 22:02

Hi royals. Hope you don't mind me posting this here, I'm a student and massive Rotherham fan. Been to madeski a few times and been absolutely pumped every time!!

I've been developing a football game and it has proved to be a very strenuous undertaking, as I have singled handedly developed the game whilst working full time and undertaking a 4 year degree. Marketing an application, as a single individual, on just above minimum wage, is very difficult. Whilst occasionally stories do emerge of young developers making large returns from creative development, the vast majority of mobile phone applications which populate app stores are crafted by large development teams with huge marketing and advertising budgets. Many are even leveraged at a loss for the first few years.

In the face of such dwarfing competition, I am attempting to be creative in seeking publicity for my app. As the app was only created by myself on a shoestring, it is not a worldbeater, but I genuinely believe it is a good product with potential, which was affirmed by the very positive reaction I have received when testing it and the local rag are running a personal peice on it and I this week. I hope you don't see this as spam, as your feedback would be very warmly received. I think football fans will really love this game. Please help out a footy fan by giving it a try

**EURO 2016 CHALLENGE

Price: FREE

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.sef.euro

sloughroyal123

Re: Euro 2016

by sloughroyal123 » 25 May 2016 22:07

Downloading it now

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 May 2016 14:14

It's funny when I worked for one of the big game publishers you mention that was absolutely true - spunked away millions on inferior products and often did run at a loss. But then we used to bemoan the flexibility of the indie developer - no big overheads/studio costs, the chance to try lots of different products and get them in front of people without fear of reprisal, and above all - their creativeness which somehow just gets lost in a big corporate. Either way though - it's bloody difficult to really make any money out of it for all but a handful of studios and it's also true the market is so saturated that you're unlikely to make any headway by traditional marketing channels.

I've not downloaded it - mainly because I'm an iOS man but I certainly wish you all the best. If I may - from the screenshots it looks like a little more time spent on the look and feel would be beneficial - simply changing the font and sizing could go a long way to giving it a more polished look.

Where do you want to take this? Could serve you very well in a job interview if you're trying to get into app development.

bon0

by bon0 » 30 May 2016 09:46

I will give this a try. :)