Dawn

John Halls

by Dawn » 01 Nov 2007 09:31

Has joined PNE on a months loan

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Nov 2007 09:59

3 appearances so far for us this season

Good move for him and hopefully Preston - could even come back challenging for a place in our squad, failing that at least he'll be ing the shop window so let's hope he play well there

Preston are at Barnsley on Saturday for anyone looking for something to do....

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 01 Nov 2007 10:04

I've been impressed by the John Hall's performances I've seen.

He's still just a squad player for us, but he seems to has got his head down after his various set-backs (pretty much all of them injuries you conspiracy theorisers ;)).

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Nov 2007 10:12

I think this could be the end of the road for JH at Reading - looks like this is the prelude to a permanent deal in January - providing he does well.

I think he is a far better player than many on here give credit. If not for injury he may well have become a permanent fixture but now we have Rosenior to cover right back and better options at centre back he is far better off moving elsewhere to get a game. He is 25 and needs to be playing every match at his age - good luck JH and hope you do well.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 01 Nov 2007 10:37

LOL Lawerenson is a PNE fan. Let's all laugh at what he says about this.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 10:58

Comments certainly suggest this is a 'with a view...' type move.
To be honest he's done nothing in his time with us to suggest he will push for a first team place. And to be fair to him he's had a terrible time with injuries so it's not entirely his fault that he's not in the reckoning.

If Coppell is embarking on a 'Phase 3' rebuild then the likes of Halls are not going to be involved so better for them and us if they find somewhere they can get a game.

I wonder whether the next announcments will involve Brown and Mate.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Nov 2007 11:18

Hopefully this can end in a permanent deal.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Nov 2007 12:54

Are there many coke dealers in Preston?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 12:55

Row Z Royal Are there many coke dealers in Preston?

I think Pepsi have it all sewn up round there....

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 01 Nov 2007 14:30

Why is it that some nobbers seem to think that as soon as a player such at Halls goes out on loan that must mean that the end is near for his career at RFC ?.

The same thing happened with Stacky when he went to Leeds on loan last season. He was completely written out of the script as far as some on here were concerned :roll:

Well guess what ! - He is still employed by RFC and now on loan at Wolves. Is he leaving - is he heck.

Come on get a grip on reality. Players go out on loan all the time and not necessarily because a club wants rid of them. Personally I think Halls is improving all the time and the loan move will benefit him and the club as he strives to make the step up to the first team.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 14:32

Nezhen Why is it that some nobbers seem to think that as soon as a player such at Halls goes out on loan that must mean that the end is near for his career at RFC ?.

I'm a little nonplussed that you think Stack or Halls are really likely to break through to the first team here having had a good couple of years to do so and not got close.
Do you think Sam Sodje is in with a shout as well ?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Nov 2007 15:29

Seriously, why the hell did Halls start in the Liverpool game over Henry??

Championship is his level at best, Stoke fans hardly rated the guy. Certainly not as good as Billy Jones who Preston also have.

Hopefully Halls will make there bench like Sodje at Charlton and Stack at Wolves. All 3 will be gone by the end of January or I'll eat my hat. ( I said the same thing about Halls ever playing again after the Liverpool game)

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Nov 2007 16:14

What we need to remember is that the current contracts for Halls and Stack expire in the Summer 08 so Jan is the last time we will be able to sell these players.

As we are very unlikely to offer an extension due to their being unable to establish a first team place we have to put them in the shop window or else they will walk away for no fee.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Nov 2007 16:19

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Seriously, why the hell did Halls start in the Liverpool game over Henry??

We'll probably get rid of Halls so

a) Let's get him in the shop window, and
b) Let's get a look at him in a competitive match to make our minds up

We'll be keeping Henry so:

a) We've got all the time in the world to see what he can do.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Nov 2007 16:24

all the best to him, i think this will almost certainly be made permanent or he will go in January. It's not worked for a few reasons, some beyond his control.

I'm not sure what his best position is tbh. Apparantly he did ok at CB for the reserves. Not convinced at right back, thought he did well against Liverpool.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 16:56

andrew1957 As we are very unlikely to offer an extension due to their being unable to establish a first team place we have to put them in the shop window or else they will walk away for no fee.

I think if we got a fee for either of them it would be quite surprising.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 01 Nov 2007 17:24

Behindu
andrew1957 As we are very unlikely to offer an extension due to their being unable to establish a first team place we have to put them in the shop window or else they will walk away for no fee.

I think if we got a fee for either of them it would be quite surprising.

I fear that you may be right and that, from a purely financial point of view, they will have to be considered as write-offs, although the amounts involved are relatively immaterial in the club's present circumstances.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Nov 2007 17:30

I think you are both being very pessimistic.

Halls had a good game against Liverpool, plays well for the reserves and so if we get less than £250K I will be surprised.

Difficult to say with Stack - may get £100K but I doubt much more.

Not a lot - but it all helps and saves two salaries.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 01 Nov 2007 17:34

Halls has barely played for 2 years and had a string of injuries. You'd need to find an extremely desperate or stupid manager to pay 250k for him ! Off to Leeds then...

We paid nothing for Stack (did we ?) and he's done little to add to his value since.

I'll expect nothing for either of them but if Hammond does pull off a master stroke in the style of the Andy Hughes deal then fair play to him !

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Nov 2007 17:35

Suddenly with Sodje gone as well we are down on numbers.
I can't see any of Stack,Halls,Brown,Bennett ,Cox or Sodje having a future at Reading so January could well see the vast number of arrivals that Coppell keeps on about.
How anybody on here can seriously suggest that Halls has a future with a Premiership club like ours is beyond me.
Good luck to him and for his sake I hope he makes a go of it at Preston but I think he is more of a Div 1 level player.