Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
Berry

Last Chance For Lita?

by Berry » 14 Nov 2007 20:19

Seems a bit of unrest is creeping in the camp, as reports are stating that Lita has to prove his worth or the enivitable will happen. Lita hasnt really been given the chance this season, I could name a few other players who havent pulled their weight.
Not a good time for infighting when the results havent been good.
IMO Lita needs a run in the team, he is still one of are best young players who I think we wouldnt want to lose

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 14 Nov 2007 20:23

Yawn.

LOL@ Berry for telling me to shut my legs by PM. Whatever that means.

There are Lita threads all over the place. Is another really required?
Last edited by Row Z Royal on 14 Nov 2007 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Cookie

Re: Last Chance For Lita?

by Cookie » 14 Nov 2007 20:27

Berry Seems a bit of unrest is creeping in the camp.

Oh really?

Berry

by Berry » 14 Nov 2007 20:29

Sorry to come across as old fasioned old son but I thought discussion forums were for er er discussions. :lol:

Amongst the sheep

Re: Last Chance For Lita?

by Amongst the sheep » 14 Nov 2007 20:30

Berry IMO Lita needs a run in the team, he is still one of are best young players who I think we wouldnt want to lose

Yeah read the article and comments from Sir Steve on the Reading site and it answers your question as to why he isn't playing. Should we drop Kitson for him or Doyle?

Berry

by Berry » 14 Nov 2007 20:34

No I agree with you, how does Sir Alex keep his bevy of strikers happy?
Its a tough one, play Doyle on the right or a 4.3.3 better than Oster I guess. Little wont be back, at least until transfer window.

MattPR

Less Posing

by MattPR » 14 Nov 2007 20:35

Less Posing and more scoring!! me thinks...

However, in Lita's defence - every Striker is reliant on the service they are provided and what with the problems we have in midfield. i.e mid and right midfield.

i just pray that we can acquire a descent central and right midfielder in Jan transfer window. Pleassssse!!!!

oh, and they need to have an immediate impact lol....

maybe I should start my letter Santa ;0)

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 14 Nov 2007 20:35

Dont accomodate just rotate

Berry

by Berry » 14 Nov 2007 20:40

The Doyle question is interesting as he has never been in the team when weve been under real pressure. Has he got the experience to go out and do a job or being a young player get weighed down with expectations.
We cant go on forever saying well he only cost a few grand. Tough times for the team.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Nov 2007 20:44

This is the 1st season Doyle has ever had the pressure of expectation and a big contract.

If we are gonna play one up front, it should be Lita every time. He is so much better than Kits or Doyle in that role. The fact both Kits and Doyle have been played on their own over Lita says a lot imo. Coppell is not stupid, he will know Lita's the best in that role and he still didn't pick him.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Nov 2007 20:45

Berry The Doyle question is interesting as he has never been in the team when weve been under real pressure. Has he got the experience to go out and do a job or being a young player get weighed down with expectations.
We cant go on forever saying well he only cost a few grand. Tough times for the team.

Dont understand where you are coming from. Doyle is currently playing in a team under "real pressure "as you put it as we are struggling to avoid being dragged into a relegation dogfight.
Along with Kitson he has been outstanding over the last month so I really dont follow your logic.
As for Lita he is third possibly or even fourth in the pecking order.If he gets another chance he needs to grab it and fast.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 14 Nov 2007 20:49

But equally, when Lita played against Newcastle, he looked desperate and terrified of failing. He needs the confidence first rather than playing with expectation heaped on him.

He needs to know that if he doesn't put every opportunity in the net he's not going to be dropped immediately. Then, when he's settled, he'll bang them in.

Unfortunately, with Oster coming back, Doyle's going to be playing up front as he's our No.1 goalscorer and there's no way Kitson (for England) won't play at the moment, given his form.

Berry

by Berry » 14 Nov 2007 20:51

What I was trying to say was last season we had our tails up. The team were scoring for fun, Coppell was IMO rotating the strikers last season.
Has Doyle been in a relegation dogfight before? Is it good to have a player of Litas calibre lacking real match practise?
Lita can perform the holding player role very well.
Anyway im sure these qustions will be answered in time

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Nov 2007 20:51

I think Doyle will stay on the right.

Oster maybe deserves a chance when fit. But he's not a Premiership footballer imo.

Berry

by Berry » 14 Nov 2007 20:56

Oster has had loads of chances, when the pressures on he usually moves on, so I guess watch this space....
IMO Little should of been replaced last summer as it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out he is an elderly player with a poor injury record.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Nov 2007 20:58

Berry What I was trying to say was last season we had our tails up. The team were scoring for fun, Coppell was IMO rotating the strikers last season.
Has Doyle been in a relegation dogfight before? Is it good to have a player of Litas calibre lacking real match practise?
Lita can perform the holding player role very well.
Anyway im sure these qustions will be answered in time

Yes but none of the squad have been involved in a relegation dogfight before including Lita.
I dont agree there was a rotation of the strikers last season as Kitson was out by and large for two thirds of the season. The only rotation was really going on in the Cup matches. Players were also injured/suspended, ie Doyle and Lita so there was no rotation..well not in the Premiership games.
At the moment unless Doyle is played on the right Lita wont make the starting line up. The best he can hope for is a place in the squad and hope to make an impact when he gets on.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Nov 2007 21:26

I rate Lita as a finisher but to be honest when he misses the chances that he missed against Newcastle then you have to say that he deserves to be 4th choice striker on merit. Kitson is having a fine season and proving to be the excellent footballer we all knew he would be in this division, Doyle has been hit and miss this term but is starting to find the net again and Shane Long - raw and unpolished as he is - has been a more effective weapon from the bench than Lita has.

I would say that the lack of service from possibly the poorest midfield in the Premier League hardly helps but then again Kitson and Doyle have notched 4 each. Doyle - interestingly - has scored from 3 Shorey centres (incl. 2 set pieces IIRC) and 1 Murty cross; Kits has scored from 1 Shorey set piece, benefited from one goalkeeping error (Kirkland's spill of Doyle's effort) and 2 goals created entirely (and superbly) by himself. Shows how well our midfield has been performing.

What this seems to indicate to me as that Doyle and Kitson are better all round footballers and Leroy thrives off the service from other players as perhaps our best natural 'fox in the box' (for want of a better phrase)type finisher.....although frankly, going back to where I came in, if he misses chances like he did against Newcastle perhaps that theory is blown out of the water somewhat :shock: .

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Nov 2007 21:28

Interesting stats on Shorey. It might be my wrong impression but I think he is slowly getting back to the player of last season and did reasonably well against Arsenal

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 14 Nov 2007 21:59

I cannot help wondering if SC has got fed up with Lita's antics and decided to sell in January. This could be why he did not let Simon Cox be cup tied - perhaps he intends to give Cox a chance in the NY. I for one hope so as I rate Cox and think he can make it in the Premiership - given a chance. I think in many ways he is a similar type player to Lita.

If I am right that would give us another £5M or so towards new midfielders - where I cannot help feeling our problem is this season. The attackers are getting little support from midfield and the defenders are getting little cover.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 14 Nov 2007 22:00

floyd__streete I rate Lita as a finisher

366 posts