New manager Brendan Rodgers *confirmed*

1747 posts
percy freeman fanclub

New manager Brendan Rodgers *confirmed*

by percy freeman fanclub » 03 Feb 2008 21:13

Ok I know I'll be shot down in flames for this but here goes.
I was thare at Oxford when we went down ,spoke to 'Archie' who was in tears as were my son and I.Archie said he was sorry. All I can feel now,especially after sat is that same dreadful sinking feeling. It really does no good now saying"transfers,bla,bla"albeit undoubtedly true. The point of the matter is that something has to be done and I for one cannot see where the next win is coming from,or point to that matter. It needs IMMEDIATE,drastic action,a small effort now will save 1,23,maybe years back outside the top flight. The difference between 98degrees and 100 may only be 2 but its's not boiling point whichever wat you look at it. Action now ,not in 2 months time.I really believe and one can hardly argue it but SC is and was the finest manager we have ever seen,however.. He seems to have frozen in the headlights and is incapable of doing anything.
So ,the man for the job now is one who can get the best out of a bunch of "leeser" players,one with proven Prem experience,OK this isn't rocket science,I don't like him either,big Sam should be brought in and now!

kirkrich

Re: New manager

by kirkrich » 03 Feb 2008 21:30

Big Sam is a big twat! He is out of work for a good reason, he is rubbish! Did you ever see his teams play? Long ball rubbish that should not be played in this modern game. He is a championship manager at best, along with Warnock. Sorry, but no. (don't mean to come accross as rude)

The Cube

by The Cube » 03 Feb 2008 21:34

percy freeman fanclub I was thare at Oxford when we went down

No, you weren't.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 03 Feb 2008 21:50

The Cube
percy freeman fanclub I was thare at Oxford when we went down

No, you weren't.

Me neither.

percy freeman fanclub

by percy freeman fanclub » 03 Feb 2008 21:56

Thanks K for your at least sensible reply ,however I don't care what game he woyld play,the point is that for some while he brought "big" players to bwfc,a club no bigger than ours and he successfully kept them up,something that at this particular junncture the present management here do not seem capable of.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 Feb 2008 22:01

I don't blame Coppell. He knows better than any of us what needs to be done and what players we needed/he wanted, but if he isn't getting the financial support behind the scenes, what can he do?

We talk the talk but are afraid to walk the walk and now we're facing the very real possibilty of relegation as a result.

kirkrich

by kirkrich » 03 Feb 2008 22:13

It's the old thing of who is telling the truth. If money is available, and we are led to beleive that is the case from what we have read, then why are we not signing the players that other teams, your Bolton's, are buying. Cahill and Taylor would walk into our team the same way they walked into Bolton's. I thought Cahill was immense on Saturday, he is a big lad who really gets stuck in. Are we just not attractive to your average player? Marek looked very good, but it just highlighted to me that the rest of the team were poor. The whole team should be at that standard and the fact that it isn't is purely down to not being able to sign decent players. Dare I sort of agree with you and suggest a higher profile manager, but I say no again to Fat Sam.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 04 Feb 2008 00:36

Whatever the reasons for not strengthening in the window its too late now. Whilst SC will always be a legend for what he has achieved he is clearly not capable of motivating the existing squad any longer. Therefore if JM wants to survive in the Prem he has to bring in someone else immediately however painful that is. I agree that Big Sam has all the qualities needed to weld the team into a cohesive defensive unit and would be an excellent choice.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 04 Feb 2008 09:24

Dear oh dear - I never thought I would see the day when HNA called for Big Sam instead of Coppell...

If Coppell did go then surely Martin Jol would be a better choice. Or someone who is moulding an attractive side in the lower leagues - Robert Martinez for example.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 04 Feb 2008 09:35

I would love Neil Warnock, just to see the reaction of the RFC faithful.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 04 Feb 2008 09:53

Coppell has already demonstrated that he can turn teams around in the past - to sack him would be absolute folly.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 04 Feb 2008 09:57

Platypuss Coppell has already demonstrated that he can turn teams around in the past - to sack him would be absolute folly.

Exactly. He's more than proved himself and is best placed and experianced to take us back up if we do infact go back down.

On the subject of Warnock, he's a manager you would love at your club IMO. Passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve. But we don't need him!

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 04 Feb 2008 10:06

Kevin Keegan has a hissy fit with Dennis Wise and DW tells him (KK) to stick it as he is coming to work in the biggest club in Berkshire! Don't snigger, anything is possible and DW loves Reading....

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Feb 2008 10:29

percy freeman fanclub Thanks K for your at least sensible reply ,however I don't care what game he woyld play,the point is that for some while he brought "big" players to bwfc,a club no bigger than ours and he successfully kept them up,something that at this particular junncture the present management here do not seem capable of.

Since Bolton beat us in the play off final they have been relegated twice. They were in effect a yo-yo club for a few seasons.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 04 Feb 2008 12:24

Platypuss Coppell has already demonstrated that he can turn teams around in the past - to sack him would be absolute folly.

'greed.

RFC don't do "rash". Coppell went down with the highest points total with Palace, so let's see if he can keep us up with one of the lowest.

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 04 Feb 2008 14:15

Coppell is going nowhere.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 04 Feb 2008 15:05

When?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Feb 2008 15:05

Steve Coppell may not be perfect - but who is. The day we sack him we will almost certainly plunge head long to the Championship or below. Even if we go down I would still prefer SC to stay.

Just look at what happened to Charlton without Curbs and Bolton earlier this season without Alladyce.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 04 Feb 2008 15:16

So what your saying is Coppell Out then

You are wrong!!!
Coppell is the best thing to happen to this club since Madejski took us over.

I admit there are certain elements that you could argue that copell has made mistakes with (Subs,Line-ups, transfer or lack of them). I admit that he has made mistakes recently but sacking him is not the answer.

And your saying that "Big Sam" is the answer. No i dont think so.
Coppell is 10 times the manager that Allardyce is.
There are only a handful of mangers that could get us out of the current situation and they are either unavailable or simply wouldnt want to come to us.

So Coppell is the right manager.

End of Arguement

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 04 Feb 2008 16:23

North Somerset Royal Therefore if JM wants to survive in the Prem he has to bring in someone else immediately however painful that is.

If JM wants to survive in the Prem he should make the money available to the manager so he CAN bring the right players to the club and not just the ones he can get on a shoe string budget.

We should have been competing for the Wayne Routeledge's, Gary Cahill's, James McFadden's, Phil Bardesley's.

In that lot are two quality defenders, an experienced Premiership right winger and a winger/striker in McFadden. All would have done just nicely int he transfer window and all within that so called warchest of ours that Hammond bleated on about, in fact I seem to recall the mad man saying the money is there for the right players. Clearly that lot are the wrong players!

1747 posts