Just seen the Kebe red card...

164 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Just seen the Kebe red card...

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Dec 2008 09:16

Dirk Gently I was talking today to someone from Barnsley - he says that the consensus from where he was sat was that Barnsley player had a pop at Kebe first and the ref only saw Kebe retaliating/shrugging him off.

Fromn what Coppell said the ref didn't see it and sent him off based on what the assistant saw.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 08 Dec 2008 09:23

Yes i saw that to, the reff hadnt made his mind up and went over to the assistant who made the decision of the straight red.

If that didnt happen i think it would of been yellow at the most.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 08 Dec 2008 09:43

bishbosh92 Yes i saw that to, the reff hadnt made his mind up and went over to the assistant who made the decision of the straight red.

If that didnt happen i think it would of been yellow at the most.

If the ref hadn't seen it then it wouldn't have been anything would it ?

The assistant is there to help the ref with stuff he doesn;t get a good view of, which is great if the assistant get's it right !!

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 08 Dec 2008 11:38

As if Kebe's a disciplinary problem.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Dec 2008 11:43

See Virgin media for video:

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/pag ... Id=3271825

It's really funny - you can see that the Barnsley defender thinks the whistle has gone against him and he appeals to the linesman indicating 'I played the ball'. He didn't fall over or any theatrics like - he must have been surprised when he realised Kebe was off. The video replay doesn't show very much of the actual 'offense' but it looks just like a flick of the hand - as someone said here already at the start of the thread, if that is a sending off offence, most games would end up 5 a side.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Dec 2008 11:51

facaldaqui As if Kebe's a disciplinary problem.

No others on here just label him a problem

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 08 Dec 2008 12:11

Definite red IMO.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 08 Dec 2008 12:18

Hugo Boss Definite red IMO.

It was, well done for spotting it. However, it SHOULDN'T have been a red.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Dec 2008 12:55

we are appealing the red card

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 08 Dec 2008 13:02

Def appealing, will know tomorrow.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2008 13:03

Royalwaster See Virgin media for video:

It's really funny - you can see that the Barnsley defender thinks the whistle has gone against him and he appeals to the linesman indicating 'I played the ball'. He didn't fall over or any theatrics like - he must have been surprised when he realised Kebe was off. The video replay doesn't show very much of the actual 'offense' but it looks just like a flick of the hand - as someone said here already at the start of the thread, if that is a sending off offence, most games would end up 5 a side.

I've not seen the incident at all yet, so I'm only going by what people have said on here, but if he's just flicked at him or thrown a full bloodied punch it doesn't make much difference these days, it's a red card.

By what Coppell has said it was more of a little push, which is probably more of a yellow card. Either way, any kind of pushing, shoving or throwing your arms about is putting you at risk of getting a card.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Dec 2008 13:04

if over turned he can play against blackpool tomorrow

East Stand Royal 500

by East Stand Royal 500 » 08 Dec 2008 13:15

WoodleyRoyal if over turned he can play against blackpool tomorrow

I doubt he'd be in the right frame of mind to play, at least not to start. Better give Henry a start and possibly have Kebe on the bench as cover.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2008 13:27

East Stand Royal 500

I doubt he'd be in the right frame of mind to play, at least not to start. Better give Henry a start and possibly have Kebe on the bench as cover.

Why?

If they think the appeal is going to see him play he should be preparing for the game as if he's playing.

All that happened is he got sent off....It's not like his cat's died or something!

by John 3:16 » 08 Dec 2008 13:27

East Stand Royal 500

Do what? What frame of mind is he in? Has he been mugged? Do me a favour. If he's cleared he'll play, end of. I can't see him being cleared though. The FA stick by their men, no matter how incompetent they are, and with what I've seen of the video evidence (unless there is other VE kicking about somewhere) then it's inconclusive as you don't really see the start of whatever he did, just the end. I am glad they're appealing however, as it's becoming a joke and we need to start standing up for ourselves, but we could just end up with Kebe having to miss Cardiff on Boxing Day too! Happy Christmas Jimmy, go and enjoy it son.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 08 Dec 2008 13:41

Also glad we're appealing it but not holding my breath. Obviously the referee's report will be taken into consideration and he'll include what the Blindsman said to him, which will carry more weight than Coppel's view or the video "evidence".

Expect the red to be upheld and Henry to play tomorrow but not an additional game to be added for making the appeal.

However, we live in hope...

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 08 Dec 2008 13:44

Royalwaster See Virgin media for video:

Thats well funny :lol:

East Stand Royal 500

by East Stand Royal 500 » 08 Dec 2008 14:10

East Stand Royal 500

Do what? What frame of mind is he in? Has he been mugged? Do me a favour. If he's cleared he'll play, end of. I can't see him being cleared though. The FA stick by their men, no matter how incompetent they are, and with what I've seen of the video evidence (unless there is other VE kicking about somewhere) then it's inconclusive as you don't really see the start of whatever he did, just the end. I am glad they're appealing however, as it's becoming a joke and we need to start standing up for ourselves, but we could just end up with Kebe having to miss Cardiff on Boxing Day too! Happy Christmas Jimmy, go and enjoy it son.

I merely meant that Kebe will not know the outcome of the appeal until tomorrow afternoon so, even if the appeal succeeds, he is unlikely to be mentally prepared for playing and will not have trained with a view to playing. That's why I don't think coppell would risk starting him but he might give him a cameo at the end because I don't think Coppell would give Henry a full 90 minutes.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Dec 2008 14:12

Well he just prepares for the game as if he is playing and if he isn't then no harm has been done. You prepare for the best outcome in these sort of situations.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Dec 2008 14:12

Last edited by loyalroyal4life on 08 Dec 2008 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

164 posts