Just seen the Kebe red card...

164 posts
S09Royal

Re: Just seen the Kebe red card...

by S09Royal » 08 Dec 2008 14:13

I've just seen it on Reading World and in no way whatsoever was that a red card :shock:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Dec 2008 14:22

S09Royal I've just seen it on Reading World and in no way whatsoever was that a red card :shock:

They best rescind it so he can play tommorow

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Dec 2008 14:27

i think it may be tbh, bikey's sending off at cardiff was not appealed due to lack of t.v evidence as we are appealing this i assume we have a t.v angle that proves his innocense or we would not appeal

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Dec 2008 14:51

He raised his arms, therefore the red card will be justified in the FA's eyes.

The best he can hope for is a reduction.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 08 Dec 2008 14:54

Just found out we are appealing against the red card

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08122008/ ... e-red.html Hopefully it will be Rescinded can he can play tomorow :)

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 08 Dec 2008 15:02

Yes, but are we going to appeal?

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 08 Dec 2008 15:03

Just seen that we are going to appeal... But will he be able to play tomorrow?

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 08 Dec 2008 15:04

Sorry, just assumed we were in groundhog day...

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 08 Dec 2008 15:06

Y25

by Y25 » 08 Dec 2008 15:28

Although it was a school girl push he raised his arms so I will be surprised if the FA do us any favours

I'd like to see Matey on the wing apparently he played there when in Poland

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 08 Dec 2008 15:34

Given that he previously played in the Czech republic, maybe your information is a little unreliable?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2008 15:54

Well I've now seen the video I can't see the FA upholding our appeal.

The video doesn't show a lot but from what I could see he did wave his arm in the defenders direction and made a swip at him. Not sure if he connected, but in the laws of the game it doesn't matter if you connect or not, attempting to is still a red card.

Surprised at Coppell's stance on this as, although it's a nothing swipe, Kebe has still swung his arm out in the defenders direction (unless my eyes are deceiving me) and the FA have a history of throwing out such appeals ('Boro's Aliadiere appeal springs to mind).

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Dec 2008 15:59

Y25 Although it was a school girl push he raised his arms so I will be surprised if the FA do us any favours

I'd like to see Matey on the wing apparently he played there when in Poland

Even considering that he never played in Poland, we had a poster on here (or maybe it was 606) who said that he'd never played on the wing and the site were making stuff up again.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Dec 2008 18:23

Hoop Blah Well I've now seen the video I can't see the FA upholding our appeal.

The video doesn't show a lot but from what I could see he did wave his arm in the defenders direction and made a swip at him. Not sure if he connected, but in the laws of the game it doesn't matter if you connect or not, attempting to is still a red card.

Surprised at Coppell's stance on this as, although it's a nothing swipe, Kebe has still swung his arm out in the defenders direction (unless my eyes are deceiving me) and the FA have a history of throwing out such appeals ('Boro's Aliadiere appeal springs to mind).

Agree - having seen this on the OS I am sure that the appeal will be rejected and the ban probably increased to 4 games. IMO no chance of the appeal being successful and surprised we have taken the risk.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 08 Dec 2008 18:36

winchester_royal He raised his arms, therefore the red card will be justified in the FA's eyes.

The best he can hope for is a reduction.

There is no option for a 'reduction'.

Either it was violent conduct and a 3 match ban or it wasn't in which there is no ban.

I don't think there is any real chance it will be extended to 4 games though, it would have to be a ridiculous appeal for that. Raising your arms is not an automatic red card offence, if it were there would be loads of red cards every week. We've seen in recent games at the Mad Stad that players approach each other with raised arms regularly and nothing is done. If it was a bit of jostling for position (as Coppell describes it) then he'll get off, depends what the video shows and how the panel interpret it.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2008 18:41

Raising your arms isn't a red card offence by the letter of the law, but that is the rule of thumb currently employed by our refs and governing body.

There is plenty of pushing and shoving that goes on throughout your average game, and even in scuffles players will push each other. The 'raising your arms' rule of thumb currently means that if you raise your arms to someones face it is considered to be violent conduct.

To me the video shows Kebe take a very weak swipe at the back/side of the defenders head. I don't think the defender even notices really, but the lino will have seen an arm swinging in the guys direction and I can understand his call on this, even if it is a little over the top.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 08 Dec 2008 18:42

John 3:16 Just seen that we are going to appeal... But will he be able to play tomorrow?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 763324.stm
Looks like, if it is rescinded then he will be able to play.

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 08 Dec 2008 18:46

6ft Kerplunk From where I was sat it looked like the ref clearly indicated that an elbow had been used when the Reading players were hassling him. For what its worth I think it did us the world of good. Certainly upped the intensity of the performance and the ref may well have thought he'd made a mistake as he seemed to give us every marginal decision in the second half. After the Hume incident I'm not surprised that a ref didn't want to not send a player off aghainst Barnsley if he thought an elbow had been used. However its not like the Barnsley player was poleaxed, don't think he even moved let alone fell over.

The ref definately did gesture that an elbow had been used as he walked back towards the halfway line. This was wrong , but we have appealed anyway so hope we win.These refs this season are really shite, bring back Graham Poll/

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Dec 2008 18:47

Hoop Blah Raising your arms isn't a red card offence by the letter of the law, but that is the rule of thumb currently employed by our refs and governing body.

There is plenty of pushing and shoving that goes on throughout your average game, and even in scuffles players will push each other. The 'raising your arms' rule of thumb currently means that if you raise your arms to someones face it is considered to be violent conduct.

To me the video shows Kebe take a very weak swipe at the back/side of the defenders head. I don't think the defender even notices really, but the lino will have seen an arm swinging in the guys direction and I can understand his call on this, even if it is a little over the top.

The only way the panel will accept the appeal is if the referee says he or the lino got it wrong and on past precedent I just cannot see that happening. The fact that Kebe raised his arm is intent whether or not he actually connected.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2008 18:48

towserSL2crew
6ft Kerplunk From where I was sat it looked like the ref clearly indicated that an elbow had been used when the Reading players were hassling him. For what its worth I think it did us the world of good. Certainly upped the intensity of the performance and the ref may well have thought he'd made a mistake as he seemed to give us every marginal decision in the second half. After the Hume incident I'm not surprised that a ref didn't want to not send a player off aghainst Barnsley if he thought an elbow had been used. However its not like the Barnsley player was poleaxed, don't think he even moved let alone fell over.

The ref definately did gesture that an elbow had been used as he walked back towards the halfway line. This was wrong , but we have appealed anyway so hope we win.These refs this season are really shite, bring back Graham Poll/

If thats the case and thats what he's put in his report then that might explain why we have appealed as the video is pretty clear that there was no elbow used.

164 posts