Back from the Game - Southampton

255 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the Game - Southampton

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 11:34

If they were p*ssed off with the poor support, they'd all be singing wouldn't they? Your comments don't make any sense.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Dec 2008 11:34

Gordons Cumming If you want to stand, go and support Fleet Town or Bracknell Town. They'd love to see you!

if you want to sit get tickets near the bottom

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 29 Dec 2008 11:35

I was amused by the family in front of us who had a picnic and then put a picnic blanket over their legs. The mother asked RL "why are we singing Seaside?" When she explained it as Cisse, she asked "why are they singing that".

When I read this quote from Schards#2 I thought nah, can't be serious. But then again these sort of people do exist don't they?

For example when the 'Blues' chant goes up she probably wonders why we're singing about alcohol ('booze').

Don't ya just love the naive and innocent. :lol:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 29 Dec 2008 11:35

WoodleyRoyal i was being considerate most fans wont duck he was just being a moany tw*t

No he wasn't, he was a fan who paid a fortune to watch a game and wants to see it without you stood in front of him impeding his view.

You're justification that it's worth pissing him off for the benefit of others is laughable. Have you asked the others what they want?

I often go to games with my 10 year old son and/or my 70 something dad, neither of whom can see if the person in front stands up. You might want everyone standing but give some thought to others as I can assure you, even if you duck or only stand at times (not sure which as your posts contradict each other) you are ruining his enjoyment of the match for your own gratification.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Dec 2008 11:36

well clearly people are pissed off cause practically every post in this thread has complained about our lack of loudness

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 11:36

I can assure you it certainly did happen! but to be fair to the family, they were shouting and clapping encouragement from the off. (even if they didn't know who half the players were!)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 11:37

WoodleyRoyal well clearly people are pissed off cause practically every post in this thread has complained about our lack of loudness
Yes, but why does that give you the right to stand up, block people's view and think that you can singlehandedly get the rest of the support to sing? I really dislike people like you who seem to think that they have a god-given right to p*ss everybody else off because they're a "proper fan". If people want to sing they'll sing, no amount of orchestra conducting from idiots like you will change things.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Dec 2008 11:40

Schards#2
WoodleyRoyal i was being considerate most fans wont duck he was just being a moany tw*t

No he wasn't, he was a fan who paid a fortune to watch a game and wants to see it without you stood in front of him impeding his view.

You're justification that it's worth pissing him off for the benefit of others is laughable. Have you asked the others what they want?

I often go to games with my 10 year old son and/or my 70 something dad, neither of whom can see if the person in front stands up. You might want everyone standing but give some thought to others as I can assure you, even if you duck or only stand at times (not sure which as your posts contradict each other) you are ruining his enjoyment of the match for your own gratification.

well sit near the front then its as simple as that. i like to stand i paid a fortune if the stewards want me to sit down then fine but no-one came over so i carried on standing and will do at the next match and the next one.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Dec 2008 11:43

RL, his mum must of bought him his ticket as he clearly has no idea how the TO allocate them.

As for the atmosphere, IMHO, with the odd exception the team drive it. It's great, as at Bristol when we're winning, and it's crap when we're playing crap.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 11:44

You can't always choose your tickets at away games. You yourself said you were in the middle. Why didn't YOU choose a ticket at the back?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 29 Dec 2008 11:46

WoodleyRoyal
Schards#2

well sit near the front then its as simple as that. i like to stand i paid a fortune if the stewards want me to sit down then fine but no-one came over so i carried on standing and will do at the next match and the next one.

So, to answer my question - no, you don't ever stop and think how inconsiderate you are being.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 29 Dec 2008 11:46

WoodleyRoyal i spent the whole bloody game on my feet (despite complaints from behind me) i was about half way down to the right ,trying to get the atmosphere going almoast single handedley, i kept turning round and trying to get people on there feet but was being looked at as is i had shit on my face, top left were good but the support was dire the bloke behind me even said i'd give up its like a morge i just dont understand why our support is so awfull it was christmas a local game and judging by yates in town centre and a pub closer to the ground a fair few of us whwere there early and drinking.

Oh, I dunno, perhaps individual freewill has something do to with it...awfully noble of you to try and "singlehandedly" whip up the crowd into a frenzy, though.
Many things irritate many people in many different ways at games, but some adolescent loon tanked up on three shandies wheeling round and bellowing into my face when I'm more interested in what is happening on the big bit of grass down at the front tends to put the hackles up, just so as you know.
Last edited by 3 veesinarow on 29 Dec 2008 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 11:47

Woodley Royal - could you let us know what seats you have for all future away games please. Just so we can avoid sitting anywhere near you. :roll:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Dec 2008 11:47

the needs of many outweigh the needs of a few

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Dec 2008 11:48

Royal Lady Woodley Royal - could you let us know what seats you have for all future away games please. Just so we can avoid sitting anywhere near you. :roll:

your alright at cardiff its terracing but i will let you no when i get my swansea tickets

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2008 11:48

Look, no-one needed YOU to stand up all game and try and get them to sing. Do you understand this??

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 29 Dec 2008 11:49

And herein lies the rub, atmosphere from the fans is a big part of the football experience, but things have changed, money is all important, and clubs try to maximise that income. Therefore it is reserved seating, as unreserved loses 10% of the capacity.

Tickets are usually sold from a box, top first, so asking for seat at front, back for away games is not possible.

Even at exciting moments standing can cause problems for many, especially the elderly and infirm, including my dad, he is unable to stand at exciting moments, so has missed a few goals in the last few years.

Personally I like the singng, but for the young lads on here to make a big deal is nonsense, Y26 is silent compared to the old South Bank, why I wonder?

Perhaps because unless they are standing they find it impossible to sing, rather annoy the stewrards than sing. Perhaps because they prefer to goad the away fans more than support the Team

The lot up by the drummer give better support, and I cant stand the drummer.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 29 Dec 2008 11:50

WoodleyRoyal the needs of many outweigh the needs of a few

So sit down then, which is what the vast majority choose to do.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Dec 2008 11:50

3 veesinarow
WoodleyRoyal i spent the whole bloody game on my feet (despite complaints from behind me) i was about half way down to the right ,trying to get the atmosphere going almoast single handedley, i kept turning round and trying to get people on there feet but was being looked at as is i had shit on my face, top left were good but the support was dire the bloke behind me even said i'd give up its like a morge i just dont understand why our support is so awfull it was christmas a local game and judging by yates in town centre and a pub closer to the ground a fair few of us whwere there early and drinking.

Oh, I dunno, perhaps individual freewill has something do to with it...awfully noble of you to try and "singlehandedly" whip up the crowd into a frenzy, though.
Many things irritate many people in mnay different ways at games, but some adolescent loon tanked up on three shandies wheeling round and bellowing into my face when I'm more interested in what is happening on the big bit of grass down at the front tends to put the hackles up, just so as you know.

really with an avatar of homer with a abeer in his hand and a user name of 3veesinarow

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 29 Dec 2008 11:52

Your point there is...what?

255 posts