Watford on Friday...

180 posts
Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who's close to sacking tonights game off?

by Thaumagurist* » 09 Jan 2009 15:09

I was going to go, but then I looked at the fixture list and decided I'd go to the Wolves game on the 27th instead and stay in to watch the game on Sky instead.

East Stand Royal 500

by East Stand Royal 500 » 09 Jan 2009 15:11

bracknell loyal royal!
East Stand Royal 500 All those empty season ticket seats will still be counted towards tonight's gate, though! Does anyone keep a tally of actual bums on seats?

I don't think they do, i'm guessing the count is from the tickets scanned through at the gate..?

I don't have enough fingers to do the arithmetic and am afraid I might lose some to frostbite if I tried. I'm basing my assumption by the wholly unlikely numbers that have been announced at a couple of the early season games (when people were still on holiday) and some of the evening games.

I will be there, though!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Jan 2009 15:12

Thames
brendywendy im going, wearing three jackets a jumper and a t shirt, gloves scarf, hat etc
then im hoping to dump all that in my caqr and go out in reading and the after dark on the piss

Who you going down the AD with mate?

was supposed to be going with a mate, but hes just blown it out, and the footy , saying "he has given up drinking"
or some such madness

so now i dont knbow what im going to do

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Jan 2009 15:13

East Stand Royal 500 All those empty season ticket seats will still be counted towards tonight's gate, though! Does anyone keep a tally of actual bums on seats?

thats definitely not true

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Jan 2009 15:13

East Stand Royal 500
bracknell loyal royal!

I don't think they do, i'm guessing the count is from the tickets scanned through at the gate..?

I don't have enough fingers to do the arithmetic and am afraid I might lose some to frostbite if I tried. I'm basing my assumption by the wholly unlikely numbers that have been announced at a couple of the early season games (when people were still on holiday) and some of the evening games.

I will be there, though!

It ony counts if you actually swipe your ticket.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 09 Jan 2009 15:23

Lowest gate for a few years I recon. Anyone know how many Watford will be there tonight?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Jan 2009 15:27

Its cold weather ffs. I hope its an amazing game tonight just to laught all the sad bastards that are staying in to watch it when they could be going.

Some fans dont have the oportunity to watch Reading play, so you should take advantage of it. :roll: pLOLasticerzzz

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 09 Jan 2009 15:28

Hip flask primed, thermals at the ready, enough finance for a gallon of Bovril. Weekends difficult these days so have to make the effort.

Await the start of tonight's thread " Back from the armchair".

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 09 Jan 2009 15:38

Ha.

Opinions made live from the transistor radio.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jan 2009 15:41

I'll be there tonight - taking my nan and grandad as it mys grandad's b'day today as well.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Jan 2009 15:42

Maguire There's no way on God's earth I'd go to the game tonight. I'm even debating whether the 8 minute walk to the Nag's is worth it :-S

Your missus is harder than you

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Jan 2009 15:42

SLAMMED Its cold weather ffs. I hope its an amazing game tonight just to laught all the sad bastards that are staying in to watch it when they could be going.

Some fans dont have the oportunity to watch Reading play, so you should take advantage of it. :roll: pLOLasticerzzz

Or they are people who just after Xmas have far more priorities than sitting in a quite literally freezing stadium watching a game that is on the telly anyway.

I will be there as I have a season ticket, that is the only reason I will be there. Fingers x'd it's good tonight to warm us up!!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 09 Jan 2009 15:50

FiNeRaIn
floyd__streete How can you even consider missing another classic installment in the always tedious series of fixtures between Reading and Watford? What a bloody awful choice for a tv game, feck off SKY.

Completely agree, who actually picks the games they show? Its going to be one of the worst adverts for championship football ever seen. Watford have no ambition to come here and play football, we haven;t got the ability to deal with that, it'll be a shocker.
Finerain in accurate use of the expression 'no ambition' shock.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 09 Jan 2009 15:54

I will be there, though![/quote]

It ony counts if you actually swipe your ticket.[/quote]

But we had supposed capacity crowds in Prem seasons when there were hundreds of empty seats in stadium ????

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 09 Jan 2009 15:55

OLLIE KEARNS I will be there, though!

It ony counts if you actually swipe your ticket.[/quote]

But we had supposed capacity crowds in Prem seasons when there were hundreds of empty seats in stadium ????[/quote]

Well that's because the tickets would have been sold, the differing numbers of the attendance and the 'sell out' is due to those people with tickets not turning up.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 09 Jan 2009 15:56

Deffo going, i didnt buy my season ticket, to not go to a game when its cold :roll:

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 09 Jan 2009 16:06

Alan Partridge

But we had supposed capacity crowds in Prem seasons when there were hundreds of empty seats in stadium ????[/quote]

Well that's because the tickets would have been sold, the differing numbers of the attendance and the 'sell out' is due to those people with tickets not turning up.[/quote]

AP, I agree but others were of the opinion that a person only registers as being there if they swipe their card. I think they count all season ticket holders regardless of whether they actually attend which is why they'll announce a crowd of 16,000 tonight when there are only actually 2,156 people there :)

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Jan 2009 16:09

i once went to see farnborough town (against both my will and my better judgement) vs. bognor regis in an fa trophy tie in january. it dipped to -6 below just before half time and didnt get any warmer throughout the 2nd half or the 2 mile walk home. needless to say there was nothing going on on the pitch to warm the cockles and just a short sleeved footy shirt left me feeling quite blue...as, again, did the quality of the football.

point, i suppose, being....erm...its never too cold to go and watch a game?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 09 Jan 2009 16:11

OLLIE KEARNS
Alan Partridge

But we had supposed capacity crowds in Prem seasons when there were hundreds of empty seats in stadium ????

Well that's because the tickets would have been sold, the differing numbers of the attendance and the 'sell out' is due to those people with tickets not turning up.[/quote]

AP, I agree but others were of the opinion that a person only registers as being there if they swipe their card. I think they count all season ticket holders regardless of whether they actually attend which is why they'll announce a crowd of 16,000 tonight when there are only actually 2,156 people there :)[/quote]

Hehe 'thank you for your support this evening' :P

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 09 Jan 2009 16:20

Game potentially too crap .. fair enough.

But too cold? Shameful.

180 posts