Season ticket beifet survey

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Season ticket beifet survey

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2009 12:35

anyone recieved this? are the club trying to piss us off or what?Te bloody benifets were an absolute f'ing disgrace,and to send a survey out about it is just taking the biscuit. I have passsed my displeasure to the club, this season has been totally geared toward new members or fairweather fans not towards theloyal season ticket holders renewing there season tickets after relegation. All these pay on the day discounts like book before this date and get x amount off and pay for these two games and get this one free make a mockery of the season ticket which is supposed to work out cheaper than paying for each game induvidually.well all these deals means that there not much difference at all. What to stop me now next season cherry picking the best home games to go to and miss all the shit ones out as i have over 1000 royalty points in in the top bracket so get first dibbs on a ticket anyway

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season ticket beifet survey

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Jan 2009 12:48

WoodleyRoyal anyone recieved this? are the club trying to piss us off or what?Te bloody benifets were an absolute f'ing disgrace,and to send a survey out about it is just taking the biscuit. I have passsed my displeasure to the club, this season has been totally geared toward new members or fairweather fans not towards theloyal season ticket holders renewing there season tickets after relegation. All these pay on the day discounts like book before this date and get x amount off and pay for these two games and get this one free make a mockery of the season ticket which is supposed to work out cheaper than paying for each game induvidually.well all these deals means that there not much difference at all. What to stop me now next season cherry picking the best home games to go to and miss all the shit ones out as i have over 1000 royalty points in in the top bracket so get first dibbs on a ticket anyway

Why do so many people find this a surprise this season? it is not new!

Prior to our 1st premiership season the season ticket worked out at 3 games benefit over paying for every game with the "purchase online in advance" option (in those days it was £17) and there were never problems getting a ticket.

So for people who went to most games buy in advance has usually been a cheaper option than buying a season ticket.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2009 12:51

which is wrong as i say they can cherry pick the best games a season ticket holder has to go to all

oh and why quote what ive said who else are you replying too :roll:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 Jan 2009 12:57

Enjoy the prem from the top of the south stand, dunno where you usually sit, but be prepared to shuffle from game to game.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Jan 2009 12:57

...who else might get in first.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 23 Jan 2009 12:57

Well dosent show Loyalt to us ST Holders

But i still prefer to go to everygame with a Season Ticket than cherry pick the best ones

Proves why we have so many glory supporters tohugh

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Jan 2009 12:58

WoodleyRoyal which is wrong as i say they can cherry pick the best games a season ticket holder has to go to all

oh and why quote what ive said who else are you replying too :roll:

Because you never know...

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Jan 2009 12:58

when tickets are not difficult to come by of course you can cherry pick

without a VERY cheap season ticket or VERY expensive game by game basis option then it will always work out cheaper to cherry pick.

The club is loooking to maximise its revenue. Do we really want to say to the 18000 thanks very much and then completely price out the "casual supporter"

Or do we want to significanlty reduce our season ticket revenue buy slashing the prices even further, meaning the club would have to identify other ways of making up that loss?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2009 13:08

well they dont have to reduce any prices they can just give us some benifets which are actually worth while, rather than a school rucksack worth 50p you know show that season ticket holders are valued by the club, instead of giving us a primark scalf at the beggining of the season "that will shut em up"

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 23 Jan 2009 13:13

I am sure that when I was living in Woodley there were schools that taught the art of written English.

I have season ticket because it not only guarantees me a seat it guarantees me a specific one. I could buy in advance for each game but I might end up in 23 different seats around the ground and strugle to sit with my father, my daughter and the rest of my clan. It is a no brainer really - which ought to work for you as you fit into that bracket quite well judging by the tone of your posts.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 23 Jan 2009 13:13

Yes I received it yesterday and sent it back straight away. Personally I welcomed the chance to say that the so called benefits are pathetic. The free scarf and Waitrose voucher were OK but even then you could get a voucher for twice the amount merely by buying the Daily Mail a week or so afterwards. The rest are of no value to me and I only buy an ST for 2 reasons. Mainly to reserve my favourite seat and secondly to be able to drink in the Jazz Cafe prior to the match.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2009 13:20

Well done not only can you spell you have such a boring life you feel it your duty to find people who couldn't really give a flying oxf*rd what there spelling is considering im at work im posting inbetween my boss coming in so no time to go back through and read, but why bother all us bad spellers have people like you to check on our mistakes. well done you truley are a remarkable man your providing a great service and i forever be in debt to you superior spelling capabillitys well done well done indeed

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Jan 2009 13:24

WoodleyRoyal Well done not only can you spell you have such a boring life you feel it your duty to find people who couldn't really give a flying oxf*rd what there spelling is considering im at work im posting inbetween my boss coming in so no time to go back through and read, but why bother all us bad spellers have people like you to check on our mistakes. well done you truley are a remarkable man your providing a great service and i forever be in debt to you superior spelling capabillitys well done well done indeed

The thing that you'll find in life is that when you post a rant like this with strangely spelt words and no punctuation it's such an effort for anyone reading it to make any sense of it that no-one will bother to try and decipher it.

In other words, if you want to have your views taken seriously you have to put in a little effort to communicate them effectively.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2009 13:29

i completely understand that dirk, im just lazy rather than stupid but what about people who are genuinley stupid? who dont no how to spell are they not aloud to post? If david beckham were to post on here would people dimiss his comments due to his spelling?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Jan 2009 13:36

WoodleyRoyal i completely understand that dirk, im just lazy rather than stupid but what about people who are genuinley stupid? who dont no how to spell are they not aloud to post? If david beckham were to post on here would people dimiss his comments due to his spelling?

Every is allowed to post, no matted what volume they do it at. But the same applies - if anyone wants to have their views taken seriously they have to present them in a credible way, and that may mean making the effort not to be lazy. In other words showing some respect for the people they are trying to communicate with.

After all, no-one trying to make sense of them can know if it's down to laziness or stupidity, and they don't really care - why should they? They just skip onto the next post that is clear, without knowing who any posts are being made by. All we have to go on is the words posted. Make the effort to make them count if you want to be taken seriously!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2009 13:37

If only there was a way to express your disappointment to the club about the benefits of being a STH, a problem that has been exacerbated by this ridicuous survey

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 14:49

I'm struggling with the idea that you are really annoyed by this yet are too lazy to actually put together a sensible post !

benefits of a season ticket for me:

- same seat every game along with the other STH I go to games with
- same seat next season whatever division we're in
- no need to waste time booking seats at 25+ games a season
- small cost saving
- seat for any cup game, no matter who we play

scarves, vouchers etc are almost irrelevant and I'm not sure what other free benefits people expect.

I'd also rather see seats full in the ground than me be able to laugh at empty seats whilst I save 50p a game over those who want match tickets.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 23 Jan 2009 15:25

Sun Tzu I'm struggling with the idea that you are really annoyed by this yet are too lazy to actually put together a sensible post !

benefits of a season ticket for me:

- same seat every game along with the other STH I go to games with
- same seat next season whatever division we're in
- no need to waste time booking seats at 25+ games a season
- small cost saving
- seat for any cup game, no matter who we play

scarves, vouchers etc are almost irrelevant and I'm not sure what other free benefits people expect.

I'd also rather see seats full in the ground than me be able to laugh at empty seats whilst I save 50p a game over those who want match tickets.

+1

Says it all really. (Oh, and it is written in coherent and legible English, which is another + point).

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Jan 2009 15:29

Come on guys and girls - surely the knack in answering these sort of surveys is to convince the marketeers that you can be bought! That way, you may well receive a nice little bribe out of them!

So, forget the real reasons why you buy a season ticket: You were influenced in your decision to buy a season ticket by the freebies on offer. You were slightly disappointed by the quality of the freebies so far received, and your decision whether or not to buy a season ticket next time around will be very greatly influenced by the freebies offered!! :wink:

Likewise store loyalty cards are used to spot previously 'loyal' customers who may be venturing elsewhere. So switch your regular shopping from Tesco to Sainsbury's and you will probably find a bunch of special offers from Tesco winging your way. A bit later, switch from Sainsbury's and you're likely to find them trying to buy their way back into your affections!

People can do very nicely out of promotions, loyalty cards etc. if they understand the way marketeers go about using them in an attempt to secure their custom.

BTW Club Sponsors Waitrose, send me a few more of those very nice £10 off £50 (IIRC) vouchers and I will happily turn my back on both Tesco and Sainsbury's!!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2009 15:59

judging by the fact i have well over 1000 royalty points would suggest that i will renewing my season ticket regardless of promo's, i never stated i wouldn't. Not all of us can afford to shop at waitrose even with £10 off every 50 you spend 50 quid a waitrose buys you a packet of crisps. Once again a thread has gone off topic by people complaining about spelling :roll: