Season ticket beifet survey

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Season ticket beifet survey

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2009 16:02

If this thread has gone off topic, what topic did it start on?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 16:19

WoodleyRoyal judging by the fact i have well over 1000 royalty points would suggest that i will renewing my season ticket regardless of promo's, i never stated i wouldn't. Not all of us can afford to shop at waitrose even with £10 off every 50 you spend 50 quid a waitrose buys you a packet of crisps. Once again a thread has gone off topic by people complaining about spelling :roll:

OK, so the offers aren't of interest , you don't buy a ST for financial reasons and you plan to renew next season.

So what is the problem ?

Surely you buy a ST to watch football, anything else is a bonus.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2009 16:33

indeed but the point im trying to make is the loyal fans get stiched over buy fairweather fans cause thats all the club seems to care about

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 Jan 2009 16:34

Did you know mr tzu, that if you put your user name in to check for anagrams, there are none??

I thought this thread needed a little direction.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 Jan 2009 16:39

whereas if you run Woodley Royal through you get the following, among many.

Royally Wooed
Ad Yore Woolly
Loyaler Do Yow
Layer Do Wooly
Yearly Wood Lo
Yearly Wood Lo
Royally Do Owe
Ya Red Lo Wooly

ps this thread must be a wind up??

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2009 16:44

wum's rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Jan 2009 16:45

Woodley Royal wrote:
indeed but the point im trying to make is the loyal fans get stiched over buy fairweather fans cause thats all the club seems to care about

Totally agree WR, prime examples are ticket discount for games ie: Preston coming up.

Season Ticket holders pay good money up front... £10 off a league of FA cup game would be a nice gesture or even better free entry just like Birmingham did for their FA cup game against Wolves.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 16:48

How could we have got free entry to an FA Cup game this season ?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Jan 2009 16:50

Sun Tzu How could we have got free entry to an FA Cup game this season ?

We could have done had SC taken the competition seriously! :wink:

Failing that EON are offering free tickets to some of their customers!!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 23 Jan 2009 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 16:50

WoodleyRoyal indeed but the point im trying to make is the loyal fans get stiched over buy fairweather fans cause thats all the club seems to care about

How do we get 'stitched up' ?

There have been promotions for years with special ticket offers. You buy your season ticket in full knowledge that this will happen so presumably you decide that it's worth buying it.

What part of that involves any kind of 'stitch up' ?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Jan 2009 17:37

And why is someone else's good fortune your bad fortune?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 23 Jan 2009 17:54

Silver Fox If this thread has gone off topic, what topic did it start on?

Apparently it was about beifet surveys, you may know what that is? I am at a loss.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 23 Jan 2009 17:56

The Real Sandhurst Royal Woodley Royal wrote:

Totally agree WR, prime examples are ticket discount for games ie: Preston coming up.

Season Ticket holders pay good money up front... £10 off a league of FA cup game would be a nice gesture or even better free entry just like Birmingham did for their FA cup game against Wolves.

How can you agree with a random collection of letters that doesn't actually mean anything?

coyrls

by coyrls » 23 Jan 2009 18:04

I hope it was a multiple choice survey that didn't ask for written comments.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 23 Jan 2009 18:10

I tried to be constructive with my mildly critical reply. I couldn't really care less about vouchers and just want certainty of enjoying my usual seat with my two kids. Much the same as others having read some of the posts.
However, the kids deal is poor from my perspective. They offer all sorts of kids for a quid deals etc so I'd be pretty sure I pay a lot more for a season ticket than if I bought every game individually. What then annoys me is that they try to get another £10 out of me for them to join the Junior Royals. My suggestion was simply that all under 16 season ticket holders should get free and automatic membership of the Junior Royals.

coyrls

by coyrls » 23 Jan 2009 18:15

OLLIE KEARNS My suggestion was simply that all under 16 season ticket holders should get free and automatic membership of the Junior Royals.

Which used to be the case. I agree that would be a good benefit to (re)offer. I also agree that financially you lose more with a kids season ticket (even before you take into account the fact that if they are young, they will rarely go to evening games).

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 23 Jan 2009 18:21

coyrls
OLLIE KEARNS My suggestion was simply that all under 16 season ticket holders should get free and automatic membership of the Junior Royals.

Which used to be the case. I agree that would be a good benefit to (re)offer. I also agree that financially you lose more with a kids season ticket (even before you take into account the fact that if they are young, they will rarely go to evening games).

I make mine stay up late so we get our moneys worth :evil: Their Mum complains but they love it :)

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 19:40

Kids ST work out at 3.70 / game I think with match price £11.50 in advance.

I reckon for it to work out cheaper to buy each match there would need to be about 15 kid for a quid games (happy to have the maths corrected !!)

I would agree that it is the evening games that mess the kids costings up - especially when Saturday games get switch for TV. Not sure how they can compensate for that to be honest.

Would agree with the Young Royals / u16 STH being combined.

As a matter of principle (and nothing to do with the fact that I have 2 U16 STH to pay for !) I think the cost of junior tickets should be kept right to the lowest possible. Grab em young....

66DD

by 66DD » 23 Jan 2009 19:43

OLLIE KEARNS However, the kids deal is poor from my perspective. They offer all sorts of kids for a quid deals etc so I'd be pretty sure I pay a lot more for a season ticket than if I bought every game individually. What then annoys me is that they try to get another £10 out of me for them to join the Junior Royals. My suggestion was simply that all under 16 season ticket holders should get free and automatic membership of the Junior Royals.

I certainly agree with this. My Grandson's season ticket has cost me £170 more than it would have done if I had just bought him to cherrypicked games. However, I accept that even though it's a bad deal as he now has a "guaranteed" seat for the future when we become a fully established Premier League side; start to win cups and get into Europe and he has started to accrue Roylaty points, which may or may not be a benefit in the future. However, free memembership of the Junior Royals as a perk of holding a season ticket would be welcome.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 19:46

Sun Tzu Kids ST work out at 3.70 / game I think with match price £11.50 in advance.

I reckon for it to work out cheaper to buy each match there would need to be about 15 kid for a quid games (happy to have the maths corrected !!)

I would agree that it is the evening games that mess the kids costings up - especially when Saturday games get switch for TV. Not sure how they can compensate for that to be honest.

Would agree with the Young Royals / u16 STH being combined.

As a matter of principle (and nothing to do with the fact that I have 2 U16 STH to pay for !) I think the cost of junior tickets should be kept right to the lowest possible. Grab em young....

Scrap most of that didn;t read the OS properly and of course it is HALF season ticket prices they are now showing !!

Not sure how DD has paid £170 more though - doesn;t that assume that there would have been no games worth cherry picking ?