Back from Plymouth

North Somerset Royal

Back from Plymouth

by North Somerset Royal » 28 Dec 2009 20:09

A complete capitulation and so disappointing after the last two games. Once again we were victims of a very harsh penalty decision early on but this time we did not show the fighting spirit that we did at Briatol. We seemed to be very jittery from the start and it didnt help that the pitch was terrible and cut up very quickly. This made it difficult for our wide men to get any decent balls in and Church & Long up front were totally ineffective. We looked a bit better at the start of the second half having taken off Marek for Kebe and with Sigi going to centre midfield where I think he is far more effective and when we pulled one back I thought we might do something. However they soon restored their lead and that was that.

jonnyroyal1871

Back from the game..

by jonnyroyal1871 » 28 Dec 2009 20:09

Couldn't see a thread, so -

Depressing really would be the word. From the soulless half built ground, to the crowing inbreds, to the freezing climate, to the guy who got horribly manhandled across seats by bullying stewards..And thats before the performance, if you can call it that.

My brief thoughts, Ingi exposed for pace for a definite penalty. At no point did we look able to deal with the big man / quick small man combo they had. Pearce has the turning circle of a warship. Long has totally lost it. I mean totally and utterly.. Sigi is a footballer, and there was very little on show from us today. I haven't felt so football miserable since Tranmere 0-6.

Funny really, full proper full circle for me (as for a lot of you I guess) from zero, to hero, and we are in serious danger of going back to where we started. This team is not much above TB2 standard. We look close to relegation fodder.

North Somerset Royal

Re: Back from Plymouth

by North Somerset Royal » 28 Dec 2009 20:25

I certainly agree with you about Long but in truth Raziak was no better and I dont think any of the players came out of it with any credit today. None of them seemed up for it. As you say the atmosphere was also terrible, the stewards seemed to be out to cause problems and the disturbance they sparked off in the second half caused me to miss one of the goals! Probably the worst away day this season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2009 20:30

Apologies for posting with an agenda, but nice to see someone at the ground agreeing with my assessment of the second half.

Suck that up Finerain and one of the tedious "loyal royals"

Sorry you guys had to suffer through that showing. Sounded like a shower of shit.

The ultimate question: Better or worse than QPR?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Dec 2009 20:33

North Somerset Royal I certainly agree with you about Long but in truth Raziak was no better and I dont think any of the players came out of it with any credit today. None of them seemed up for it. As you say the atmosphere was also terrible, the stewards seemed to be out to cause problems and the disturbance they sparked off in the second half caused me to miss one of the goals! Probably the worst away day this season.

Was not there but just wondered if the players were just totally knackered after their efforts against Swansea just 2 days ago? If so would it not have been better to play fresh players - not that we have many to choose from. I know Plymouth also played 2 days ago but it is always easier to play the second game at home.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 28 Dec 2009 20:35

Worse than QPR Ian! Yes it may have been wiser to have some fresh legs especially as the ground was so heavy.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 28 Dec 2009 20:35

andrew1957 Was not there but just wondered if the players were just totally knackered after their efforts against Swansea just 2 days ago? If so would it not have been better to play fresh players - not that we have many to choose from. I know Plymouth also played 2 days ago but it is always easier to play the second game at home.

What utter sh*t that is. Nice try of excuse tho. How about, our players simply arent good enough and RTG's seem to class a draw at home a good result.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2009 20:37

North Somerset Royal Worse than QPR Ian! Yes it may have been wiser to have some fresh legs especially as the ground was so heavy.

Then you really have my sympathy, because QPR was atrocious.

jonnyroyal1871

by jonnyroyal1871 » 28 Dec 2009 20:47

I would go back 10 years + for anything as uncaring, inept, and clueless as that. Plymouth have slightly found there legs since Mariner came, but they are not good at all. We made them look an upper mid table team. Which obviously they are not. I'm not prone to knee jerk reactions, either for or against the RTG brigade, I try and deal with things realistically, as I see them, and we are generally poor, with an ability to play some nice looking keep ball occasioanally, with little end product. The problem is the all important 'spine' Ingi is gone, we have little in cm, and our strikers inspire no confidence. Anybody not genuinely worried about another relegation is not living on the same planet as the rest of us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Dec 2009 20:49

had to lol with an awayday supporter who (on the BBCB phone-in) said..............he was stuck in the PAFC car park............and that had been the highlight of his day

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 28 Dec 2009 20:55

Anybody else see the 2 cars on fire on the Northbound M5 on the way down to Plymouth, really hope nobody was trapped in them as when we passed the fire brigade had not arrived. I could feel the heat from the flames through the window as we whizzed past.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 28 Dec 2009 20:56

BenReadingFC Anybody else see the 2 cars on fire on the Northbound M5 on the way down to Plymouth, really hope nobody was trapped in them as when we passed the fire brigade had not arrived. I could feel the heat from the flames through the window as we whizzed past.

didn't try and be a hero then? :wink:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 20:57

Ian Royal Apologies for posting with an agenda, but nice to see someone at the ground agreeing with my assessment of the second half.

Suck that up Finerain and one of the tedious "loyal royals"

Oh stop trying to point score you child. I don't believe I even conversed with you once today over the second half performance. Simply that we are crap, madejski needs to go and we need to protest at liverpool to make our voices heard to the board.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 28 Dec 2009 21:03

how Reading went down today?

royal_ali

by royal_ali » 28 Dec 2009 21:18

One word to some up todays preformance. EMBARRASSING.

We were outplayed and outscored by properly the worst team in the league.
Last edited by royal_ali on 28 Dec 2009 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 28 Dec 2009 21:20

............that's us though

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 28 Dec 2009 21:21

Royal Ali wrote;
One word to some up todays preformance. EMBRASSING.

Did you mean to quote EMBRASSING or should it have been Embarrassing!!

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 28 Dec 2009 21:26

The Sig is the only player I would embrace at the moment.

madmickb

by madmickb » 28 Dec 2009 21:27

Hammonds interveiw after the game , we have no money to buy players in the transfer window' that means we are totally in the sh*t and doomed to league 1 football next
season

nappa

by nappa » 28 Dec 2009 21:30

Sharpy ............that's us though

well sfuck off then and support another team...seriously...teams are actually effected by how their fans react, so support them regardless or do one!!!