Back from Plymouth

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from Plymouth

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Dec 2009 22:51

Mills was Doncasters Player of the Season last (season obviously)

He was virtually an ever present for them

He has started 7 games for us (scoring in two of them), and being on a (rarely) winning team twice?

MaccyD needs to start him in place of (OMG I cannot believe I'm saying this) Ivar.

BUT........I am sure there are other issues.................such as paying off Doncaster when he reaches a certain number of starts.............we have seemingly wasted both his and our time

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 22:54

AthleticoSpizz
BUT........I am sure there are other issues.................such as paying off Doncaster when he reaches a certain number of starts.............we have seemingly wasted both his and our time

I think that could be nail on the head. All the signs coming out of the club now is that our situation is so desperate we are heading for adminstration? I'd like to ask how a " well oiled well run club" has fvcked things up so MAJORLY we find ourselves doing a lessds/southampton. Might as well take the -10 now so we can start afresh next season ( with a new chairman) please.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Dec 2009 22:55

At least we learned from the Halford debacle.

Oh..............

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Dec 2009 22:55

AthleticoSpizz Mills was Doncasters Player of the Season last (season obviously)

He was virtually an ever present for them

He has started 7 games for us (scoring in two of them), and being on a (rarely) winning team twice?

MaccyD needs to start him in place of (OMG I cannot believe I'm saying this) Ivar.

Or as transfer fees are paid in installments rather than one lump sum up front, perhaps a payment is due? And he'll be sold in January to cover that payment as Madejski doesn't want to put his hand in his own pocket, knowing full well he has to budget for League 1 football next season :cry:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2009 23:01

The lack of fight is what is completely unacceptable.

McDermott should have driven off in the team coach and left all of the players to find their own way home at their own expense. With any luck they would have ended up on the train with some of our supporters and would have had to explain why they let them down so badly.

dan19

by dan19 » 28 Dec 2009 23:04

RoyalBlue The lack of fight is what is completely unacceptable.

McDermott should have driven off in the team coach and left all of the players to find their own way home at their own expense. With any luck they would have ended up on the train with some of our supporters and would have had to explain why they let them down so badly.

:lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Dec 2009 23:05

There's no way McDermott can drive.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Dec 2009 23:06

Got down there nice and early today in time to look around and check out the seafront - wished I'd stayed there 12 minutes in when Captain Fantastic showed his experience with an utterly ridiculous challenge, after which we were totally outplayed by an utterly atrocious team. Chairman's Choice McDumbmot then brings off the only player capable of stringing passes together in our team in the first half and brings on the second biggest waste of space in our squad (of course Shlong wins that award).

Shambolic from start to finish, no shape, no organisation, no leadership, no spirit or fight, no passing second half, no forwards in our massive squad, no morale (McAnuff's not the same player now Rodgers has gone, he looked totally disinterested today), no performance, no points.

Sort it out Madejski or piss off to your new house with your imaginary woman, sell up to someone who actually has a clue about football and has the foresight to follow a '3 year plan' through so I can get back to enjoying my football again. Thanks.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Dec 2009 23:12

Gotta say.....that's exactly what Martin Allen would've done

MaccyD must've worked with Mad dog in the early years

Mad Dog is available

Haven't we been here before?

windjammer
Location: Now living down in Cornwall, but missing the Royals

by windjammer » 29 Dec 2009 00:11

Living in Cornwall for the last few years we don't get to many games but always make the Argyle games. Previously two entertaining 2-2 draws but this was EMBARRASSING Only one team looked up for the game and it wasn't Reading. No effort or passion. Their mobile front men were far too good for our central defenders, thanls Inga but goodbye. Having said that it looked a soft penalty. They also exploited acres of space down the left. The only brief rally was when we were 2-0 down, but as Argyle soon scored the 3rd and that was it. The only player worthy of any credit at all is Sigurdsson, smart goal and forced one great save out of their keeper. But doubtless he will be sold in Jan. Yes the pitch was heavy but we should have known that, it never has been a good pitch and in late December this is a surprise? Oh and by the way a nice big paved carpark that was FREE Mr Madman.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 29 Dec 2009 00:13

what a difference from seasons ago when glen little scored that immense lob from the right hand side...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:24

Royalee Got down there nice and early today in time to look around and check out the seafront - wished I'd stayed there 12 minutes in when Captain Fantastic showed his experience with an utterly ridiculous challenge, after which we were totally outplayed by an utterly atrocious team. Chairman's Choice McDumbmot then brings off the only player capable of stringing passes together in our team in the first half and brings on the second biggest waste of space in our squad (of course Shlong wins that award).

Shambolic from start to finish, no shape, no organisation, no leadership, no spirit or fight, no passing second half, no forwards in our massive squad, no morale (McAnuff's not the same player now Rodgers has gone, he looked totally disinterested today), no performance, no points.

Sort it out Madejski or piss off to your new house with your imaginary woman, sell up to someone who actually has a clue about football and has the foresight to follow a '3 year plan' through so I can get back to enjoying my football again. Thanks.

:lol:

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 29 Dec 2009 00:27

If one thing comes out of today, it's the fact that all Reading fans know one thing - it's the players, not the manager(s).

However, it was nice that (according to BBCRB) 3 players clapped at the end, and Sigurdsson apologised in his interview.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:30

SteveRoyal If one thing comes out of today, it's the fact that all Reading fans know one thing - it's the players, not the manager(s).

However, it was nice that (according to BBCRB) 3 players clapped at the end, and Sigurdsson apologised in his interview.

It's a combination of a lot of things.

How can you say it's not the manager when McDermott is making essentially the same selection choices as Rodgers? How does that prove anything?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Dec 2009 00:31

Ian Royal
SteveRoyal If one thing comes out of today, it's the fact that all Reading fans know one thing - it's the players, not the manager(s).

How can you say it's not the manager when McDermott is making essentially the same selection choices as Rodgers? How does that prove anything?

what choices does he really have?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Dec 2009 00:32

Ian Royal

Who else should he be playing?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Dec 2009 00:36

Dirk Gently
Ian Royal

Who else should he be playing?

what I said

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:43

Partnerships that work.

Ivar and Pearce too slow. So one of Cisse or Mills with Pearce. Or if you don't like Pearce, Cisse & Mills

Gunnarsson is not fit or fast enough to be a full back, so regardless of how shit he is Cummings is a better bet. So is Cisse. Or what about recalling Davies, if possible? He can certainly get up and down the pitch and has a little experience there.

I understand why we played Long instead of Rasiak today, but with Howard returning and Karacan available, and Plymouth confident after a win, we'd possibly have been better off in this game with one upfront and Kebe & McAnuff on the wings.

Karacan was one of our better performers early season yet has been nowhere. Why Cisse is ahead of him is anyone's guess. I'm assuming size and strength, but that really doesn't make up for the stupidity and lack of skill.

HRK isn't much of a striker, but he's produced a hell of a lot more than Long this season.

There is also the option of recalling and playing Mooney. A man who has at least scored and hasn't eaten all the pies.

There are a fair few options.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 29 Dec 2009 00:43

Should be playing Mills.
That is it.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:45

Hamer