City a MASSIVE draw in Manchester

TheMaraudingDog

City a MASSIVE draw in Manchester

by TheMaraudingDog » 20 Dec 2010 21:09

Chance to be top at Xmas for the first time in 81 years aswell, loads of empty seats, can only be 35k there tops.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: City a MASSIVE draw in Manchester

by NR_Royal » 20 Dec 2010 21:25

This match is the LOLz. :lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Dec 2010 21:31

TheMaraudingDog Chance to be top at Xmas for the first time in 81 years aswell, loads of empty seats, can only be 35k there tops.

45000+ yeah really gone missing!!!

:roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 20 Dec 2010 21:32

FAIL

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 20 Dec 2010 21:40

Are they counting empty seats and not people? There's 2k empty seats behind Howard's goal alone. City, forever the liars.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 20 Dec 2010 22:22

You're a southern-based Manchester United fan, I take it? Have you seen what Manchester's like tonight?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Dec 2010 22:56

To be fair, they did say 45k, but there were definitely less than that there. I would say about 38k at most.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Dec 2010 10:11

No Fixed Abode To be fair, they did say 45k, but there were definitely less than that there. I would say about 38k at most.

Tickets sold, not the number in attendance.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 Dec 2010 10:13

Wycombe Royal
No Fixed Abode To be fair, they did say 45k, but there were definitely less than that there. I would say about 38k at most.

I thought it was automatically done via the turnstiles though?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Dec 2010 10:37

Wycombe Royal

Well done m8.

Skyline

by Skyline » 21 Dec 2010 10:49

TBM
Wycombe Royal

I thought it was automatically done via the turnstiles though?

Thought it was Premier League rules that state 'attendances' have to be done as tickets sold. So if you buy a ticket (or have a season ticket) you are automatically counted as being at the game, whether you make it or not.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Dec 2010 10:57

Yep it's a PL regulation that attendances are reported as total tickets sold - so any season-ticket holders who don't turn up or anyone else who has an individual ticket will be counted.

The ground authorities will have the actual numbers present in each enclosure, but they won't report them.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 21 Dec 2010 11:38

Hey, Surrey Red up there. How's that protest of paying £40 to sit defiantly in different-colored scarves going? About as well as the Red Knights one did?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 21 Dec 2010 12:03

TheMaraudingDog Chance to be top at Xmas for the first time in 81 years aswell, loads of empty seats, can only be 35k there tops.

More importantly, they didn't make it too the top !!

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 21 Dec 2010 12:07

Svlad Cjelli Yep it's a PL regulation that attendances are reported as total tickets sold - so any season-ticket holders who don't turn up or anyone else who has an individual ticket will be counted.

The ground authorities will have the actual numbers present in each enclosure, but they won't report them.

Pretty sure that applies to all levels of the game, right down to non league.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Dec 2010 12:12

Tony Le Mesmer
Svlad Cjelli Yep it's a PL regulation that attendances are reported as total tickets sold - so any season-ticket holders who don't turn up or anyone else who has an individual ticket will be counted.

Don't think so - unless it's changed in the last couple of years, the FL allowed clubs the option to report whichever they preferred - actual attendance or tickets sold. Until RFC was promoted, we always used to report actual attendance, then the PL made us change to tickets sold, and we've never changed back.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 21 Dec 2010 12:28

Svlad Cjelli
Tony Le Mesmer

Don't think so - unless it's changed in the last couple of years, the FL allowed clubs the option to report whichever they preferred - actual attendance or tickets sold. Until RFC was promoted, we always used to report actual attendance, then the PL made us change to tickets sold, and we've never changed back.

Well, I know that Maidenhead Utd annouce tickets sold. And at Burnley a few years back, before the were in the Prem, they announced both with the official attendance being tickets sold.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 21 Dec 2010 12:32

Svlad Cjelli Yep it's a PL regulation that attendances are reported as total tickets sold

More spin to aide the "Premier League is the best league in the world" mantra? Or some other reason?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Dec 2010 12:35

T.R.O.L.I.
Svlad Cjelli Yep it's a PL regulation that attendances are reported as total tickets sold

More spin to aide the "Premier League is the best league in the world" mantra? Or some other reason?

Just that, I think - make the attendances at places like Blackburn & Boro (as was) look better.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Dec 2010 13:02

I'm sure it's the case in the Football League also. There were only about 12,000 at the Mad Stad for ther Cov game last week.