HRK vs Antonio

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

HRK vs Antonio

by ayjaydee » 07 May 2011 16:37

For all those that were questioning why HRK keeps getting picked above Antonio I think today has settled the issue.

HRK was man of the match by a country mile, pacey purposeful runs with end product, his passing was excellent, very rarely wasted a ball and got a deserved goal. If he continues improving he could be the real deal.

On the other hand Antonio was awful. I have still yet to see a footballer in him.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: HRK vs Antonio

by Royal Rother » 07 May 2011 16:51

That's good to hear.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 07 May 2011 16:58

ayjaydee For all those that were questioning why HRK keeps getting picked above Antonio I think today has settled the issue.

HRK was man of the match by a country mile, pacey purposeful runs with end product, his passing was excellent, very rarely wasted a ball and got a deserved goal. If he continues improving he could be the real deal.

On the other hand Antonio was awful. I have still yet to see a footballer in him.

Agree. HRK was good today. BM was talking to him non-stop during the 2nd half, he loves him!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 May 2011 17:00

Fair play to Robson-Kanu, he's come on massively of late - man of the match by miles today as mentioned. I still think Antonio needs game as he looked awesome at Southampton when he got a run so I guess we're lucky to have 2 very good back-up wingers.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 07 May 2011 17:02

Massively impressed by Shaun Cummings today - looked good and strong at the back and confident going forward.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 07 May 2011 17:07

Antonio just looks rather lazy, he needs to work a lot harder and keep concentrating. You need more than a long throw to make a top player. Reminds me a bit of Omar Daley, loads of step overs, but no end product.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 07 May 2011 17:08

Cummings was MOTM today but HRK was very impressive. Antonio on the other hand was woeful, offered absolutely nothing. I hope for his sake that was a one off because if it isn't the he has no future at this club.

Cummings, Pearce, HRK & Tabb all pressed their claims for a spot in the side next week. Just a shame Church and Antonio weren't able to the same

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 07 May 2011 17:11

Where did Taylor play when he came on? Could he feasibly overtake Antonio next season?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 May 2011 17:15

rhroyal Where did Taylor play when he came on? Could he feasibly overtake Antonio next season?

He played on the right and looked comfortable...good footballer - a bit disappointed he hasn't featured more this year (although he's been injured a bit) give his pre-season.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 07 May 2011 17:32

Glad to see HRK Finally getting some recognition and Antonio showing exactly why he's not starting. Jake Taylor looked good when he came on but he's not a right midfielder/winger though. I'd like to see him play in his natural postion though, which is up front but behind the striker.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 07 May 2011 17:37

From the matches I have gone to this season HRK is miles better than Antonio.

HRK seems to have some glimmers of hope, and with a bit of care and attention could be a decent back up winger. Antonio in my eyes, seems to use his strength when running anywhere and pushes past, and if he 'skims' anyone, it's due to a bit of luck confusing the opponent as to wear the ball is.

Forty

by Forty » 07 May 2011 17:48

I must have been watching a different game. HRK - BBC Berks comment was 'best game in a reading shirt'. Agreed, however the debate surely isn't HRK vs Antonio, it's surely more McNotEnuff vs HRK vs Antonio. Antonio, who looks so raw and so mentally fragile still produced more this game than McNot has since Christmas. If Long and Hunt had been playing rather than Manset and Church, he would have been much more appreciated.

I suppose Antonio looks rather like HRK did 2 years ago, albeit with a much greater physical presence. If I'm McNot, I'm trying very hard during training this week. Well done HRK

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 07 May 2011 18:04

Great performance by HRK today and Jake Taylor could be the next Siggy! HRK - loads of confidence, Antonio - no confidence at all.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 May 2011 18:14

Forty, McAnuff isn't as spectacular as the other wingers but his workrate and end product (he was poor the other day but still created our two goals) are more consistent. You can't have both wingers being hot and cold players. McAnuff is consistantly a 7/10 performer and never let's down his fullback by over committing up front, being poor positionally or through pure laziness.

Robson-Kanu had a very good game today and he has been putting in some better performances as he's played more (Kebe's absence helping him there) but he's still inconsistent and looks to outmuscle defenders instead of using his brain or skills too much for my liking. Half decent backup but not good enough at the moment to hold down a first team place.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 May 2011 18:21

Royalee
rhroyal Where did Taylor play when he came on? Could he feasibly overtake Antonio next season?

He played on the right and looked comfortable...good footballer - a bit disappointed he hasn't featured more this year (although he's been injured a bit) give his pre-season.

...but HRK and Taylor are Welsh so that makes them vermin according to you. You don't want vermin playing for the club surely?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 07 May 2011 18:53

PEARCEY
Royalee

...but HRK and Taylor are Welsh so that makes them vermin according to you. You don't want vermin playing for the club surely?

Aha! But, like Robbie Savage, they are 'English Welsh'. :lol:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 May 2011 18:54

:lol:

Optimist

by Optimist » 07 May 2011 19:07

Absolutely gutted for Antonio! Lost my patience with HRK a few times this season and was pleading for Antonio to get a start but yeah he was woeful today and HRK has really stepped up a gear. I hope BM gives Antonio a game up front during pre-season, as thats where he played (and played well) at Southampton. Might be another Nathan Tyson, average player out on the wing here before getting sold on and his new club realise he's more of a striker and his career kick-starts.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 07 May 2011 19:09

We missed out on selling Antonio to Southampton we should have cashed in while we could.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 07 May 2011 19:32

You could tell by the Antonio trudged off when he was subbed that he felt he'd blown his chance to impress. I'm sure he would have been disappointed with his performance today