Robbie Savage......

Medusa?

Re: Robbie Savage......

by Medusa? » 07 May 2011 21:25

Forty Savage: part of this side....

Leicester City: Flowers, Sinclair, Elliott, Taggart, Savage, Guppy, Izzet, Lennon, Oakes, Heskey, Cottee.
Substitutes: Arphexad, Marshall, Zagorakis, Gilchrist, Impey

My second team - O'Neill's best days. **oody good side, kicked Arsenal all over the pitch (big tick) and showed Shearer to be a thug too. Also screwed over by McGhee who went onto bigger and better with Wolves (ha ha). Savage, Lennon, Izzet. Tough trio!

The wonders of Google

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 07 May 2011 21:32

Forty does anyone by chance have video of his clebrations, not against us, when he jumped into the crowd?

There was one on the BBC earlier where he literally dived head first into the front rows, feet well and truely off the ground.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 07 May 2011 21:45

Looking for it took me into a parallel Robbie Savage world. He's a bad singer. :lol:

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 08 May 2011 03:36

papereyes I like the way that you could make out the size of his man hood from where I was sat. :|

now the dust has settled, I think that's what moved me to stand up and applaud

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 May 2011 09:33

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 May 2011 09:33

Right click and save. :wink:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 May 2011 11:25

PieEater

He looks like a drag artist in his changing room, just before he gets dressed to go on stage!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 May 2011 11:25

PieEater

Looks like we gained another fan yesterday.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28654339/

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 08 May 2011 12:59

He gets plus marks from me for making LOL @ him twice: once for poking his tongue out in response to a bit of East Stand banter and the other for stripping off.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 08 May 2011 13:05

Best quote of the day from Nigel Clough : "He reminded me of Steptoe in the bath." :lol: :lol:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 08 May 2011 14:00

Pretty humorous display from the man after the match. Nice vest and pants. Top draw stuff.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 May 2011 15:01

Royal Lady On behalf of women everywhere, I should like to thank Mr Savage was prancing around in his underpants at the end of the game. I now look forward to when Matt Mills retires from the game.... :wink:

By then you'll be too old to care.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 08 May 2011 15:17

I kind of wish Clough had taken him off on 90 minutes so he could have got his own ovation. We need characters like him in the game. Top pantomime villain!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 08 May 2011 15:29

Good on us for sending him into retirement with a nice ovation. 8)

Good on him for leaving everything, literally and symbolically, on the field...the goofball. :lol:

He had a long career, he brought something to the game and while I will not miss him as a player I will miss him as a character. The game needs more like him. We love them, we hate them and occasionally we :lol: at them.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 May 2011 15:59

A couple of small things showing his class; firstly, waiting for the announcement of Shane as PoY and applauding, secondly, the big hug and words said to Simon Church as soon as the final whistle went. Well done Robbie Savage and all the best for your new career

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

Even Robbie Savage Loves Us

by Agent Balti » 09 May 2011 06:25

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/derbycounty/fb_news.php?storyid=12469

Robbie Savage was blown away by the Reading fans reaction to him in his final match:

“Reading are my second team after today. I think they gave me the respect that I deserve, it was a big send-off.”

“The team that finishes in sixth place, in this case Nottingham Forest, normally do well in the play-offs. But imagine a Cardiff v Swansea final – wow! The way I was treated today I’d like to see Reading to get that final place.”

“They’re my second team now. I would like to see a Welsh club in the Premier League but I’ll be looking out for Reading from now on. I’ve had stick off both Cardiff and Swansea fans over the years, but after that reaction I would like Reading to go up.”

“That crowd showed some respect to a player that has played at the top for so long.”

“In the past I have thrown my toys out of the pram with Wales and Birmingham, but that is the way I am – all or nothing. I have always given my best and I feel I’m too good to play in League One or League Two.”

“I could have had at least another year, but I don’t want to be a player that has 20 minutes here or 25 minutes there. I don’t want to play next season with people saying he’s finished.”

“I don’t want to be a player that goes on for one too many season, so that’s it for me. There is no coaching or management for me. I have got a lot of things going on and it’s the start of another career where I intend to be the best I can.”

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Even Robbie Savage Loves Us

by brendywendy » 09 May 2011 10:36

fair play, and well deserved imo

not the worlds greatest player, but always worked really hard, always put in a shift, and never shirked the physical side.

annoying as hell when on the other team, but the kind of player wed all love to have on our team imo.
even yesterday he was always making himself available for a pass, kept it moving all the time,showed a good range of short and long passes, and seemed to enjoy his pantomime villain status with all the arm waving and aggro- all done with a smile on his face.

that was the first time ive ever not bood him before or during the game, but i felt he deserved the great applause he got.& i couldnt hear a single boo tbf.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 09 May 2011 10:59

I'm proud he said that. We are always being told we are crap fans, even by our own, but we are not crap fans. We know the difference between a pantomime villain and an arsehole (we wouldn't have given that reception to someone like Lothar Matthäus, for example). Savage wouldn't have got that reception at Swansea or Cardiff, to say the least.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 May 2011 11:17

Anyone who leaves the pitch in only his vest and underpants clearly doesn't take himself seriously. :wink:

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 09 May 2011 12:14

Quality build up from Savage for the first penalty, too. Personally, that's what I was clapping him for at the final whistle.