Bellamy, Kebe and Robson-Kanu injury updates

129 posts
Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Bellamy, Kebe and Robson-Kanu injury updates

by Z175 » 16 May 2011 10:13

Can anyone find any more definitive news on the injuries?

From reading between the lines...

Kebe. I'm optimistic he will return. Brian says he is hopeful and Ian Harte gave an interview where he spoke of Kebe returning. It's worrying though that he seemed to be close for the last few games and yet hasn't made it. Of course we dont want to risk him but if their ever was a time to do so it will be this game.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... u_injuries

Bellamy. Has had a scan on his hamstring but not as bad as feared. Still a major doubt but DJ is hopeful and will give him as long as it takes. I expect Bellamy to start and be taken off.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28699023/

Robson Kanu
Brian says he is hopeful, but if he did strain his hamstring it seems quite soon for him to be back. I'd say unlikely.

Please update with news when available!

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

Re: Bellamy, Kebe and Robson-Kanu injury updates

by southbank1871 » 16 May 2011 10:25

Good thread, I've just been searching on Google news for the same. I think Kebe will start tomorrow night. It's quite a big ask for him to come in and be as effective as we know he can be though, having had a few weeks out and particularly if he's not 100% fit.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 May 2011 10:32

If Bellamy felt his hamstring badly enough to go off after 16mins then I think it's unlikely that he'll play on Tuesday. Four days isn't really enough time. I guess they might risk him but with pace players like that you're taking a hell of a chance as the hamstring is so susceptible to injury.

Big boost for Reading if he's out.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 May 2011 10:34

Providing he's rated 50/50 and he's up for it they might risk him thinking it's now or never and we've got 3 months off after this if it doesn't work out. Same for Reading with Kebe. Is Kebe worth a shot at say 70% fit? Probably.

If Kebe misses out and so does HRK will be interesting to see what RFC do, play Antonio? Or maybe stick Hunt wide and play Church/Manset.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 May 2011 10:41

Or Hunt out wide with Howard in as a third central midfielder.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 16 May 2011 10:42

Hopefully not Hunt out wide - he was absolutely terrible there on Friday night.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 May 2011 10:44

The Goat was fed Hopefully not Hunt out wide - he was absolutely terrible there on Friday night.

He is just generally pretty average. Scores a few goals, is a brave player but technically average at best. Him or Antonio, probs go for Hunt though.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 16 May 2011 10:47

Kebe got injured at the beginning of the season and missed Burnley (A), Doncaster(H), QPR (A), Cardiff (H), Norwich (H) and then was on the bench against Watford (A) and Leeds (H).

I remember at Leeds he was superb after he came on and transformed our team so I'm hopeful he'll be good if hes fit. That said if hes not confident in his fitness then he may not be so quick at taking people on and therefore might not deliver. Maybe comign off the bench would leave him raring to go without worrying about getting through the game.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 16 May 2011 10:48

Maguire Or Hunt out wide with Howard in as a third central midfielder.

I have no idea who we play if both HRK and Kebe are out. But Brian knows his squad so well that I know his decision will be correct.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 May 2011 10:50

Kebe had a set back in training a week ago. Went into full training and pulled up

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 16 May 2011 10:55

Would people take Bellamy being out and us having Kebe out?

Or would you rather us have Kebe fit as well as them having Bellamy being fit?

Who would miss who more?

Just a thought.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 16 May 2011 10:56

Given that Bellamy is not even Cardiff's player I would have thought that it's unlikely he'll be risked unless 100%. I'd certainly hope Man City's medical staff would have the final say and wouldn't want to risk damaging their asset that they'll almost certainly sell this summer (assuming his contract doesn't run out?).

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 16 May 2011 10:57

I'm hoping that this was always the game plan, to leave Kebe as long as possible to get as near to 100% fitness as possible, a 70% explosive player is no use at all.

Hopefully Cardiff away has always been the target to unleash a 100% Kebe. :D

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 16 May 2011 10:59

PLEASE NOT ANTONIO. :evil:

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 May 2011 11:01

Cardiff's dilemma with Bellamy is whether they risk him v Reading with a high chance of him getting a recurrence and therefore miss final if they get through......OR hold him back in the hope that they get to final and he gets fully fit.....would rather the latter as I want to see Chopra crying on the pitch when they lose ! :lol:

Id play Cummings as winger if Kebe and HRK fail to make it

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 May 2011 11:10

"Brian McDermott told Reading Player that both Hal and Jimmy will travel to Cardiff for the game on Tuesday. "We'll leave it as late as we have to," he said. "

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 May 2011 11:12

Alan Partridge
The Goat was fed Hopefully not Hunt out wide - he was absolutely terrible there on Friday night.

He is just generally pretty average. Scores a few goals, is a brave player but technically average at best. Him or Antonio, probs go for Hunt though.

I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but I'd start Church there if we are a winger short. Antonio isn't up to it in a game like this, not yet anyway, and Church will offer more than Hunt does, from a fitness, pace and crossing perspective.

And I'd certainly rather have Hunt through the middle than Church. Howard could come on again to change the shape if required, but we're best with two up front.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 16 May 2011 11:18

I like the idea of Church on the wing if we have to have someone out of position, but has he played there for us before?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 May 2011 11:19

I got the impression on Friday that both Bellamy & HRK were taken off as precautionary measures only - i.e. not actually injured but felt a strain and didn't want to risk further damage.

So potentially they may both be OK.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 16 May 2011 11:22

Sarah Star I like the idea of Church on the wing if we have to have someone out of position, but has he played there for us before?

Didn't he make his debut on the wing?

I think he played there against Barnsley as well where he was completely ineffective and tended towards the centre, so we had no right side AT ALL.

129 posts