redknapp tax evasion - trial begins january

226 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: redknapp tax evasion - trial begins january

by Ian Royal » 15 Nov 2011 19:36

Hoop Blah None of that means he wouldn't make for an excellent international manager though.

Every club he's been at he's had players playing some of the best football of their careers and got more out of them other managers have done. The financial mismanagement isn't really a concern when it comes to international football as there aren't any budgets to over spend.

The best thing about Redknapp is that players appear to enjoy playing for him, thrive under his management and ultimately play decent winning football.

I still don't like the guy much though.

I guess the worry would be would they still enjoy playing for him without the cheeky financial insentives he may or may not use in club football.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 15 Nov 2011 22:09

A good motivater who likes to play attacking football but his comments about playing the "old guard" if he came England manager worried me.

Said Gerrard and Lampared could play in the midfield together for years to come!

:shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Nov 2011 22:14

Super_horns A good motivater who likes to play attacking football but his comments about playing the "old guard" if he came England manager worried me.

Said Gerrard and Lampared could play in the midfield together for years to come!

:shock:

Instant disqualification from being a contender.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Jan 2012 09:19

They weren't undeclared backhanders - they were bonus payments!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... deals.html

Fine, as long as the payments were in your employment contract and declared to the taxman

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 25 Jan 2012 10:03

So he first denied knowing of his offshore account that was named after his pet dog. Genius.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 25 Jan 2012 10:14

I think it is a little unfair* that 'arry and Mandaric have to face a jury for tax evasion at Portsmouth in the very week it is announced that Portsmouth are in the news again - for not paying taxes....

...and still you think there is no god.

*utterly hilarious

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Jan 2012 10:30

harry is facing some serious jail time here, devastating IMO. he's not a violent criminal ffs, I will not stand to see him placed in a jail with a bunch of murderers and thugs...its ridiculous. Not to mention this'll completely bone tottenhams progression as a club.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 25 Jan 2012 10:34

FiNeRaIn harry is facing some serious jail time here, devastating IMO. he's not a violent criminal ffs, I will not stand to see him placed in a jail with a bunch of murderers and thugs...its ridiculous. Not to mention this'll completely bone tottenhams progression as a club.

Should pay his bloody taxes then :wink:

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 25 Jan 2012 10:45

FiNeRaIn harry is facing some serious jail time here, devastating IMO. he's not a violent criminal ffs, I will not stand to see him placed in a jail with a bunch of murderers and thugs...its ridiculous. Not to mention this'll completely bone tottenhams progression as a club.

it will not matter a jot when "the special one" quits real madrid and takes over at the lane.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Jan 2012 10:58

LOLz, there he is again

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 25 Jan 2012 11:01

exileinleeds I think it is a little unfair* that 'arry and Mandaric have to face a jury for tax evasion at Portsmouth in the very week it is announced that Portsmouth are in the news again - for not paying taxes....

...and still you think there is no god.

*utterly hilarious

Plus fookin 1.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Jan 2012 11:48

It's not just about the unpaid tax on the amounts he stashed away though is it? The tax is the bit we can charge him for.

So if a crook ultimate steals several hundred thousand from community businesses which in turn affects local businesses and charities he shouldn't do time?

That money could have paid a lot of groundstaff, St John's ambulance, etc...

Harry is morally bankrupt

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jan 2012 12:02

I was thinking, if they conclude he had no intention of avoiding tax and it was an honest mistake, they'll just charge him the tax?

But if it's proven he was trying to avoid tax, then that is when the jail time happens?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Jan 2012 13:01

ZacNaloen I was thinking, if they conclude he had no intention of avoiding tax and it was an honest mistake, they'll just charge him the tax?

But if it's proven he was trying to avoid tax, then that is when the jail time happens?

Opening an account in your dog's name could be a giveaway

Did he have Power of Attorney to operate the account on behalf of the dog?

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 25 Jan 2012 13:03

Be interesting to see what his defence is. My guess (based on snippets I've read of the trial) is he'll try to blame Mandaric by claiming he thought Milan had already paid the tax before it was transferred into his account - either that, or, as Zac says, "he forgot".

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Jan 2012 13:04

Tax evasion. It's how they got Capone, you know?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Jan 2012 13:31

The Surgeon of Crowthorne Be interesting to see what his defence is. My guess (based on snippets I've read of the trial) is he'll try to blame Mandaric by claiming he thought Milan had already paid the tax before it was transferred into his account - either that, or, as Zac says, "he forgot".

I'm sure there's some sort of phrase about ignorance that springs to mind here!

BTW if this confirms one thing we've all always known about 'arry it's that he likes to get paid

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 25 Jan 2012 14:47

Reading the reports, he is in deep doo doo here; a defence of "I didn't realise that the tax hadn't already been paid" simply won't wash.

Unless he can show that he was in some way or other, paying tax on those earnings via another source, then he is doomed, and its a bit tricky managing England from the Scrubs.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Jan 2012 15:14

I don't understand exactly how people's taxes are done at that level but surely if you earn some money that "I believe the tax has been paid on" you still declare it as income, but with tax already paid?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Jan 2012 15:16

Silver Fox I don't understand exactly how people's taxes are done at that level but surely if you earn some money that "I believe the tax has been paid on" you still declare it as income, but with tax already paid?

Only if you want people to know of its existence

226 posts