Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
royalhaven

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by royalhaven » 23 Jan 2012 18:23

OK, back to TSI - once we know more about the investment firm, will you care WHERE TSI's money comes from? Or will you simply just concern yourself about where it goes?

Oh, and have we signed anyone yet?

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 23 Jan 2012 18:40

Can't see anywhere on this thread where it is hypothisized exactly what TSI's future investment includes?

The sums being talked about seem too large for ownership/control of just the current assets (i.e the Club (name), Players etc), so presumbly it includes the fixed assets (i.e Stadium, Shop, Training Arena etc - but not the hotel franchise). Something I thought Madejski would never do.

I wonder therefore whether Madejski has conceded on naming rights for the Stadium too as part of the package? Would be very surprised if so. Perhaps a bronze statue in trade off?!

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 23 Jan 2012 18:40

royalhaven OK, back to TSI - once we know more about the investment firm, will you care WHERE TSI's money comes from? Or will you simply just concern yourself about where it goes?

We should all care. Anton Z is no billionnaire, and I'm not sure his father is either a billionnaire or indeed involved in this venture.

IF the money is borrowed...

Anton Z will have borrowed £45m, secured against 45m of his father's assets/cash. He will refinance in April against the £40m of shares he holds in Reading FC. Both him and SJM will contribute £5m a piece to fund the clubs deficit for the next two years until 2014. The club will continue to scout Griffin Park and the Irish league for talent, and build its academy. It won't sell any key players.

In 2014 we will hopefully be in the Premierleague and sold to new owners. Both SJM and Anton Z will hope to receive more than £100m for the club. Anton Z may then finance a buy out of SJM, and rebuild the stadium, and look to sell at an even higher price.

If we don't go up, or Anton defaults on interest payments, then a financial insitution may receive his 51% of shares. They may flog this to SJM (For less than £40m) or a new buyer. If none can be found they may look to sell assets to get their money back. This could involve a sale and lease back of the stadium, or (unlikely but worst case) an outright sale of the stadium to a property developer. Reading would then )in this unlikely but possible situation) be in administration, homeless and potentially liquidated. Yet its worth noting that Madejskis financial worries could also have hypothetically led to this if he had not realised some cash.

BUT if this is a consortium of rich people who have a stake in TSI, then it may just be that Anton has raised his c£50m from venture capitalists who are prepared to risk £1-£5m each for the chance of a healthy profit. THIS would be really good news, as they would spend a lot to get us into a bigger, better club. But this would lead to expensive tickets etc, but for an increase in quality of football.

HOWEVER, if this is his Daddy's money, or it is from a "Billionnaire" who wants a toy, then look at Man city. Top of the league, cheap tickets, the best case scenario.

So we should all care wehre it comes from. And not 'cos its ill gotten in the fall of the USSR.

royalhaven

by royalhaven » 23 Jan 2012 18:56

Oil money I can live with, but I would have an issue if Readings success were pinned to the loss of the great Siberian forest. bit of a stretch mind.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 23 Jan 2012 19:00

If we really do start buying £2million + players while in The Championship we are soon going to become very very spoilt. It was hard enough when we were used to being very modest in our player purchases, and surely this won't last forever?

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 23 Jan 2012 19:20

I just we had this investment sooner, the team we could of had!!.

-----------------------Feds---------------------

Cummings----Zurab-------Gorkss------Bertrand

---------------Karacan-----L,wood-----------------

Kebe-----------------Sig-------------------McAnuff

---------------------Long---------------------------

Completely irrelevant I know
Last edited by rfc2001 on 23 Jan 2012 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 23 Jan 2012 19:23

This thread could get to the level of the Man City cup tickets debacle

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 23 Jan 2012 19:43

Shall i wait a bit before jumping on the bandwagon and going to see an actual live game.

Don't want to waste good money seeing the team get beat.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 23 Jan 2012 19:45

PlasticRoyale Shall i wait a bit before jumping on the bandwagon and going to see an actual live game.

:lol:

Wouldn't go this Saturday then

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 23 Jan 2012 19:47

URZZ
PlasticRoyale Shall i wait a bit before jumping on the bandwagon and going to see an actual live game.

:lol:

Wouldn't go this Saturday then

Thanks for the heads up

Are you saying i should wait til the team has made some signings

Obviously i want to get in on the ground floor if we're gonna be splashing some cash around.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Is this a picture of our new comrade leader

by Royalee » 23 Jan 2012 19:49

ZacNaloen

Anton drinking with his "comrades", hockey fan? Royalee will be happy.

Indeed, seems like an absolute legend - wonder if he's friendly with many of the Russian players like Ilya Kovalchuk pictured with him here.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 23 Jan 2012 19:50

All in know is I'm not sure how much longer I can watch Simon Church chasing thin air before I throw my shoe at him

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 23 Jan 2012 20:03

Make sure you warn the person sat in front of you before you do.

#girlscantthrow

roflmao etc.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 23 Jan 2012 20:05

Reckon even I can throw about 2 metres

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 23 Jan 2012 20:07

muddyfeet All in know is I'm not sure how much longer I can watch Simon Church chasing thin air before I throw my shoe at him

That would be a waste of a good shoe, even if you managed to hit him. No sense no feeling :D

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 23 Jan 2012 20:09

Done a bit of research on the guy, there is very little on him and he seems to be working for his fathers company. I did however manage to dig a bit out on daddy and his investments...

Started and built up Ilim Pulp to be the largest paper producer in Russia, in 2006 he sold 50% of the company to International paper company for $650mill.

In July 2010 he became the primary shareholder of american based lithium-ion car battery producers Ener1 Inc, this is the company Anton works for as VP of operations, as well as CEO of their nanotechnology subsidiary NanoEner. The website is supposed to be nanoener.com but this doesn't load for me...

Since investing in Ener1, its share price has plummeted 97% from $3.25 to $0.0975 a share, with Q3 2010 earnings down 98% on the year.

The most recent operating profit figures (Q1 2011) show a $12.5M loss vs an expected $9.3M loss.

Now reading this doesn't sound too convincing assuming his wealth is mostly from his father, who has had a bad 18 months.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 23 Jan 2012 20:10

Brain Traysers Done a bit of research on the guy, there is very little on him and he seems to be working for his fathers company. I did however manage to dig a bit out on daddy and his investments...

Started and built up Ilim Pulp to be the largest paper producer in Russia, in 2006 he sold 50% of the company to International paper company for $650mill.

In July 2010 he became the primary shareholder of american based lithium-ion car battery producers Ener1 Inc, this is the company Anton works for as VP of operations, as well as CEO of their nanotechnology subsidiary NanoEner. The website is supposed to be nanoener.com but this doesn't load for me...

Since investing in Ener1, its share price has plummeted 97% from $3.25 to $0.0975 a share, with Q3 2010 earnings down 98% on the year.

The most recent operating profit figures (Q1 2011) show a $12.5M loss vs an expected $9.3M loss.

Now reading this doesn't sound too convincing assuming his wealth is mostly from his father, who has had a bad 18 months.

Did your research include reading this thread?

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 23 Jan 2012 20:17

PlasticRoyale
Brain Traysers Done a bit of research on the guy, there is very little on him and he seems to be working for his fathers company. I did however manage to dig a bit out on daddy and his investments...

Did your research include reading this thread?

read about 20 pages, got bored.

mine is based on accurate subscription data sources

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 23 Jan 2012 20:19

Maguire The point isn't that there's a thread at all (=understandable) but that it's 80% full of uttershit.

I'm guessing this is disappointing for you cf. the AE proportion of utter shit, which rarely drops below an impressive 95%

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 23 Jan 2012 20:20

mr_number
Maguire The point isn't that there's a thread at all (=understandable) but that it's 80% full of uttershit.

I'm guessing this is disappointing for you cf. the AE proportion of utter shit, which rarely drops below an impressive 95%

WTF are you on about it?

5145 posts