Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by melonhead » 24 Jan 2012 09:57

rfc2001 Just thinking, Boris Z has all the dolla not Anton. Boris has no interest in football or investing. We can't be that rich, Boris aint going to give his son Millions or a Billion to use on Reading. Anton is probably only a bit richer than SJM!! !!Based on 2004!!

Unless since 2004 Anton has become frigging minted!!

since 2004 Anton hs become frigging minted
HTH

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Jan 2012 10:00

Silver Fox
Maguire
royalexile I would expect at least 3-4 investors within TSI

Based on what?

The number of chocolate chips in the cookie he had this morning

I was going to suggest he'd scattered the bones of last night's KFC bargain bucket, but you're probably right.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 24 Jan 2012 10:26

From the Reading FC twitter ...

ReadingFC Reading FC
Fans will like to know that TSI representative Chris Samuelson will be speaking to the media this afternoon #readingfc

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 24 Jan 2012 10:27

TSI representative Chris Samuelson will be speaking to the media this afternoon.

Chris will become board member at Reading Football Club once TSI deal is completed, and he is Anton Zingarevich's UK representative.

Chris Samuelson
http://pic.twitter.com/fNqxHn8f
Last edited by robinsfriday on 24 Jan 2012 10:30, edited 2 times in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jan 2012 10:30

robinsfriday TSI representative Chris Samuelson will be speaking to the media this afternoon.

Chris will become board member at Reading Football Club once TSI deal is completed, and he is Anton Zingarevich's UK representative.

Christ, he looks like a complete todger.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 24 Jan 2012 10:36

[quote]Samuelson, a furtive Swiss financier, is also in the business of mass-production of offshore "trusts" and dummy companies  for his wealthy and super-wealthy clients looking to disguise their real identities and secrete assets, according to court papers. Samuelson operates through his Swiss-based company dubbed 'Mutual Trust'  with satellite offices strategically located in Brunei, Gibraltar, Cyprus, Curacao and other offshore havens. These countries have long been on the U.S. agencies' radar of jurisdictions prone to money laundering.[quote/]

Quite simple to find this info on the web......a bit more worried now.

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 10:37

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Jan 2012 10:38

Why? We're hardly a 'dummy company'

All that really shows us is that he has lots of mega-rich clients.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 24 Jan 2012 10:38

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jan 2012 10:40

Uh oh.

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 10:40

Search for investment goes on as Fortress fails

Nov 25 2005

By David Prior, Daily Post

BILL KENWRIGHT insists he is still searching for investment "24 hours a day" - after admitting for the first time that any hopes of the Fortress Sports Fund becoming involved at Everton are now dead.

The Goodison chairman was finally able to shed some light on the lengthy and frustrating saga that cast a cloud over the club for much of last season.

The Fund, led by Swiss-based financier Chris Samuelson, had been due to buy almost a third share in the club but despite repeated assurances - Samuelson even appeared at last year's AGM in an attempt to convince sceptical supporters - no deal materialised. And speaking at last night's AGM, Kenwright finally expained the reasons behind what one questioner suggested represented a "charade".

Kenwright said: "(Samuelson) was someone who I believed could have come up with the money, he had his credentials and thought he could come up with a deal that was good for the club.

"So I brought him to you (to last year's AGM). But he didn't, like many many other people, come up with the goods. I didn't lie, and I don't think Jon (Woods), Paul (Gregg) or Keith (Wyness) did."

He added: "I am spending 24 hours a day trying to raise finance for this club. I had a meeting today, three yesterday, all involving money that would dilute my shareholding - but I'm not interested in that."

Chief executive Keith Wyness also denied claims that Samuelson had at any stage been paid money by the club. "He (Samuelson) was never paid one penny," he insisted.

A lively meeting saw Wyness also attempting to clarify several other issues that attracted heated questioning from last night's attendees. Among them were: V Villarreal ticketing: Wyness blamed "an exceptional situation" for the shambolic way tickets were distributed ahead of Everton's long-awaited Champions League debut back in August, claiming the club were left with only six days to sell their allocation.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 24 Jan 2012 10:41

lolz

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jan 2012 10:41

This is all going to go

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 24 Jan 2012 10:42

My "No" vote on the "Is this a good thing" thread is looking pretty strong right now.

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 10:44

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 24 Jan 2012 10:45

Spirit of Elm Park
Samuelson, a furtive Swiss financier, is also in the business of mass-production of offshore "trusts" and dummy companies  for his wealthy and super-wealthy clients looking to disguise their real identities and secrete assets, according to court papers. Samuelson operates through his Swiss-based company dubbed 'Mutual Trust'  with satellite offices strategically located in Brunei, Gibraltar, Cyprus, Curacao and other offshore havens. These countries have long been on the U.S. agencies' radar of jurisdictions prone to money laundering.[quote/]

Quite simple to find this info on the web......a bit more worried now.

wealthy man, who helps other wealthy people bank money in places where tax freen and totally private banking occurs.

because of the tax free and private nature of these places-These countries have long been on the U.S. agencies' radar of jurisdictions prone to money laundering

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 24 Jan 2012 10:50

Ahem...
The Surgeon of Crowthorne, a couple of pages back
My worry is that he's another Sulaiman Al-Fahim. Seemingly deep pockets, but no real worth and these "investors" turn out to not exist or disappear when the going gets tough.

johnnym

by johnnym » 24 Jan 2012 10:51

one must assume that SJM knew about Kenwright's issues and has/ is doing his due dilligence properly

no offence to Kenwright of course but I would also assume SJM to be a more astute business person

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 24 Jan 2012 10:51

Simon's Church Just done a bit of a search of TSI, can't find much but apprently the CEO is this guy

Called it ages ago.

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 10:52

Kenwright has spent the past four years scouring Europe and the USA for potential investors.

He assigned renowned football agent Jerome Anderson to seek out wealthy benefactors interested in investing in Premiership football clubs.

He unearthed Geneva financier Chris Samuelson, representative of Swiss-based Russian millionaire Boris Zingarevich, and together they formed the Fortress Sports Fund.

The fund, which will be established in Brunei, was set up with the intention of investing in a number of sporting initiatives. But Everton will be their first, and undoubtedly most significant, client.

Samuelson and Anton Zingarevich will join the Blues' board.

The investment takes the form of a new share issue, with Fortress Sports Fund then owning 40% of the club. Kenwright, however, will remain as chairman and True Blue Holdings will remain the majority shareholder.

True Blue Holdings owns 71. 3% of Everton, with Kenwright and ally Jon Woods owning 64. 3% of True Blue, which means they can outvote Paul Gregg, whose family owns31. 5%. Adding spice to the story is that the Zingarevich family are keen business rivals of Roman Abramovich.

5145 posts