Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Z175 » 24 Jan 2012 11:09

Samuelsons involvement is a good thing. He made millions in 1900s Russia, and has strong links with billionaires. He also did the tax planning for Mikhail khordokovsky, once Russias richest man, now doing hard labour for tax evasion. But he works for lonon based abramovich rival, Boris berezosky.

I think it is possible there are several billionnaires involved in providing the money.

Of course no guarantees given what happened with everton. But they had time to work on a plan.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 24 Jan 2012 11:11

Z175 Samuelsons involvement is a good thing. He made millions in 1900s Russia,

Pre-revolution

So its 'old money'

Samuelson does look old

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 24 Jan 2012 11:12

Don't worry, our Jonny's on the case

As you have all noticed, it does look like Samuelson was indeed behind AZ bid for Everton in 2004, will ask #readingfc

stand easy

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 24 Jan 2012 11:12

Z175 Samuelsons involvement is a good thing. He did the tax planning for Mikhail khordokovsky, once Russias richest man, now doing hard labour for tax evasion.

:shock:

Madejski is going to be banged up in the Tower of London before we see any money.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 24 Jan 2012 11:14

Z175 Samuelsons involvement is a good thing. He made millions in 1900s Russia, and has strong links with billionaires.
we better get on with it then as hes likely to drop dead at any moment.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 24 Jan 2012 11:15

Z175 Samuelsons involvement is a good thing. He made millions in 1900s Russia, and has strong links with billionaires.
we better get on with it then as hes likely to drop dead at any moment.

:lol:

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 11:18

retro royal

by retro royal » 24 Jan 2012 11:18

Found this don't know if it's been posted but haven't got time to go through 63 pages

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/to ... samuelson/

nvestment Issues:- The Final Straw Part 1
By Joe Jennings : 15/07/2007

I feel the need to take the unprecedented option and reveal all about a former ‘potential investor’

Browsing the internet almost a year ago, I stumbled across an interesting e.mail address. A name perhaps familiar to Evertonians. The Brunei based businessman Chris Samuelson, who was spearheading the Fortress Sport Fund bid to take over Everton, allegedly.

Promising shareholders the money was in place, standing tall with Kenwright, the money NEVER materialised. As intrigued as I was, I decided to let Samuelson know exactly how I felt. Perhaps an angry, somewhat childish e.mail was sent; however, it certainly suppressed my acrimony. Expecting no response, I was nothing short of amazed when I received a six-paragraph response from the man himself. Respectful I had to accept. Below is the the first installment Samuleson had to offer.

I was told: "If you knew the facts behind the scenes and the efforts done by me on behalf of EFC, you would not make such comments.

"I was asked to find a very rich investor with a real love of football, and ideal for the Toffees, by Bill Kenwright. I did within two weeks of the original request, and not just once. The first one was perfect but he hates publicity and when it came he had to withdraw. He promised to return but did not. The second one died very quickly having been diagnosed with cancer.

"Since then, I have approached at least 20 others that had the right credentials and that’s not just the money. They must love football and have no allegiance to another Premier League club and want to full heartedly support Everton and back the club with the necessary capital. They have ranged from Arabs to Russians to Asians and to Americans. There are few English candidates with the resources that meet the criteria.

"I have devoted a huge amount of time and effort and no little amount of cash — at least £200,000 in expenses and that excludes what the prospective investors spent on legal and accountancy fees. Discussions continue and we have come close, very close on several occasions. Keith Wyness and I speak every day.

"It is better for Everton to be patient and wait until we find the right person with the belief and the commitment plus of course the money. Finding that person has become a mission for me. If I am not the one to succeed, I will still rejoice when it happens. So when you tell me that I don’t deserve to step inside the shrine that is Goodison Park, I doubt if you would say that if you knew the facts. Fortress Sports Fund was an investment vehicle created for our original investor and available to be used by the investor when he is found.

"Bill Kenwright is a true Blue through and through but he and Jon Woods don’t have the financial resources to invest more money in the Club, but they know the Club is bigger than them and will take a smaller role when the new investor is found. Gregg doesn’t give a damn about the Toffees. He came on board only because he smelt profits with a new stadium deal. Everton’s board devote their time freely, the only board in the Premier League that does not reward itself. The exception is Keith Wyness, to my mind the best CEO in football and he has transformed Everton’s finances. David Moyes is an astute and motivating manager who has succeeded with limited resources."

Now I personally do not know whether the supposed things that Chris brought up are true. However, I do know that it contradicts most of the voices coming out of the club. By the sounds of the e.mail I received there certainly has been ‘serious investment’ interest. The information above was from an e.mail received almost a year ago. Since then I have been told investment is on the horizon time and time again. I felt now was the time to reveal all to the Evertonians who want answers, deserve answers, and to give them more of an insight than the club ever possibly could.

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 11:18

There is no doubt that Chris Samuelson talks a good game but Everton fans will want to see the colour of his money before making a final judgment.

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 11:21

Ystoop
Jan 24 2005, 10:37 AM
THE head of the Fortress Sports Fund has revealed he will be in a position to finally provide Everton with a £12.8m cash injection on Monday.

Swiss-based financier Chris Samuelson has spent much of the last fortnight jetting between Geneva, Brunei and Singapore to receive the regulatory approval required to press ahead with the investment.

The series of delays has stretched Everton's patience, leading the club to impose a deadline on the Fortress scheme.

But Samuelson pledged today that the wait will finally be over on Monday, promising that the backing the sports fund needs from the Brunei government is now just one working day away.

He said: "I am expecting the final approval from the Brunei regulator and financial authority on Monday.

"Once the certificate has been issued we will be able to move the money into the fund. Then Everton will be able to call for an EGM.

"The delay has been because the regulators work at a certain speed but the authorities in Brunei are being very helpful."

Ystoop
Feb 2 2005, 02:03 PM
THE head of the Fortress Sports Fund last night said he expected to put a formal investment offer in front of Everton chairman Bill Kenwright today.

Rico
Feb 14 2005, 08:38 PM
There is no FSF deal.

Samuelson has made the same statement on three occasions. He complains about the complexities of moving this amount of money yet many city bankers do it every day.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 24 Jan 2012 11:21

retro royal Found this don't know if it's been posted but haven't got time to go through 63 pages

It's this kind of attitude that's killing the club

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 11:27

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/kenwright-s-fortress-disappointment.html

Friday 25th November 2005 09:17 by Scott McLeod

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright admitted his disappointment to Thursday night's AGM that the proposed investment deal with the Fortress Sports Fund was never completed.
KENWRIGHT'S FORTRESS DISAPPOINTMENT

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright admitted his disappointment to Thursday night's AGM that the proposed investment deal with the Fortress Sports Fund was never completed.

Shareholders were informed at last year's AGM that the group of investors brought together by Geneva-based financier Christopher Samuelson were keen to make an initial investment of £12.8m rising to £30m.

Mr Samuelson made a presentation at that meeting to reassure shareholders investment was close but 12 months on and the deal to invest in the club has not been completed.

Mr Kenwright faced questions from the floor regarding the situation with Fortress.

He told the meeting: "It was not a charade. Chris Samuelson was someone who I believed could have come up with the money.

"He had his credentials and he could have come up with what I thought could be a good deal at the time for the club. But he didn't come up with the goods."

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 24 Jan 2012 11:29

Madejski seems pretty convinced in the last sentence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16700763.stm?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 24 Jan 2012 11:30

Rev Algenon Stickleback H Let's face it. We aren't in Portsmouth's boat, desperate for a saviour.

If it turns out that there's no money then what have we lost? A bit of egg on face for Madejski, but that's it.

Providing that point is reached before the deal is done.

The deal isn't "done" until they've paid the money.

If they don't pay then there's no deal.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Jan 2012 11:30

Wouldn't trust Kenwright as far as I could chuck him, don't believe a word he says.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 24 Jan 2012 11:31

there is no point worrying about something out of our control

just enjoy the excitement

Jamie Who?

by Jamie Who? » 24 Jan 2012 11:32

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Philip+McNULTY%3A+Fortress+may+be+crumbling.-a0127019196

A good summary account of what what happened at Everton.

Looks like Chris Samuelson made lots of promises which the Everton Chairman believed (in good faith), but what was promised never materialised.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 24 Jan 2012 11:33

Jamie Who? http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Philip+McNULTY%3A+Fortress+may+be+crumbling.-a0127019196

Looks like Chris Samuelson made lots of promises which the Everton Chairman believed (in good faith), but what was promised never materialised.

relax m8

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 24 Jan 2012 11:33

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 24 Jan 2012 11:34

Jamie Who? http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Philip+McNULTY%3A+Fortress+may+be+crumbling.-a0127019196

10 posts and all aimed at making us cry. Can't you try and be a little more positive? Try a new thread, maybe pop into Anything Else.

5145 posts