7%
Madejski has effectively withdrawn his 25m from the club
No votes

Total votes: 57
Z175
Hob Nob Regular

What is your main worry regarding the intentions of TSI

by Z175 » 25 Jan 2012 23:49

In my opinion the poll on the takeover is the wrong question.

As Brian McDermott said, beforehand the club was only going in one direction. Our wagebill alone last season was greater than all our income, so inevitably player sales were required to pay for the costs of existing as a football club.

But while we are happy with the prospect of investment, that doesn't mean we are not shitting about the future. Pompeys return to the court today is a stark warning over the consequences of non existant investors with no money.

My biggest concern is over the due diligence by PWC. I have worked for a similar firm on multinational DD and done big groups in a week. 2 months for a single company with sub 20m turnover with one asset and easily traceable revenue is ridiculous. This reminds me of when Peter Storie moaned at Peter Crouch for not understanding how long their Saudi bloke took for DD. He turned out to have no cash. So if you ask me the next two months are for Zingarevich and Samuelson to sell their deal to investors and raise the 25m. They have more chance with heads of terms agreed with SJM, but no guarantees they can get there.

So far we know Samuelson and Zingarevich failed to keep financial promises made to Everton.

We know Samuelson was involved with Fortress Sports Fund, a vehicle used to purchase Leeds Utd that refused to reveal their ultimate parent was Ken Bates until apparently 'selling up'... to Ken Bates.

We know Samuelson's tax structures work with Russian oligarchs involved the unfairly jailed Mikhail Khodokovsky and a money laundering investigation from the FBI.

We know Zingarevich is not a billionnaire but a full time executive and fund manager. We know of no involvement from Dad.

So what is your greatest worry about the proposed deal, whether you want it or not.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What is your main worry regarding the intentions of TSI

by TFF » 25 Jan 2012 23:52

gr8

anuvver fred

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Jan 2012 00:14

Where's the "people making up usernames to sound like they are part of TSI" option?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 26 Jan 2012 00:20

That I won't be able to afford the flights to Moscow when we get to the Champions League

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 26 Jan 2012 02:14

Z175 In my opinion the poll on the takeover is the wrong question.

As Brian McDermott said, beforehand the club was only going in one direction. Our wagebill alone last season was greater than all our income, so inevitably player sales were required to pay for the costs of existing as a football club.

But while we are happy with the prospect of investment, that doesn't mean we are not shitting about the future. Pompeys return to the court today is a stark warning over the consequences of non existant investors with no money.

My biggest concern is over the due diligence by PWC. I have worked for a similar firm on multinational DD and done big groups in a week. 2 months for a single company with sub 20m turnover with one asset and easily traceable revenue is ridiculous. This reminds me of when Peter Storie moaned at Peter Crouch for not understanding how long their Saudi bloke took for DD. He turned out to have no cash. So if you ask me the next two months are for Zingarevich and Samuelson to sell their deal to investors and raise the 25m. They have more chance with heads of terms agreed with SJM, but no guarantees they can get there.

So far we know Samuelson and Zingarevich failed to keep financial promises made to Everton.

We know Samuelson was involved with Fortress Sports Fund, a vehicle used to purchase Leeds Utd that refused to reveal their ultimate parent was Ken Bates until apparently 'selling up'... to Ken Bates.

We know Samuelson's tax structures work with Russian oligarchs involved the unfairly jailed Mikhail Khodokovsky and a money laundering investigation from the FBI.

We know Zingarevich is not a billionnaire but a full time executive and fund manager. We know of no involvement from Dad.

So what is your greatest worry about the proposed deal, whether you want it or not.

Worryingly accurate! I'm only positive because SJM waited for the right person. Unless he is ridiculously skint!!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 26 Jan 2012 03:37

Here we go with the negative waves... :?

With every opportunity comes risks. Carpe diem...

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 26 Jan 2012 04:57

You missed one option. Have no worries.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 26 Jan 2012 06:37

Newbies invading AE

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Jan 2012 07:11

Might run a poll on the types of poll and debate we can have on one topic!!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 26 Jan 2012 07:11

That it wont happen.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Jan 2012 08:17

Where's the option for "going to get bored of people imagining problems"?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Jan 2012 08:20

Polonium in my half-time pint if I keep booing our strikers

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 26 Jan 2012 08:38

Jackson Corner You missed one option. Have no worries.

Absolutely, if Mr Zingarevich used to brave the Elm Park terraces he'll do for me.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 26 Jan 2012 08:42

If anything this has been the most exciting news for some time at Reading FC rather than keep hearing season after season of cloth-cutting, go with what we've got, the right DNA, no money, etc, etc. At last something to read about and hopefully one or two new faces at the club. Yes, this could go one way e.g. look at Darlington or it could go the other with a chance of a bit more success and maybe a longer stint in the Premiership. Either way Mr Mad has said there is no more money if he stays on which means more squad depletion season after season. It's going to be interesting to see how this develops.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 26 Jan 2012 08:45

Wheres the Button "All the above" ?

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Jan 2012 08:57

All of the above. There is no point worrying about what you can't control though. First and foremost I hope we can reach the play-offs this season which before this news I felt was a little out of our reach, but of course now the pressure really is on Brian McDermott to deliver, and the team also. I'm looking forward to Saturday though. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 26 Jan 2012 08:58

Responses to Z175 a little unfair, it's a well thought out and logical post. I prefer to see things a little more positively, but we ultimately don't know what the next couple of months with bring. Still nervously optimistic about this, but the deal isn't yet done.

Samuelson was indeed composed, knowledgable and impressive at the press conference - this gives me confidence in him, the deal and RFC, but it also makes me incredibly nervous. There's just something not quite chiming at the moment.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Jan 2012 09:08

My main worry is they splash the cash and give church a new 5 year deal

79Royal

by 79Royal » 26 Jan 2012 09:16

Even if it does all go belly up, then at the very least, we've got some money this window.

EDIT: And besides, there's no way SJM would announce it if he weren't certain of them having investors. He's not at all media savvy, but he's not that stupid.
Last edited by 79Royal on 26 Jan 2012 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Jan 2012 09:20

Main concern is that there is no serious money behind it all.

If there is, I don't see a downside.

It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:53