RUMOUR - Tomasz Cywka

156 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: RUMOUR - Tomasz Cywka

by TBM » 26 Jan 2012 11:55

FiNeRaIn I like the way he pushes people out of his way, we haven't had an obnoxious pusher for years. One thing we really lack is a big physical striker running around pushing people over.

I thought he was a midfielder?!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Jan 2012 11:56

Norfolk Royal I agree, pushing people over is a very underrated quality.

It is, im shocked we don't see more of it. I don't know why messi, xavi, iniesta bother running into space,etc If you just push someone over thats far more effective.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 26 Jan 2012 11:57

FiNeRaIn

It is, im shocked we don't see more of it. I don't know why messi, xavi, iniesta bother running into space,etc If you just push someone over thats far more effective.

lol

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Jan 2012 11:59

Come on mods, no longer a rumour

My first scoop since Pards told me we were gonna get Luke Chadwick on loan

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Jan 2012 11:59

TBM
FiNeRaIn I like the way he pushes people out of his way, we haven't had an obnoxious pusher for years. One thing we really lack is a big physical striker running around pushing people over.

I thought he was a midfielder?!

Been played in CM, AM and ST.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Jan 2012 13:45

FiNeRaIn

I've seen Messi push people over ...

windjammer
Location: Now living down in Cornwall, but missing the Royals

by windjammer » 26 Jan 2012 14:29

Here's an opinion from a friend of mine, a keen Rams fan.

" If I was taking over a club and putting in millions of pounds, Tomasz Cywka wouldn't be the first player on my list!

He came in on loan from Wigan in the back end of 2009/10 and did OK, but given we were really bad at at that time he probably looked better than he was, and we signed him up that summer.

In our golden spell last autumn, when we were tearing teams to shreds, he was playing well as one of the three supplementary attackers in a 4-2-3-1 formation but when things faded off, so did his form.

Some will argue that he never recovered from a very public dressing-down by Nigel after an away game at Portsmouth last February, when he cost us the win in stoppage-time, though he did keep his place for a while without ever really doing a great deal.

This season he's not really had many opportunities but when he has played, he hasn't really done much. He scored in the game at your place but by all accounts his overall performance wasn't fantastic.

You knew he was basically finished with us when, on his first start of the season away at Forest, our keeper was sent off in the first minute and he was subbed. Apparently, as soon as our sub keeper got ready to come on, Tomasz walked off before the board went up because he knew he'd be pulled!

Finding the right position for him has been a challenge. When he first came we were playing 4-4-1-1 and he wasn't doing too badly in the hole between a solid midfield and a big striker, then last season he was OK again in the 4-2-3-1 system, but these days we play a more straightforward 4-4-2 and he can't really play in that system as he's not disciplined enough for either flank nor can he play as an out and out striker.

I think he's talented, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sorry to see the back of him. For me he's flattered to deceive a little too much and he's definitely a confidence player too. A bit of a luxury to a certain extent, because of the way he plays the game, but I think he's got something about him.

And for some reason the fans absolutely hero-worship him here! I've been at games this season when he's been introduced as a sub to a standing ovation for no obvious reason whatsoever. When news broke that he was leaving, the thread on one of our fans' forums was the most commented I'd seen in ages.

I've not seen anything of Reading this season so I don't know where he'd fit in to your team but it will be interesting to see if he can re-discover his spark.

How's that for a detailed response! "

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Jan 2012 14:37

detailed.

sounds likme hes been brought in to give us that plan B we need

and if there is one thing Brians good at its giving confidence players confidence, and getting the best out of people that others have failed with

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 26 Jan 2012 14:45

sounds like one for the future.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Jan 2012 16:02

melonhead detailed.

sounds likme hes been brought in to give us that plan B we need

and if there is one thing Brians good at its giving confidence players confidence, and getting the best out of people that others have failed with

Same here; we can now play a 4411 with Legs and Jem in central midfield, Kebe and Jobi wide, TC in the hole with Roberts up front.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jan 2012 16:03

I've heard he's good on his day - but you never know when that day is - likened to Matejovsky so a big thumbs up from the RL jury.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Jan 2012 16:30

Barry the bird boggler 5 Miesięcy do udowodnienia samodzielnie Tomasz

Ufam mu.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 26 Jan 2012 17:07

just to keep you upd8ed, he decided not to buy Helston Gardens as bedroom 3 was just a tad small, so he's booked in to see one in Ashmore Road at the weekend.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 26 Jan 2012 17:10

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Jan 2012 17:20

URZZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRmqLPLj6uM

why did you share that? a fat kid celebrating a goal and the camera all over the place.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2012 17:35

TBM
Ups and Downs
Ian Royal Written into the contract that he gets a renewal if the takeover goes ahead?

It's still not a done deal, so we'd be right to be cautious about committing to pay players long term without knowing we've got new investment yet.

If this is the policy, then there is zero chance of getting someone like sharp or Rhodes.

This is Ian Royal saying this remember

The fact is, he is being released by Derby on a free for a reason - so may should we risk giving him a long term deal if what Clough says is right!?

I'm not claiming to be in the know, just making a suggestion. As far as I'm concerned we still don't know for sure if TSI have actually given us anything to spend. They've said they've agreed to do so, but I haven't seen anyone say the money's in the account yet.

156 posts