Tomasz Cywka joins

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Tomasz Cywka joins

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jan 2012 12:54

Can't remember too much about him, although I think he might've looked half decent against us so that's a good start.

He sounds like the kind of player I think we needed to bring in, someone with a bit of guile and creativity and not one who's just going to blinding hook the ball over his shoulder into the the channel for Church to almost get close to.

There's a few players I'd probably have liked more than him but as a free until the end of the season it's a really good fit. If the TSI deal falls into place nicely then we might have bigger fish to fry in the summer so a good stop gap that might just lead to a longer deal if he does well.

Sensible suff.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Jan 2012 12:55

Yep, I'd also imagine we have the option to take another the year to protect us from losing him for nothing if he impresses between now and the end of the season.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Jan 2012 13:19

His history in brief goes:

Wigan, injury, Derby, injury, some goals, some cock-ups, manager criticism “not very bright footballer, can go back to Wigan, I’m not bothered”, injury, “succession of poor performances”, loses his place, manager tells him to f/ off, joins Reading.

It's fun watcing the calibre of signings skyrocket since the takeover.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 26 Jan 2012 13:20

Extended-Phenotype His history in brief goes:

Wigan, injury, Derby, injury, some goals, some cock-ups, manager criticism “not very bright footballer, can go back to Wigan, I’m not bothered”, injury, “succession of poor performances”, loses his place, manager tells him to f/ off, joins Reading.

It's fun watcing the calibre of signings skyrocket since the takeover.

:lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Jan 2012 13:44

Scarface 5 goals in 39 apps for Derby, awesome. What is the point of this signing, Simon Church has a better goal scoring record and that is saying something!!

erm.....midfielder

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Jan 2012 13:45

Royal Lady Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed tbh. There's been NOTHING to look at since Matt Mills left. :cry:

a square headed ugly andrew flintoff?

now your love for schards starts to make more sense

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Jan 2012 14:00

Ok, looking at the Derby boards I get a little more excited. General feeling seems to range from general apathy to the feeling he didn’t really get a fair chance to disappointment that he is a cracking technical player with flair and control, that Derby will regret letting go.

Maybe Reading will be the club that gets the best from him.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Jan 2012 14:06

Following the amazing investment in players I feel sure that the fans will be flocking in, or more likely waiting outside in droves. Other than Roberts with his amazing record over the last 3 seasons has anyone really heard of any of the rest?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Jan 2012 14:07

at least it is until the end of season, no brainer really and very 'prudent'

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Jan 2012 14:09

Harpers So Solid Crew Following the amazing investment in players I feel sure that the fans will be flocking in, or more likely waiting outside in droves. Other than Roberts with his amazing record over the last 3 seasons has anyone really heard of any of the rest?

im sure i heard of cwfka when he scored against us

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Jan 2012 14:16

Royal Lady
muddyfeet I need pictures

This. Can't say Jason Roberts does anything for me - so this Tomasz bloke better be my new eye candy :wink:

EDIT: forget that. :roll:

It's Parky all over again

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 26 Jan 2012 14:33

Simon's Church 3pm. He'll be standing next to BMac and JRob to make his head look even smaller.

Must have been a bit of traffic around the ground.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Jan 2012 14:41

Wiki says of him...

Cywka was part of the winning U-19 Gwarek Zabrze team which captured the 2006 Polish U-19 Championship.

[edit] WiganFollowing a successful week-long trial at Wigan Athletic, Cywka signed a three-year contract in July 2006 transferring him from Gwarek Zabrze to the Premier League side. He made his first appearance in September 2006 as a substitute against Crewe Alexandra F.C in the Carling Cup.

In October 2006 he moved on loan to League One side Oldham Athletic where he made four substitute appearances.

He made his second appearance for Wigan in an FA Cup match against Tottenham in January 2009, coming on as a substitute in the 74th minute. In February 2009 Steve Bruce suggested that Cywka was on the verge of breaking into the first team,[1] however, the following month Cywka suffered torn knee ligaments which would see him out until the following season.[2]

[edit] Derby CountyOn March 25, 2010, Cywka joined Championship side Derby County on loan till the end of the season.[3] He made his debut for Derby as a late sub in a loss against Ipswich before starting the final four matches of the season. In April, Derby manager Nigel Clough began talks to extend his stay at Pride Park Stadium into next season.[4][5] On 25 May, it was announced that he would sign a two-year contract with Derby on a free transfer on 1 July, after turning down Wigan's extension offer due to his desire for first team football.[6][7]

Cywka appeared in Derby's opening fixture for the 2010/11 season, an away match against Leeds United, in which the Rams won 2–1. His first goal for the club came on Saturday 14 August 2010 in a match which finished 2–1 to the visiting Cardiff City. Cywka suffered a fractured cheekbone in the same match.[8] He quickly returned to action, however, and grabbed this 2nd and 3rd senior goals with a brace in a 4–1 win over Watford on October 30, 2010, which earned him a place in the Championship Team of the Week.[9] Cywka again started against Portsmouth at Pride Park and won a penalty after being fouled in the box, Robbie Savage scored the opener from the spot and the Rams went on to record a 2–0 victory. His 4th goal came in the 3–2 victory over Scunthorpe United, scoring within the first 5 minutes.[10]

On February 5, 2011, Cywka was openly criticised by Derby boss Nigel Clough after his losing of the ball late in the game led to a late equaliser in a 1-1 draw at Portsmouth. Of Cywka, Clough said "He's an extremely inexperienced and not very bright footballer... he can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from - I'm not really bothered - until he learns the game." These incidents led PFA Chief Gordon Taylor to criticise Clough, saying "It cannot be appropriate to criticise your team in such a way in public. We'll sort things out...otherwise it looks an untenable situation.".[11] Despite the criticisms after the Portsmouth game Cywka made a further six appearances for the Rams before being ruled out for the remainder of the season with a knee ligament injury.

Cywka found himself out of the side for the start of the 2011-12 season as Derby made their best start to a season for over 100 years. His first league appearance came in the seventh fixture, away at Nottingham Forest, but he was withdrawn after just four minutes when the dismissal of Frank Fielding led to the need for a tactical reshuffle. Three late substitute appearances followed before he earned his second start of the campaign in the twelfth match of the season, away to Reading, when injuries had left Derby with just Cywka and Theo Robinson to choose from amongst the club's strikers. In the event, Cywka scored his first goal of the season in the 75th minute to give Derby a 2-1 lead in a match they eventually drew 2-2. After a succession of poor peformances and losing his place in the first team, Cywka was told by Derby manager Nigel Clough in January 2012 that he was free to leave the club on a free transfer, this followed the news that a move to Polish club had broken down.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jan 2012 16:00

Word from the footballing world is that Tomasz is a good player on his day - except you never know when that day is - and has been likened to Matejovsky - and as I thought he was GREAT, it's a thumbs up from me - welcome to Reading Tomasz.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Jan 2012 16:04

So RL fancies Matt Mills, yet goes out with Schards. I see the resemblance. :roll:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 26 Jan 2012 16:05

I think we all fancy people who dont look like our current partners m8

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jan 2012 16:07

muddyfeet I think we all fancy people who dont look like our current partners m8

Kes wouldn't know. I don't think anyone has ever seen him with a proper girlfriend.

And, ftr, I don't "go out with Schards" - he's my husband - though we do also go out!

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 26 Jan 2012 16:16

anyway Roberts looks alright ish

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 26 Jan 2012 16:18

People are saying Cywka is not going to be good enough. All the derby fans rated him (well most) McD turns players into very good players. He's our own Redknapp without the fraud and tax evasions!!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 26 Jan 2012 16:37

Royal Lady
muddyfeet I think we all fancy people who dont look like our current partners m8

Kes wouldn't know. I don't think anyone has ever seen him with a proper girlfriend.

And, ftr, I don't "go out with Schards" - he's my husband - though we do also go out!

No, of course, I haven't spent over 10 years of my life going out with birds. :roll:

I just don't get the whole thing of fancying someone and then going out with a complete polar opposite. It's like saying you fancy George Clooney, but decide to marry the dungeon master. Nothing against the dungeon master, but he's completely different to George.

I fancy Amber Heard, but I wouldn't marry Kathy Burke for instance.