West Ham Predictions

144 posts
GSY-Royal

Re: West Ham Predictions

by GSY-Royal » 25 Mar 2012 21:58

I'll adjust my prediction, a RFC branded sock will score the winner after being thrown onto the pitch, beachball style.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 25 Mar 2012 22:24

SouthDownsRoyal rears his head.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Mar 2012 22:28

RockheadRumple SouthDownsRoyal rears his head.

Five posts in a row. DespeROFLate stuff.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 25 Mar 2012 22:29

I will be well and truly happy with 1-1. Be a big boost if Roberts is fit.

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

by Hemenbruff Royal » 25 Mar 2012 22:43

Heart says draw, head says defeat.

I oughta say one one but two nil West Ham is my prediction. Federici own goal and Nolan penalty.

As someone else said, BBC jizz fest over West Ham win and resulting certain return to Premiership.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 26 Mar 2012 03:09

Going for a 1-1

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 26 Mar 2012 06:12

SouthDownsRoyal
robinsfriday This will appear really arrogant but I just have a feeling about this game. BFS has said some very patronising things towards us and other sides in this division and I can't help but feel that not only will the RFC number 13 be hoping for an away win, but so will every other team in the division. We're an honest, well run club. We don't have the loudest of support or the biggest following but we do have belief and that's exactly what I have in this team. Every single player in the squad will be absolutely up for this game where as I sense there will be a fear factor amongst those involved at WHU. So I sense a massive win. The same caliber as the play off win against Cardiff last season. The same atmosphere. The same sense of expectation amongst both sets of supporters. Ultimately a similar prize at stake. I will not be surprised to see us leave London with three points, three goals to their one and a certain sense of vindication.

I've never really rated BFS as a manager and I truly believe that with a better manager at the helm they would have won the league with the money and players they have. Yet as good ol' Jimmy used to say, it's a funny old game and though we won't be laughing next Saturday, we will have a wry smile on our faces and a few socks in our hands. Along with some valuable points and a victory that will define this squad of players for years to come. Regardless of which team they are playing for.

This is it. This is our time. I will be bricking it, and I will be unable to sleep on Friday night. I will be short tempered and impatient on Saturday morning and the dog may not get his usual 45 minute walk due to my own personal anxiety. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

West Ham 1-3 Reading

m8 just post 1-3 no offence but we dont wanna read war and peace

thx m9

My sincere apologies. I'll try again.

West Ham 1-3 Reading

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Mar 2012 10:09

we only need a draw from this so i think it will be

1-2

Hunt, Harte

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 26 Mar 2012 10:13

I predict it will be a draw, but West Ham lose vs. Peterborough.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Mar 2012 10:14

1-1 is the obvious result

Teams that West Ham have failed to beat at home this season include:

Cardiff, Leeds, Ipswich, Bristol City, Burnley, Doncaster, Watford, and Middlesborough

Nothing to be afraid of. If we play well then there's every chance we could even win.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 26 Mar 2012 10:20

Maguire If we play well then there's every chance we could even win.

I cannot fault this.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Mar 2012 10:26

robinsfriday This will appear really arrogant but I just have a feeling about this game. BFS has said some very patronising things towards us and other sides in this division and I can't help but feel that not only will the RFC number 13 be hoping for an away win, but so will every other team in the division. We're an honest, well run club. We don't have the loudest of support or the biggest following but we do have belief and that's exactly what I have in this team. Every single player in the squad will be absolutely up for this game where as I sense there will be a fear factor amongst those involved at WHU. So I sense a massive win. The same caliber as the play off win against Cardiff last season. The same atmosphere. The same sense of expectation amongst both sets of supporters. Ultimately a similar prize at stake. I will not be surprised to see us leave London with three points, three goals to their one and a certain sense of vindication.

I've never really rated BFS as a manager and I truly believe that with a better manager at the helm they would have won the league with the money and players they have. Yet as good ol' Jimmy used to say, it's a funny old game and though we won't be laughing next Saturday, we will have a wry smile on our faces and a few socks in our hands. Along with some valuable points and a victory that will define this squad of players for years to come. Regardless of which team they are playing for.

This is it. This is our time. I will be bricking it, and I will be unable to sleep on Friday night. I will be short tempered and impatient on Saturday morning and the dog may not get his usual 45 minute walk due to my own personal anxiety. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

West Ham 1-3 Reading

mate, m8, mnine or m9, thanks for posting more than a sound-byte

William Oddie

by William Oddie » 26 Mar 2012 10:26

To say im nervous about this would be an understatement. If we score early they will be there for the taking and we will open them up like a tin of beans. Part of me is hoping they win against posh to get this drawing hoodoo off their backs. As we all no they are a big club that deserve to go up etc etc etc etc (LOL) so winning against posh will hopefully lead them back into their hilarious false sense of over confidence.

Going to go solely with my heart and not my head and predict a 3-1 royal rout!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Mar 2012 10:30

Have to hope they lose at Peterboro.

I think they will win big there (and I dearly hope my pessimism is unfounded)

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 26 Mar 2012 10:52

In due deference to all the KUMB boys that will be reading this later, I tip my cap to a club with majesty, history, the best stadium in the country and the greatest fans of all time, not forgetting to thank them for the World Cup as well, and so, I have bow deferentially at the feet of every Happy Hammer and say we are not worthy of being on the same pitch as you and therefore I can only predict your superior standing in everything ever related to football will lead to a result of a 4-0 home win.

And if you cockernee mongs think I'm in any way serious, you've even more fcuking stupid than I thought you possibly could be. Save this for quoting after the game if you stumble your way to a lucky win.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Mar 2012 11:04

West Ham will think that the best way to get a result is to have a go at us; that will leave them open for us to exploit them on the break; 0-2 Reading.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 26 Mar 2012 11:07

First 20 minutes are vital. If we can keep it tight then the home fans will start to get on their backs.

Guarantee that if they score first we will lose as their crowd can make or kill the game for them

I'm going 0-1 - McAnuff

I also think Jimmy might get a suspicious "injury" which keeps him out of the game.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 26 Mar 2012 11:11

Unfortunately for us, this is now their biggest game of the season IMO. Their previous home form will go out of the window and I think we'll do well to get a draw.

Following our 3-1 defeat (Kebe to score early on, cue the sock throwing), Sky Sports reporting West Ham are, and always have been, the team to beat in the Championship. BFS looking smug alongside Kevin Nolan thinking they should both be going to Euro 2012. McDermott can't fault the players. Steve Claridge gets a stalk on watching the highlights on The Football League Show. Some West Ham old boy like Trevor Brooking will turn up on Goals on Sunday, West Ham will be praised for the full allotted time of Championship analysis and anything Reading have done this season will be insignificant and never a threat to the almighty Hammers.

oxf*rd West Ham.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 26 Mar 2012 12:03

1-0 to the taxi driving barrow boys.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 26 Mar 2012 12:07

WHU 0-1 RFC