Portsmouth fc

1559 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Portsmouth fc

by Mr Angry » 22 Aug 2012 12:12

Mr Angry All the loanees are only there for a Month aren't they? Presumably, the idea is to try and get in finance (either via the Trust or more likely Chainrai to come back in) to fund things going forward; but if that DOESN'T happen, then what?

I can quite easily see Pompey being unable to fulfill their fixtures, possibly this side of Xmas.

My mistake; a lot of the players aren't loanee's - they have been signed on short term contracts having been released from other clubs.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Aug 2012 12:50

Mr Angry
Nick Shorey my Lord! Stupid questions are stupid.

Are there any restrictions on the number of loan players you are allowed to field in a starting 11?
Are there any restrictions on the number of loan players you can have in a season?

47.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (either Short Term or Long Term) can be named in the
sixteen Players listed on a team sheet for any individual Match. This figure shall
include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under the
provisions of Regulation 49.

It doesn't appear that there is a limit to the number of loan players in a season, though I always thought it was only 7 (but I'm probably way out of date on that!).

Last season's FL regulations had the terms as: "Standard Loans, Emergency Loans and Youth Loans".

FWIW:

52.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This figure shall include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under the provisions of Regulation 54.

52.3.2 Up to 4 loan Players (Standard, Emergency or Youth) may join one Club from another Club in any Season. An additional Youth Loan Player may be added to this figure.

53.2.4 A Club can have a maximum of 4 Players under 23 and a further 4 Players over 23 on a Standard Loan during any Season. The deadline for determining a Player's age in this respect shall be 30 June prior to the Season in which the Standard Loan is intended to take place.

53.2.5 No more than 2 Players who are over 23 may join one Club from another Club on a Standard Loan in any Season.

53.2.6 Standard Loans which subsequently become permanent transfers (which can occur any time during the period of the Standard Loan) shall not count against a Club's quota of such Standard Loans for that Season.

There doesn't appear to be a limit on the number of Emergency loans that a club can have in a season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-6-players_2293633_2125731

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Aug 2012 23:27

Mr Angry All the loanees are only there for a Month aren't they? Presumably, the idea is to try and get in finance (either via the Trust or more likely Chainrai to come back in) to fund things going forward; but if that DOESN'T happen, then what?

I can quite easily see Pompey being unable to fulfill their fixtures, possibly this side of Xmas.

SSN breaking news that Chainrai will complete Pompey purchase in 2 weeks.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 23 Aug 2012 09:00

Thanks for the info. So I also guess there are no guidelines, protocols or rules about how many short-term contracts you can have. It's quite common at non-league clubs to have those sorts of deals, but not in this scenario.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 23 Aug 2012 09:16

Presumably, all those players who signed short term contracts have to sign or leave on 31 August to avoid being "league tied" until 1 January?

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 23 Aug 2012 20:36

They want our former owner who left with many unpaid tax bills...could get worse!

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Aug 2012 21:23

Tony Le Mesmer Presumably, all those players who signed short term contracts have to sign or leave on 31 August to avoid being "league tied" until 1 January?

I have a feeling the rules are different for players out of contract. In other words you can sign players outside the window. You just can't sign a player from another club outside the window.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 24 Aug 2012 07:09

outside the transfer window you can sign players who are out of contract , they have no club so it is not a transfer

so the playrs they have for a month will all be out of contract in a couple of weeks

anybody can sign them. it will be interesting to see what happens if some choose not to sign for the 2nd month!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Aug 2012 09:20

They also have to worry about playing for more than 2 clubs in a season.

If Chainrai takes over, and there is only one reason he would, there is a good chance that those contracts won't get renewed and the playing budget would be cut to the bone.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 24 Aug 2012 13:58

Were Chainrai to get his hands on Pompey again, the first person to be "let go" will be Appleton.

Clearly there is no real chance of a working relationship between the 2 of them (Appleton's statement that Chainrai's proposed slashing of the budget for the playing squad meant Pompey would get relegated was one of the excuses Chainrai gave for "walking away from the negotiations" a couple of weeks ago) despite Appleton's protestations to the contrary today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19360658

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 24 Aug 2012 17:25

I take it he'll have to go through the football league's stringent fit and proper person test. Again.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 24 Aug 2012 17:46

6ft Kerplunk I take it he'll have to go through the football league's stringent fit and proper person test. Again.

For three/four months...

You just know it's all go through super fast. Pompey just seem invincible.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Aug 2012 19:37

Dare to Dr£am
6ft Kerplunk I take it he'll have to go through the football league's stringent fit and proper person test. Again.

For three/four months...

And you know he'll sell them on to some dodgy front with no cash two months before they start talking about another administration for a pittance whilst retaining his £17m secured loan.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 25 Aug 2012 00:18

Ian Royal
Dare to Dr£am

For three/four months...

And you know he'll sell them on to some dodgy front with no cash two months before they start talking about another administration for a pittance whilst retaining his £17m secured loan.

Well, if the FL are true to their word, he'll not be allowed to carry that security (in full) over when/if the deal goes through.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2012 07:46

weybridgewanderer outside the transfer window you can sign players who are out of contract , they have no club so it is not a transfer

so the playrs they have for a month will all be out of contract in a couple of weeks

anybody can sign them. it will be interesting to see what happens if some choose not to sign for the 2nd month!

Michael Appleton was on The Footballers Football Show his week talking about the situation. He basically said they know they have these players until at least Jan as the one month contracts expire after the window meaning they are stuck with Pompey or not playing until Jan.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Aug 2012 07:56

Unless the club folds completely I believe.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2012 09:09

Indeed. If the club folds they can move between windows.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Aug 2012 12:04

Surely if they are out contract and therefore have no club they can move between windows too. What the feck is Appy on about?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Aug 2012 13:19

PieEater Surely if they are out contract and therefore have no club they can move between windows too. What the feck is Appy on about?

To join a club between windows you have to be out of contract before the window shuts.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 25 Aug 2012 13:34

And if Portsmouth cancel the contract because they can't afford it?

1559 posts